05 STi vs. Poor Chevy Lumina
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 STi vs. Poor Chevy Lumina within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So me and my two friends are out in my friends 06 audi a4 2.0t (chipped), and were at this ...

05 STi vs. Poor Chevy Lumina

So me and my two friends are out in my friends 06 audi a4 2.0t (chipped), and were at this light. We see this old chevy lumina with these interior neons and gauges and it has the worst sounding exhaust you will ever hear, roll up next to us. We laughed. He starts to take off and my friend sort of gets on it, maybe 75% throttle and just put about a bus length or two on him . Then the passenger shakes his hand like ehh, that was ok. So he tries to go from a roll and just gets owned again. My friend was laughing so hard, he had to ask him to pull over to see what was actually done to it. This kid starts saying how he has bad spark plugs and stuff. Well he had a CAI(OMG) and some wires and some crappy exhaust. Then he asks what the audi runs, and my friend says low 14s chipped. So the kid goes....mmm, im gettin there. I guess its just gonna take a little more.

So i couldnt resist and asked him if he wanted to run because i havent raced in ages and im dying to. He asked what i drive, i told him it was 2.5rs with STi replica stuff, really crappy turbo and its slow. He says sure. Meanwhile im stage2 tuned. LOL. So we go out from a 45mph or so roll, im in third, he nails it, i barely press the throttle, maybe 25%, just touching boost, to keep up with him, and have this face like im really trying, and then i just slam it and put about 7 buslengths on him, ok i lied, but it was literally a bus or 2. He then proceeded to not look at me and then as we approached traffic, he proceeds to step on it and whip through traffic like it was an autox course. Meanwhile, were still dying laughing cruising. I almost felt really bad lying to him but i had to.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cuztom15
    So me and my two friends are out in my friends 06 audi a4 2.0t (chipped), and were at this light. We see this old chevy lumina with these interior neons and gauges and it has the worst sounding exhaust you will ever hear, roll up next to us. We laughed. He starts to take off and my friend sort of gets on it, maybe 75% throttle and just put about a bus length or two on him . Then the passenger shakes his hand like ehh, that was ok. So he tries to go from a roll and just gets owned again. My friend was laughing so hard, he had to ask him to pull over to see what was actually done to it. This kid starts saying how he has bad spark plugs and stuff. Well he had a CAI(OMG) and some wires and some crappy exhaust. Then he asks what the audi runs, and my friend says low 14s chipped. So the kid goes....mmm, im gettin there. I guess its just gonna take a little more.

So i couldnt resist and asked him if he wanted to run because i havent raced in ages and im dying to. He asked what i drive, i told him it was 2.5rs with STi replica stuff, really crappy turbo and its slow. He says sure. Meanwhile im stage2 tuned. LOL. So we go out from a 45mph or so roll, im in third, he nails it, i barely press the throttle, maybe 25%, just touching boost, to keep up with him, and have this face like im really trying, and then i just slam it and put about 7 buslengths on him, ok i lied, but it was literally a bus or 2. He then proceeded to not look at me and then as we approached traffic, he proceeds to step on it and whip through traffic like it was an autox course. Meanwhile, were still dying laughing cruising. I almost felt really bad lying to him but i had to.

whats is whith all these gay races lately.. With crappy cars..Go race a cobra and post that.. this is like the 5th person with these stories.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar

A 2.5rs with replica stuff. O man thats great. Good idea actually.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

well i do have a cobra kill story, we both had catbacks, he had an 04 S/C, and we were dead even pretty much from a low or high roll in the end. But that was long ago. I have kill stories recently of mach1s, foxbodies, ricers, O WAIT, i do have a real good kill story of me and 05 wrx, new thread....
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

those lumina's can be pretty peppy!

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    those lumina's can be pretty peppy!
    Especially after they visit pep boys.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

so you lied to kid an beat him with like $30k more than he spent, congrats.......you're lucky it wasn't a dohc 3.4 ltz, or z34, they can come in manual, and i've seen n/a ones put out over 400whp. GM backs its cars like noone else, for years you could get blowers on 2.2 cavaliers, with a warranty and dealer-installed, and just now people are fearing cobalts and ****. Just think if he had a $499 nitrous kit, he may have shown you whats up, so don't be so arrogant.
    New England F4
    If you're not shifting, you're just riding.

I totalled my WRX

Hey Anthony,
    Yeah, the z34 might of been a waste of gas, but at least you had fun.. Suby power!
    your brother in trim,
    Bill
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Quote Originally Posted by silvewrx
    so you lied to kid an beat him with like $30k more than he spent, congrats.......you're lucky it wasn't a dohc 3.4 ltz, or z34, they can come in manual, and i've seen n/a ones put out over 400whp. GM backs its cars like noone else, for years you could get blowers on 2.2 cavaliers, with a warranty and dealer-installed, and just now people are fearing cobalts and ****. Just think if he had a $499 nitrous kit, he may have shown you whats up, so don't be so arrogant.
    wow bro, calm down, thats fine you have an opinion(sp??) and all, but for one, i know the kid, and 2, lucky nothing, i dont care if he won, im just out for fun man. Thats cool you really like gm and all but i just posted because it was funny. I saw what he had in it. He was just a 17 year old kid trying to mod out what he had. I wasnt being arrogant at all. Thats fine, he can go have a nitrous kit, it still wouldnt have done anything, not to mention the shape his motor was in, even a brand new one probably couldnt handle it.

But enough about that, your entitled to your intepretation....soooo, to each his own.

LOL, thanks bill. It was fun, i saw you the other morning omw to school.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

I raced a SV1000 on the interstate the other day, and beat him.(I was shocked)

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    I raced a SV1000 on the interstate the other day, and beat him.(I was shocked)
    Was it on the back of a bike trailer?
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

a lumina owned me last week! he was an undercover un marked cop! and he followed me for 4 miles b4 i decided to take off on him, read my story in OT
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

wow bro, calm down, thats fine you have an opinion(sp??) and all, but for one, i know the kid, and 2, lucky nothing, i dont care if he won, im just out for fun man. Thats cool you really like gm and all but i just posted because it was funny. I saw what he had in it. He was just a 17 year old kid trying to mod out what he had. I wasnt being arrogant at all. Thats fine, he can go have a nitrous kit, it still wouldnt have done anything, not to mention the shape his motor was in, even a brand new one probably couldnt handle it.

But enough about that, your entitled to your intepretation....soooo, to each his own.

Sorry I didn't intend to come off that aggressive, i guess it's slew of posts about misinformed people lately that have gotten to me......No harm intended, i just enjoy picking on more superior, typically european machinery, but either way if he was talkin sh!t he deserved the humiliation anyway.
    New England F4
    If you're not shifting, you're just riding.

I totalled my WRX

Whatever...You're just lucky it wasn't a Eurosport Edition. ...Those things reminded me so much of Europe. You couldn't hope to keep up in the twisties(unless you have a UK edition WRX of course).

Last edited by Road Warrior; 12-26-2005 at 09:03 AM.
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

silvewrx-no problem, its all good, Hey i dont blame ya, very rarely will i waste my gas, but i had to because none of the big toys come out and play, like the 04s/c pullied cobras, the strokered evo that hasnt been out in ages, the oldschool s/ced foxbodies, no more vettes, no s2ks, no vdubs....nothing...so it gets boring.

roadwarrior-well, it is an sti and all, with some upgraded suspension stuff on the way, not to mention, nobody around here would have one, it was fairly old. i know what i run before i go at it. Even when they roll up along side me. but like i said before, im just out for fun.

if you want a really good story, go look at my other post against an 05wrx, just recently posted.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast