06 WRX vs. Camaro Z28 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 WRX vs. Camaro Z28 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MagikMan I really doubt it.... I payed less for my 'vette than most people pay for a ...

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    I really doubt it.... I payed less for my 'vette than most people pay for a new wrx.... Not including labor, I've only put about 6,000 into my car.... I have a good chance at breaking into the 10's n/a.... plus, my car will out handle the wrx... I cut just as good 60' as most sti's do... and camaros can hook even better... my friend with his z28 gets 1.5x 60' times....

So your vette makes 420whp? so like 480 to the fly? and 02 zo6 doesn't break 12's stock....and a new 06 z06 w/ 500 horses's isn't breakin into 10's... please explain how an under powered from those is going ot pull more? gearing? Im just curious.. this is great. Big muscle vs. RICE! hahahaha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by boostinmywrx
    Besides the fact that you can't put all the power to the ground...an underpowered wrx could still have a chance. If you can pull 13's with 400whp. I dont think that its exactally a huge success in the 1/4. Im not trying to be an ******* but if you spent the same on a wrx as you did a vett. You may be happier...i guess its all in what you want.
    Are you trying to compare the performance capabilities and of a vette and a wrx

A wrx has trouble getting into 12's on the stock tranny... and Forget about getting a wrx into 11's without rebuilding your motor or dropping in a built ej25. Hell, not even STi's will get into 11's on the stock motor, and a lot have trouble getting low 12's since any turbo you could swap in will make more than 350whp which means your bottom end will not last much longer.

On a vette however, N/A mods will earn you 11's easy! And that is without boost. My cousins bolt on's, cam, tuned, C5 w/ LS6 motor plows into the 11's with ease with trap speeds that some of the fastest wrx's known that are "track only" have barely get. And he is N/A. I dont think I need to even bring up what boosted vette's are doing.

As for you "getting the power down" statement. As Magikman already pointed out, with the right tires the vettes will cut 60' times rather similar to that of a wrx because of the gearing and incredible torque... Go the track and you will see bolt on vette's with street tires cutting 1.9/2.0. A lot of the more powerful ones with seasoned drivers will cut 1.8's

You just simply cannot compare the performance of the two vehicles. The wrx was BUILT to do more than make big power and drag... In fact its not a very good car to do that with at all.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

02 zo6 doesn't break 12's stock....
    Are you joking? GM High Tech Performance got an 04 (same engine) to run an 11.9 @119
    04 Silver STi M6

I rest my case, Thank you for the clarification. haha

So your vette makes 420whp? so like 480 to the fly? and 02 zo6 doesn't break 12's stock....and a new 06 z06 w/ 500 horses's isn't breakin into 10's... please explain how an under powered from those is going ot pull more? gearing? Im just curious.. this is great. Big muscle vs. RICE! hahahaha
    1) 420whp on the car is probably around 475-485chp (highly depends on the dyno used though)

2) 02 Z06 runs very low 12's with a good driver and there have been a couple instances of very high 11's.

3) I am not sure that magikman will hit 10's but certainly 11's. However with slicks or DR's and a perfect day he might high 10's but I am not sure... Either way, he is N/A with bolt on's and his car far surpasses what any sti/wrx can do with the same mods or money.

Dont get me wrong, the STi/wrx are great cars with phenominal potential for their price... But to compare them to a vette just does not workout... They are different levels of sport machines.
    However, what makes an Evo such a badass car is that the evo can in fact be compared to a vette in terms of modability and performance
    Just call me Clark Kent

gotta love the iron evo block baby....

Yeah, I definitely don't think i'll break the 10's... however... I know other people with my same set up on full slicks in the 10's.... also... it's not about peak hp.... I only peak at 420... however.... I'm making over 350ft/lbs at 2500 and I go up to 390ft/lbs and and never fall back to less than 365ft/lbs so..... the moral of the story... it's about the volume under the graph.... not about peak power... it's like 700hp supras... they run 12's....
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    it's like 700hp supras... they run 12's....
    Do not generalize.

There are plenty of 500whp Supra's in the 10's/11's.
    The only reason they tend to peak so high and run crap times is not because of the car itself... the car has INCREDIBLE potential.. especially in the 1320. The problem is that the car is able to handle slapping on a huge freaking turbo and running it well. Therefore too many supra owners just slap on huge turbo's because they know the motor can handle it. The only problem is that the turbo doesn't hit full spool until 6k rpm's hence the bad e.t.'s and ridiculously high traps.

Find a Supra owner who is smart and builds their car for full powerband potential and uses some tires that can get that to the ground and 10's is pretty standard. In fact, we have a shop here in Chicago that specialized in Supra's and last time I was there about a year ago they had 4 supra's in the 10's and not one of them made over 600whp. One did make 900whp something, but it was strictly a dyno queen car to trailer to sponsored shows and meets to show off.... It is all in how you build the car man.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Do not generalize.

The only reason they tend to peak so high and run crap times is not because of the car itself... the car has INCREDIBLE potential.. especially in the 1320. The problem is that the car is able to handle slapping on a huge freaking turbo and running it well. Therefore too many supra owners just slap on huge turbo's because they know the motor can handle it. The only problem is that the turbo doesn't hit full spool until 6k rpm's hence the bad e.t.'s and ridiculously high traps.

Find a Supra owner who is smart and builds their car for full powerband potential and uses some tires that can get that to the ground and 10's is pretty standard. In fact, we have a shop here in Chicago that specialized in Supra's and last time I was there about a year ago they had 4 supra's in the 10's and not one of them made over 600whp. One did make 900whp something, but it was strictly a dyno queen car to trailer to sponsored shows and meets to show off.... It is all in how you build the car man.
    Doesn't the car have extremly large traction issues as well, also netting it poor ETs?
    04 Silver STi M6

A wrx has trouble getting into 12's on the stock tranny... and Forget about getting a wrx into 11's without rebuilding your motor or dropping in a built ej25. Hell, not even STi's will get into 11's on the stock motor, and a lot have trouble getting low 12's since any turbo you could swap in will make more than 350whp which means your bottom end will not last much longer.
    While I agree with the rest of your post this section is simple not the case. While it is odd that people are breaking into the 11's with stock block and tranny it does happen and happen enough that I wouldn't call it a fluke. The guys in PR have 2 vf39 pwered ej205 with stock trannies into the 11's.

The simple truth is most people in the USA just can't drive for **** (more then likely me included). There is an mid 8 second WRX with only 618awhp in AU yet here in the USA we have 9 second 900awhp cars. The guys in PR are proving you don't need a huge turbo to run into the 11's but look at all the FP-Red and FP-Green Sti's still running 12's.

Just cause someone isn't breaking into the 11's with a car doesn't mean the car can't do it.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    While I agree with the rest of your post this section is simple not the case. While it is odd that people are breaking into the 11's with stock block and tranny it does happen and happen enough that I wouldn't call it a fluke. The guys in PR have 2 vf39 pwered ej205 with stock trannies into the 11's.

The simple truth is most people in the USA just can't drive for **** (more then likely me included). There is an mid 8 second WRX with only 618awhp in AU yet here in the USA we have 9 second 900awhp cars. The guys in PR are proving you don't need a huge turbo to run into the 11's but look at all the FP-Red and FP-Green Sti's still running 12's.

Just cause someone isn't breaking into the 11's with a car doesn't mean the car can't do it.
    Huge turbos are the wrong way to go to get a good et. That is always why I attribute that high HP cars, even AWD ones run terrible et
    04 Silver STi M6

Quote Originally Posted by tx77015ls1
    BTW, I had a 2001 blue WRX But I sold it

I am still trying to figure out how you had a 2001 WRX since they didnt come to the US until 2002.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

i guess it was a typo

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com..._zo/index.html

story on thw 11sec Z06
    2000 Z28 MTI clear lid, K&N Filter, Larger Blure MAF ends, SLP Smooth bellows, Camaro SS catback with cut out, Tubular rear lower control arms, 13.3@106 and 316 RWHP

Do not generalize.

I don't remember saying anything about 500hp supras... I know I talked about the 700hp ones.... but never the 500hp I was making the point that it's not about peak hp.... it's about what's under the curve... a 700hp supra doesn't have much under the curve. I wasn't making a ponit that supras suck.. just ones in the 700hp range :-P
    Last edited by MagikMan; 05-26-2006 at 10:27 AM.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by tx77015ls1
    i guess it was a typo
    you guess? you mean you dont know?
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.