05' Mustang GT vs. 05' STi - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on 05' Mustang GT vs. 05' STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; juice 33 and eze13...consider this a warning for personal attacks. juice initiated, eze13 followed up. Please read the rules and ...

I Support ClubWRX
    juice 33 and eze13...consider this a warning for personal attacks. juice initiated, eze13 followed up. Please read the rules and understand that this behavior is not condoned on this site. I'm sure we are all mature enough to just let dead dogs lie and agree to disagree. Thanks for your cooperation.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As for takein a corner in an sti. Ha take a corner in a cobra r.
    Subaru makes some good cars,Subaru makes some bad cars,
    Ford makes some good cars,Ford makes some bad cars,
    Chevy makes some good cars, Chevy makes some bad cars,

So the hell what theres no need to talk bad about what somebody else likes. Im sorry to inform you that your sti,chevy,or mustang is not superior. There what you want or like. Thats why you got them. I wont own a chevy,But i also wont bash a chevy beacouse theres people that live for chevys. And to me thats disrespectful to just trash talk something that somebody else owns. That in my book is a ricer, A disrespectful punk that thinks there car is god o mighty. When i first got my sti and started postin here i thought i was hot ****. Nobody could beat me, I was invincible with my 300 hp and awd. Well i woke up and this board tought me to respect peoples stuf more. Beacouse to some people there cars are there life. Makeing a ford comment will bring nothing but flame. But how would you like it if somebody made a chevy comment. You would get defensive to. The 05 sti and 05 gt is a good match Period
    Whats the point of manufactur bashing? Does it make you feel complete to talk sht about a huge company that makes cars?

800+hp
    My brothers about to buy a 05 mustang and kennebell it.
    Last edited by Fox05; 12-28-2005 at 05:13 PM.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    As for takein a corner in an sti. Ha take a corner in a cobra r.
    Subaru makes some good cars,Subaru makes some bad cars,
    Ford makes some good cars,Ford makes some bad cars,
    Chevy makes some good cars, Chevy makes some bad cars,

So the hell what theres no need to talk bad about what somebody else likes. Im sorry to inform you that your sti,chevy,or mustang is not superior. There what you want or like. Thats why you got them. I wont own a chevy,But i also wont bash a chevy beacouse theres people that live for chevys. And to me thats disrespectful to just trash talk something that somebody else owns. That in my book is a ricer, A disrespectful punk that thinks there car is god o mighty. When i first got my sti and started postin here i thought i was hot ****. Nobody could beat me, I was invincible with my 300 hp and awd. Well i woke up and this board tought me to respect peoples stuf more. Beacouse to some people there cars are there life. Makeing a ford comment will bring nothing but flame. But how would you like it if somebody made a chevy comment. You would get defensive to. The 05 sti and 05 gt is a good match Period
    Whats the point of manufactur bashing? Does it make you feel complete to talk sht about a huge company that makes cars?

800+hp
    My brothers about to buy a 05 mustang and kennebell it.
    Well said bro

I just think the dude needs some waking up is all I was trying say, just not so nicely. Plus I am justy trying to have some fun passing the day while in the office.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Well said bro

I just think the dude needs some waking up is all I was trying say, just not so nicely. Plus I am justy trying to have some fun passing the day while in the office.
    Hear ya on the passing time thing.

First time you drove your 03 cobra. Did the handaling suprise you?
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    Hear ya on the passing time thing.

First time you drove your 03 cobra. Did the handaling suprise you?
    Well the handling was a lot better than I expected. I guess if you haven't driven one or owned one, you would think it handles like any other live axel Mustang GT/V6. But the IRS is pretty decent stock. There are plenty of suspension mods, which I will be doing soon, that can make the car handle like it's on rails, for about $4k you can get a really sick suspension set-up, ahh someday in the next couple of years. The only thing I don't like are the brakes. The STis were much better, it seemed like, but then again the STi was lighter and had less power, so that may be part of it.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

I Support ClubWRX
    I cross shopped the Cobra against the STi and loved the car as a whole. LOTS of power and torque, and the handling was very respectable. I think it was mostly the ergonomics and very long throw shifter (with a wierd angle), coupled with the fact that I live in the snow belt that drew me more towards the STi. It's not a decision I regret, but I wouldn't mind having that much power potential in the driveway.....at all!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    I cross shopped the Cobra against the STi and loved the car as a whole. LOTS of power and torque, and the handling was very respectable. I think it was mostly the ergonomics and very long throw shifter (with a wierd angle), coupled with the fact that I live in the snow belt that drew me more towards the STi. It's not a decision I regret, but I wouldn't mind having that much power potential in the driveway.....at all!
    Originally the shifting angle made me not like the car, after my first test drive, especially after driving an STi for a while. Then I got used to it and picked up an aftermarket SS and it is a differet world now. The MGW SS (orange handle) is pretty sweet, short and can be angled any which way you want it for the most comfortable shiftiong position, and it was a brezze to install. I am in CT so I know it won't do much in the snow, that is why I picked up a beater (86 4Runner for now, a 2000 Taurus next year). Believe it or not, I talked to one guy with a KB blower putting down 590/590 and he drove it in the snow. I don't know why or how but he said it did just fine with good snow tires. I am not willing to find that out though.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456