He was so EVO!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on He was so EVO! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I finally got to kind of race an EVO. It was an EVO VIII I believe and stock as ...

He was so EVO!

Well I finally got to kind of race an EVO. It was an EVO VIII I believe and stock as far as I could tell. It was an interstate run. We came around the loop and hit it. He was in front of me so it was hard to tell who actually WON the race, but he couldn't pull on me. I am happy that I could keep up with the almighty EVO in my lowly WRX. I'd like to race from a stop or at least side by side to see exactly how evenly matched we were. It was funny, though, because I guess he expected to just walk away.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There really arnt too many evos around here at all, I have oonly ran into one and it was when I was in my Jeep. Was it a red one?
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Good run. Do not expect such results with all stock Evo's though. If your times are accurate (13.8 @ 96mph) most evo's would make waste of you.

Good run though
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

You ran a "stock" EVO? Did it have dealer plates on it? Every EVO I have sen has been modded and a good 80% has cams. One guy I know had parts for his 2005 EVO RS before he picked up the car. They were in the car a week later.

In any case nice run.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

He is stage two and if the evo was stock i don't find that odd at all. I wouldn't worry too much with stock evo's buttt you put cams exhaust and a tune on one and ur push 320whp watch out.
    Heaven is where the police are british, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the Lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, The chefs British, the mechanics French,the Lovers Swiss, and its all organized by the italians.
    Cobb Stage 2 Cattless FTW
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

Rex ... No it was silver. I see 'em all over the place these days. Well not ALL over the place but I've seen a few around. Mostly in Bellevue. Seems the Air Force boys really like them. That red one, by the way, is fast as hell.

And I was shocked to see it was indeed stock (at least I think it was judging by how well I kept up) because EVERY Evo I've seen is modded and usually I get butt raped -- not in the good way -- when we race.

my previous car was a wrx with similar mods as you, Ecutek, Helix up/down pipes and now have 05 Evo

Stock Evo is clearly a faster car then a "stage 2" wrx

same with Stock STI, I've read guys on this forum for yrs claiming their wrx stage 2 cars are faster then stock STI's and they're full of it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HBPUNK
    my previous car was a wrx with similar mods as you, Ecutek, Helix up/down pipes and now have 05 Evo

Stock Evo is clearly a faster car then a "stage 2" wrx

same with Stock STI, I've read guys on this forum for yrs claiming their wrx stage 2 cars are faster then stock STI's and they're full of it IMO.
    They definitely are not faster, but they will hang pretty damn close. You cant say going from a stage 2 WRX to an EVO that it is clearly faster, I got to drive my first EVO last week and you cant really tell a difference from the drivers seat(which is much nicer in the EVO).

I've owned both, I would probably know

going from a stage 2 wrx to a STI or Evo is CLEARLY faster. You probably drove the Evo with snooty WRX owners attitude and wouldnt be truthful with yourself, it's quite common

let us know when you break off an Evo is your stage 2 wrx, it wont happen

going from a stage 2 wrx to a STI or Evo is CLEARLY faster. You probably drove the Evo with snooty WRX owners attitude and wouldnt be truthful with yourself, it's quite common

eh

Average Cobb Stage II WRX runs around a 13.5@100mph, best i have seen is a 13.1@103.3mph. Average EVO runs a 13.3@102mph, best i have seen is a 12.9@104mph. Yes the EVO is faster but 2 tenths of a second in the 1/4 and a few mph trap speed is def still a drivers race with the EVO having a slight advantage. If you take your car down the 1/4 10 times i bet your times vary by more then 2tenth of a second half the time. Bottom line, EVO is faster, but a good driver in a WRX can beat an average driver in a stock EVO.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 12-27-2005 at 03:03 PM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

how about a pro-tuned stage 2 LGT vs stock EVO?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

elohdaeh78, I can agree with that post. They are close enough to possibly be a drivers race

Grayson, What is a pro-tuned stage 2 LGT?

elohdaeh78, I can agree with that post. They are close enough to possibly be a drivers race

Grayson, What is a pro-tuned stage 2 LGT?
    Legacy GT, cobb stage 2 with a pro-tune done...usually about 280 awhp...a recent one done was 283 awhp at 3000 rpms.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Snooty WRX owners attitude? It really isnt that much faster man, not enough to where you would clearly be able to say that it is faster just from driving it.

Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to say "snooty WRX owners attitude" when you post comments like this with your holier-than-thou attitude telling everybody there's no way any Stage II WRX can ever beat a stock EVO?

Anyway ... the visual difference between a 13.3-13.5 and a 13.6-13.8 on the track is about a half-car I'd say, if that. I lost to a Civic at the track by about a car and was about .8 slower than him. So if we're on the street it'd be a "close" race. When you're talking about fractions of a second then yeah, I'd say it's not CLEARLY faster.

For the record I have beaten stock STIs on the street before from a stop. I've never raced a stock EVO from a stop on the street before because it's hard to find a stock EVO. It's hard to find a stock STI I suppose, but not AS hard. If it comes down to driver vs. driver I'd say I'm better than average, so on most days I'll win the "driver's race." On most days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast