05' Mustang GT vs. 05' STi - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05' Mustang GT vs. 05' STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Fox05 In what track condition?Driver? What track type? OMG seriously people you can go back and forth ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    In what track condition?Driver? What track type?
    OMG seriously people you can go back and forth on this for days and still be at the same point you are now.

If you dont like mustangs then you dont like them. But an 05 GT isnt a snail by any means, I ran one with a good driver and I didnt beat him by a whole lot. That was with only a few little mods. Bottom line here is, all I read is a bunch of poo pouring out of the mouths of so many of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ODiz413
    MUSTANGS SUCK... i've smoked numerous mustangs wihtout even leaving 3rd or 4th gear... and im not even an STi, i've beaten a 98 cobra... 01 gt, adn 05gt... they SUCK
    Man this is a really dumb statement. I am not in anyway a fan of Mustangs but they can make alot of power. Your stock WRX will get run over by a Stock 05 GT.. Your comment is just idiotic and shows no maturity, or any real knowledge of cars. What really sucks is your grammer. You need to go back to riding a schwin!

There is no way to say what car can beat another car that is closely matched with out actually being there and running them against each other. Cold roads will favor the STI/WRX from the dig. Poor driver in the STI even with Cold road, may favor the GT more if it has a better driver. There are just to many variables involved in this thread for there to have enough veracity to state that one is better than the other. Hence the phrase "Any Given Sunday" anyone can beat anyone with the right conditions.

I think this thread has excided its worth.
    Last edited by enash99; 12-23-2005 at 11:20 AM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by eze13
    hmmmm...i may not have 100 posts...but MOST mustangs do SUCK..dont get me wrong..i like the svts.r.and saleen..but damn dude have you ever been to texas?..i mean i dont think anyone around here that has a mustang has even heard of the word MOD?.. a mustang is about as common as seeing a minivan these days..03 cobra's sound sick!!!!..but at the end of the day..its just a mustang...or a ford none the less...
    In a sence I do have to agree. Most of the Mustangs around me are nothing more then a flowmaster muffler (not even a cat-back) and tinted windows. And I do see them everywhere. It's nice picking on the V8's from time to time but it gets old.

I think in my area there is maybe 3 Mustangs worlth talking about and all 3 can smoke me from 2nd gear on.

I would have loved to have traded in the WRX for an 03 Cobra and even had a dealer looking for me but in the end I have 2 kids and live in the Poconos (Ski resorts). I had a 86 IROC putting down 422rwhp before my 1st born and let me tell you even if the weatherman said the word "snow" my car would piss oil all over the driveway.

High HP + RWD + Snow =
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

it can go on for days?...ok ok...an 05 gt has how many hps.torque at stock? i dont even think 300 if its at that(correct me if im wrong)...and its rwd...05 Sti has around 300 give/take a little...awd....isnt it a given?..sti right?...i mean cmon...with a decent driver..good condition <---these are all givens) in both of them the sti will own for sure..and if not..anybody who has 05 gt in my area..hit me up..lets put it to the test!

it can go on for days?...ok ok...an 05 gt has how many hps.torque at stock? i dont even think 300 if its at that(correct me if im wrong)...and its rwd...05 Sti has around 300 give/take a little...awd....isnt it a given?..sti right?...i mean cmon...with a decent driver..good condition <---these are all givens) in both of them the sti will own for sure..and if not..anybody who has 05 gt in my area..hit me up..lets put it to the test!

I was mainly speaking to him about his WRX. An STI would have completely different results. But if you can find someone with an 05 GT. Tape it then post it.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

First of all, I believe the original poster was talking about a 20mph roll. We all know that an STi would beat an 05 GT from a dig. An 05 GT has 300hp and a little over 300tq but it has more of these AT THE WHEELS than a stock STi. From a roll it will be pretty close.

There would be none of this "owning" by the STi as you put it... Most likely the GT would edge the STi from a roll. Stop being a fanboy and learn about the competition instead of just saying what you want to hear.

Please re-read the first post and make your posts more readable.
    Last edited by Road Warrior; 12-23-2005 at 12:37 PM.
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

instead or argueing why dont us guys with the stis go out and look for a gt to race. ill do it right now, only one around here so it might not work but ill try. also 03-04 cobras are sick. i would definetly own one if it was more convenient and if the interior was more my style but they are nice and very fast. but i have an sti and im lovin awd

If were gona talk technicaly(sp?) or by the books then

0-60 1/4 mile
    2005 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L V8 5.1 13.5 (MT Jan 05)
    2005 Ford Mustang GT Convertible 5.2 13.8 (MT Apr 05)
    Link
    0-60 1/4 mile
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 5.1 13.8
    2005 Subaru wrx sti "quarter mile at 13.3 seconds at 100.1 mph" Page 5, second paragraph, third sentence down.

Link2

I am seeing no ownage. Yea sure this is paper raceing but until you can show a video other wise its hard evidence. And sayin you see mustangs but hardly anything done to them. Look at all the wrx's and sti's with just a bov and cai. Maby exhaust. I own a 2005 sti and mines stock.............For now. I agree that you do see tomany v6 mustangs but the new v6's are puttn down almost as much hp as the old v8's and i think its a 4.0 L.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

hmmmm...gotcha..just wondering..chill out. .but there is a 05 gt down the street..but a mom drives it..and its auto i think..ill try but i need to look more... is that the first site you clicked on off of google or what?..i have a subaru booklet right here and it says an 04 sti 0-60 time is under 5 seconds. im a go try to find a stop watch.

hmmmm...gotcha..just wondering..chill out. .but there is a 05 gt down the street..but a mom drives it..and its auto i think..ill try but i need to look more... is that the first site you clicked on off of google or what?..i have a subaru booklet right here and it says an 04 sti 0-60 time is under 5 seconds. im a go try to find a stop watch.
    No its a sight i use alot for estimates.Well altitude has alot to do with performace also. and i couldnt find the sub five time posted. I forgot where it was but i just picked that one.
    Know what your sayin next time and dont make manufacture judgements and nobody will get defensive
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

ya true. plus this dude sayed 20 mph roll..my bad..end thread..peace! will post actual time if i find a stopwatch though

ya true. plus this dude sayed 20 mph roll..my bad..end thread..peace! will post actual time if i find a stopwatch though
    . Post some times if you can
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

I Support ClubWRX
    No spec racing on this end. As I posted earlier, in my stage 2 Legacy, which puts out about the same HP as a stock STi, I pulled away from a new GT not too long ago, from around 65 mph or so start. Guy got hissy with me when I went by him in the right lane and thought he'd show me what was what. Guess he found out.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    If were gona talk technicaly(sp?) or by the books then

0-60 1/4 mile
    2005 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L V8 5.1 13.5 (MT Jan 05)
    2005 Ford Mustang GT Convertible 5.2 13.8 (MT Apr 05)
    Link
    0-60 1/4 mile
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 5.1 13.8
    2005 Subaru wrx sti "quarter mile at 13.3 seconds at 100.1 mph" Page 5, second paragraph, third sentence down.

Link2

I am seeing no ownage. Yea sure this is paper raceing but until you can show a video other wise its hard evidence. And sayin you see mustangs but hardly anything done to them. Look at all the wrx's and sti's with just a bov and cai. Maby exhaust. I own a 2005 sti and mines stock.............For now. I agree that you do see tomany v6 mustangs but the new v6's are puttn down almost as much hp as the old v8's and i think its a 4.0 L.

13.8 is pretty high. Maybe without the AWD launch. All years (USDM) of the STi are close performance wise. With a good driver 13.0-13.3 is attainable with 04-present STi's.
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    13.8 is pretty high. Maybe without the AWD launch. All years (USDM) of the STi are close performance wise. With a good driver 13.0-13.3 is attainable with 04-present STi's.
    Yea i know i couldnt find anyother sights and i was in a hurry
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

Quote Originally Posted by spankaveli
    i resent that remark

no your cool. u've bin a member for 2yrs just don't post much. but most under 100 posters are like that. some are just general knowledge seeking newbies but if your a newb in the street racing section often your most likly a troll with little car knowledge or respect for anything other then what you drive.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.