He was so EVO! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on He was so EVO! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 13.3-13.5 and a 13.6-13.8..their you go, you are not faster as just posted by yourself, we are done. If you ...

13.3-13.5 and a 13.6-13.8..their you go, you are not faster as just posted by yourself, we are done.

If you race my wife and she's driving a Porsche Twin Turbo, you are probably going to beat her, lol who cares about the driver, we are here talking about the cars and best or average times....in that realm (reality) you will not be beating a stock STI or EVO with a stage 2 wrx

I do not know anything about the Legacy, so I will not comment

a "pro-tune" I am guessing is an Ecutek Road Tune, which is much better then Cobb from my personal experience of smashing my 3 friends wrx's had the high altitude "Cobb" tuned cars in CA (lol)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HBPUNK
    13.3-13.5 and a 13.6-13.8..their you go, you are not faster as just posted by yourself, we are done.

If you race my wife and she's driving a Porsche Twin Turbo, you are probably going to beat her, lol who cares about the driver, we are here talking about the cars and best or average times....in that realm (reality) you will not be beating a stock STI or EVO with a stage 2 wrx
    the driver is probably the most important part of a cars performance, without a driver, the car isnt going anywhere. who cares if an evo can run a 13.3....if the driver of the evo cant drive worth a ****, HIS evo isnt going to run that 13.3.

true....a stage 2 WRX probably isnt going to beat every stock evo, but it will definately put up a fight, and depending how well both drivers can pilot their cars, it could be a close race, the wrx could get smashed, or the evo could get smashed.

moral of story: the car is nothing without the driver

you are only stating what I already did

this forum should be about peformance driving then according to you. It doesnt matter if youre driving an underpowered stage 2 wrx or STI/Evo, it only matters how you got to the end of the race (driver). Just put a granny in the drivers seat as the only thing that matters is who beat who, not the car

later

a "pro-tune" I am guessing is an Ecutek Road Tune, which is much better then Cobb from my personal experience of smashing my 3 friends wrx's had the high altitude "Cobb" tuned cars in CA (lol)
    Dude do you not realize how small of a differnce 0.1-0.2 sec. actually is? Why the **** do you say "Cobb" like its some made up gizmo that a few of us came up with? Im sure you "smashed" a few highly tuned Cobb WRX's in a stock EVO . You really should stop posting in this thread, youre making yourself look like a jackass. And trust me a ""protuned"" stock turbo WRX would "smash" a stock EVO by a good half second WITH EQUAL DRIVERS.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

You see that on the Interweb a lot -- people saying "Road and Track says my car runs 13s stock but I can't get a better time than a 14.5. Why?"

The answer is "Because the guy at Road and Track who test drove the car is a much better driver than you!" So yes, driver does matter. Unless you're comparing magazine times.

When people say "How fast is your car?" I say "It runs 13.8s." Then when they say "What's it supposed to run?" I say "13.8s." And that's the reason I don't like the "What SHOULD my car run?" threads. Take it to the track and find out!
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

I do not know anything about the Legacy, so I will not comment

pro-tune on cobb stage 2 is basically street tuning or tuning on a dyno with stage 2 equipment... downpipe, up pipe, AP, but using a tuner to further tune the map. the base stage 2 that is pre-loaded is basically a safe tune map...pro tuning betters the mapping and gets more HP/Torque from the setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Wouldnt you know it, I ran in to an EVO last night. It was a white one with no spoiler, which ever model that is. Got off of Dodge at 156th and going east it gets cut down to one lane and he took the lane that ended, which kind of puzzled me b/c he was in front and could of gone to either lane, but anyways we both went around the corner and gunned it, although it was a short run, probably only up to 65, I got about his bumper to my front tire and then we had to let off.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12