05 STi vs. 05 WRX (quick)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 05 STi vs. 05 WRX (quick) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, this one is a lot better, i promise. It has suspense, action, lying, guileness. Its great. Ok so here ...

05 STi vs. 05 WRX (quick)

Ok, this one is a lot better, i promise. It has suspense, action, lying, guileness. Its great. Ok so here we go.

I pull into stop and shop off of rt.37 to just chill for a bit with a cl480? amg benz, mustang mach1, and modded 97 mustang gt. Well no sooner does this black wrx i saw go over the bridge a while ago pull up next to me out of nowhere. His windows are tinted so i only saw him and his passenger(he had someone in the backseat as well i later found), its really clean, and OBP(obsidian black pearl). Slammed, nice fat 5 spoke gold/bronish rims with some serious dish. Vigg designs sticker on back window, gold company stickers up the drivers door. Really nice , semi-subtle, but clean. He was older guy, about 27. I ask you from around here? he replies almost hesitant with a nearby town. I say cool. He asks me if im running out there....i say ive been coming out here for years but i just started driving this year. He nods. I ask him what he has done, he kinda chuckles but looks away and then looks at me and just says he has an sti turbo. I go O? the VF39? He goes yea. Cool. I found it a bit odd he didnt name anything else (to my knowledge and hopefully the rest of this forum, the wrx requires quite a few things to support that turbo). He asks me, i rattle them off, and say i have a decent street tune. He says mines not tuned...... O ok, i just nod thinking, ok unsafe car ....but as hes saying all this i have the biggest feeling he is me and he thinks he can destroy me. So im very curious by now. He asks, how many psi you running, i reply 19. He goes me too.....im really starting to catch on because untuned 19psi....ok hot egts....not possible.

He asks me if i want to run? I say sure, go down past the underpass, its dead over there. Its just after 12 or so btw. So we cruise down towards there. The rest of the guys trailing behind. We go from 45mph, no honks, just mutual go. He keeps up pretty good in third and then 4th i put him at my rear bumper and then some and it stayed that way right after a little bit into 5th. We pace each other again, hes suprised, his passengers are OMGHI2U crazy, he smiles, i give him the , and jokingly shakes his fist. We go again from third and hangs better this time, dead even. While we were dead even, our exhaust tones matched in frequency and i just went wow, that sounds AMAZING . and then shifted so perfectly into 4th, not to mention he could shift as well, and just put him back at my bumper. and it stayed that way.

Well after our third and final race.....i brake heavily to give him a space to swerve in front of me in case his brakes failed because a random lone car was in the middle lane. Well, he never hits his brakes.......dun dun dun......he swerves into the right and gradually slows down. I look back only to catch a headlight behind this ford explorer in the middle lane(the pack+one ford explorer had caught back up by now), and see it has a yellow led blinker near the center of the bumper ....my heart drops....for those of you that don't know. The cops by us have telltale signs to spot them, gigantic reflective strip on the side, light bar, brush guard, white cars, and lastly, yellowish headlights, with yellow led turn signals near the inside bumper.......i go oh s#@$ ....my g/f says what....i go cop....no sooner do the cherries and blueberries turn on and i thought that was it.....well he goes around the explorer and goes after the black wrx. I felt so bad but the cop was so far behind tech. he could not of gotten him for speeding, just careless driving, and i know this because right before our third race, behind the pack, the cop had started to show up their rear views, well i never caught the high beams, and the cell phone wasnt quick enough. So hopefully he got off okay, but im sure he did because he had a shield in his front window. But that was it for my night, and i blessed my lucky stars.
    Last edited by Cuztom15; 12-22-2005 at 07:55 PM. Reason: smilies
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.