05' Mustang GT vs. 05' STi
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05' Mustang GT vs. 05' STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im a newb, and will soon be getting an STi within a week. I was previously looking into getting Mustang ...

05' Mustang GT vs. 05' STi

Im a newb, and will soon be getting an STi within a week. I was previously looking into getting Mustang GT, but I was hoping it would have been a little faster. I was wondering from yalls perspective, how a Mustang GT would compare against an STi from a straight roll from 20mph - 140mph. Not saying at all that this will happen. I am just trying to get a rough estimate as to where the strongest powerbands come from each car. Thank you.
    -John

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's going to be a very good race. I would like to see that race. The STi is definately a faster car in the 1/4 mile, but from a roll its going to be very close.

I test dr0ve the 05 GT the other day, stock it's wack ...STi would pwn the 05 GT, but 05 GT with pulley upgrade, intake , exhaust + Chip...it would be the other way around ;x
    So Cal F4 # 10

Quote Originally Posted by Blofe
    I test dr0ve the 05 GT the other day, stock it's wack ...STi would pwn the 05 GT, but 05 GT with pulley upgrade, intake , exhaust + Chip...it would be the other way around ;x
    Actually, changing the exhaust really does nothing with these cars. It is mostly a sound thing... a catless X-pipe on the other hand...

The biggest instant bolt on HP increase, (besides a supercharger!) would be to add a CAI AND computer tune. The car is so sensitive to changes that EM is not just desired, it is required, (a CAI will get you a CEL without it). The computer tune will also get rid of that annoying throttle lag.

I didn't really notice any difference with the pulleys...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

The new gts are still fast. I almost got one but all they had was convertable and i didnt fit in it so i got a sti.. But the new gts are fast. My brothers about to buy one and put a either kenne bell or whipple on it. 540 whp... haha Buy Buy Mr. Subie
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

If you really wanted the faster car, you should have gotten an 03-04 SVT Cobra. they will put both the 05 GT and STi to shame in a straight line. Especially from a roll.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    If you really wanted the faster car, you should have gotten an 03-04 SVT Cobra. they will put both the 05 GT and STi to shame in a straight line. Especially from a roll.
    No doubt. He wants an 03 cobra. Or a cobra r. But i dono how a cobra would hold up to a new mustand with a whipple
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

Im not a fan of cobras..they are fast dont get me wrong, damn fast. I just have never liked them enough to get one.
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

Quote Originally Posted by WrxRick
    Im not a fan of cobras..they are fast dont get me wrong, damn fast. I just have never liked them enough to get one.
    I wouldnt mind one, but a friend of mine has one and complains to me about how he can never afford the gas
    Thanks for the responses everyone, keep them coming.

I love the cobra its just not real practical. Price wise. But would love a cobra r.

I woulnt wana race a new 05 gt beacouse there still fast. If i woulda waited maby a week or 2 more when they had a hard top in then i would be in a 05 mustang right now but my height wont allow for a convertible
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

I Support ClubWRX
    FWIW, my Stage 2 Legacy easily pulled on a 05 GT from around a 60 MPH start. It wasn't even close.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    No doubt. He wants an 03 cobra. Or a cobra r. But i dono how a cobra would hold up to a new mustand with a whipple
    I think a basic bolt-on (pulley, intake, catback, tune) Cobra will hang just fine if not kill that whippled GT. I have the mods listed and put down 466/473 at the wheels with just $1500 in mods. I don't know how much the whipple will give the GT, but you can always slap a whipple onto a Cobra (a lot easier task than a GT) and you will have over 600 rwhp, with a safe tune. Bang for the Buck, the Cobra just cant be beat

As for the Cobra R, sweet car definately, but they are way too rare to be driving around daily. I would love to have one in the garage one day, or for track racing, that would be the shiza.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Drive one, you will change your mind.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    I think a basic bolt-on (pulley, intake, catback, tune) Cobra will hang just fine if not kill that whippled GT. I have the mods listed and put down 466/473 at the wheels with just $1500 in mods. I don't know how much the whipple will give the GT, but you can always slap a whipple onto a Cobra (a lot easier task than a GT) and you will have over 600 rwhp, with a safe tune. Bang for the Buck, the Cobra just cant be beat

As for the Cobra R, sweet car definately, but they are way too rare to be driving around daily. I would love to have one in the garage one day, or for track racing, that would be the shiza.
    Yea i think the sight was whipple or kenne bell. and stated like 540whp. Throw ona pully intake catbacks and a good tune and itll be set. Yea cobras are tha **** and i want one. But there expensive and im happy with my sti
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    FWIW, my Stage 2 Legacy easily pulled on a 05 GT from around a 60 MPH start. It wasn't even close.
    I dont know much if anything at all about legacy and there speed. But the new gts are faster than the old ones
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast