Subaru WRX Forum banner

05' Mustang GT vs. 05' STi

8K views 81 replies 25 participants last post by  Juice33 
#1 ·
Im a newb, and will soon be getting an STi within a week. I was previously looking into getting Mustang GT, but I was hoping it would have been a little faster. I was wondering from yalls perspective, how a Mustang GT would compare against an STi from a straight roll from 20mph - 140mph. Not saying at all that this will happen. I am just trying to get a rough estimate as to where the strongest powerbands come from each car. Thank you.
-John

#52 ·
If were gona talk technicaly(sp?) or by the books then

0-60 1/4 mile
2005 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L V8 5.1 13.5 (MT Jan 05)
2005 Ford Mustang GT Convertible 5.2 13.8 (MT Apr 05)
Link
0-60 1/4 mile
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 5.1 13.8
2005 Subaru wrx sti "quarter mile at 13.3 seconds at 100.1 mph" Page 5, second paragraph, third sentence down.

Link2

I am seeing no ownage. Yea sure this is paper raceing but until you can show a video other wise its hard evidence. And sayin you see mustangs but hardly anything done to them. Look at all the wrx's and sti's with just a bov and cai. Maby exhaust. I own a 2005 sti and mines stock.............For now:tongue:. I agree that you do see tomany v6 mustangs but the new v6's are puttn down almost as much hp as the old v8's and i think its a 4.0 L.

#53 ·
hmmmm...gotcha..just wondering..chill out.:rolleyes: .but there is a 05 gt down the street..but a mom drives it..and its auto i think..ill try but i need to look more... is that the first site you clicked on off of google or what?..i have a subaru booklet right here and it says an 04 sti 0-60 time is under 5 seconds. im a go try to find a stop watch.

#54 ·
eze13 said:
hmmmm...gotcha..just wondering..chill out.:rolleyes: .but there is a 05 gt down the street..but a mom drives it..and its auto i think..ill try but i need to look more... is that the first site you clicked on off of google or what?..i have a subaru booklet right here and it says an 04 sti 0-60 time is under 5 seconds. im a go try to find a stop watch.
No its a sight i use alot for estimates.Well altitude has alot to do with performace also. and i couldnt find the sub five time posted. I forgot where it was but i just picked that one.
Know what your sayin next time and dont make manufacture judgements and nobody will get defensive

#56 ·
eze13 said:
ya true. plus this dude sayed 20 mph roll..my bad..end thread..peace! will post actual time if i find a stopwatch though
:) . Post some times if you can

#57 ·
No spec racing on this end. As I posted earlier, in my stage 2 Legacy, which puts out about the same HP as a stock STi, I pulled away from a new GT not too long ago, from around 65 mph or so start. Guy got hissy with me when I went by him in the right lane and thought he'd show me what was what. Guess he found out.:eek:

#58 ·
Fox05 said:
If were gona talk technicaly(sp?) or by the books then

0-60 1/4 mile
2005 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L V8 5.1 13.5 (MT Jan 05)
2005 Ford Mustang GT Convertible 5.2 13.8 (MT Apr 05)
Link
0-60 1/4 mile
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 5.1 13.8
2005 Subaru wrx sti "quarter mile at 13.3 seconds at 100.1 mph" Page 5, second paragraph, third sentence down.

Link2

I am seeing no ownage. Yea sure this is paper raceing but until you can show a video other wise its hard evidence. And sayin you see mustangs but hardly anything done to them. Look at all the wrx's and sti's with just a bov and cai. Maby exhaust. I own a 2005 sti and mines stock.............For now:tongue:. I agree that you do see tomany v6 mustangs but the new v6's are puttn down almost as much hp as the old v8's and i think its a 4.0 L.

13.8 is pretty high. Maybe without the AWD launch. All years (USDM) of the STi are close performance wise. With a good driver 13.0-13.3 is attainable with 04-present STi's.

#59 ·
Road Warrior said:
13.8 is pretty high. Maybe without the AWD launch. All years (USDM) of the STi are close performance wise. With a good driver 13.0-13.3 is attainable with 04-present STi's.
Yea i know i couldnt find anyother sights and i was in a hurry

#60 ·
spankaveli said:
i resent that remark :eek:

no your cool. u've bin a member for 2yrs just don't post much. but most under 100 posters are like that. some are just general knowledge seeking newbies but if your a newb in the street racing section often your most likly a troll with little car knowledge or respect for anything other then what you drive.

#61 ·
eze13 said:
hmmmm...i may not have 100 posts...but MOST mustangs do SUCK..dont get me wrong..i like the svts.r.and saleen..but damn dude have you ever been to texas?..i mean i dont think anyone around here that has a mustang has even heard of the word MOD?.. a mustang is about as common as seeing a minivan these days..03 cobra's sound sick!!!!..but at the end of the day..its just a mustang...or a ford none the less...:rotfl:

Oh yeah I forgot how awesome my STi was and how owing a Subaru made me feel superioir to everyone else :rolleyes: Another under 100 poster who thinks his new car is the shizz and nothing can touch him. I guess not owning a Subie makes me, and everyone else like me, a step down in life's viscous Subie-centric world. :whoa:

#63 ·
eze13 said:
its old dude. get over it. go hit a sweet or something. i stood up for your car. just not your maker..:screwy: i guess once you take a turn in a sti..you will know what im talking about.

Yeah I have to agree with you on this one! He was ****tin on ford not your car!!!

#64 ·
eze13 said:
its old dude. get over it. go hit a sweet or something. i stood up for your car. just not your maker..:screwy: i guess once you take a turn in a sti..you will know what im talking about.
I HAD an STi, and got rid of it, for the Cobra. The Cobra handles pretty well actually. And it is a hell of a lot faster and cheaper to mod, that is why I went with it, and the built bottom end from the factory. The thing that gets old is people thinking it's a Ford it must be crap. Subarus are no better than Fords, believe me. I will leave the "go hit a sweet" comment alone.

#65 ·
your again being a complete and total dumbass.im not saying i think subaru's are better than ford ...im simply stating that i have never like ford. and never will..see i had a chevy b4 my subaru...can you please just shut the **** up now? and you should go hit a sweet because then you wouldnt be coming back here and wasting your time.:screwy:

#67 ·
eze13 said:
your again being a complete and total dumbass.im not saying i think subaru's are better than ford ...im simply stating that i have never like ford. and never will..see i had a chevy b4 my subaru...can you please just shut the **** up now? and you should go hit a sweet because then you wouldnt be coming back here and wasting your time.:screwy:
Alright i'm not going to be a fanboi but I need to tell you you're posts in this thread have been rediculous. Firstly, you are poorly misinformed about Mustangs and Ford in general. Secondly, you don't have to curse or name call to prove a point. Thirdly, no where in this post did you "simply state" that you have never liked Ford, you've only bad mouthed and insulted the brand and the cars they make.

As to answer the original question for this thread, a 2005 STi and 2005 Mustang GT match up pretty well. The 1/4 mile is close, if the STi launches they have slight edge. From a roll though the Mustang will edge the STi out. This is simple math, drivetrain loss and hp/tq numbers.

#70 ·
eze13 said:
Who was the complete dumbass making blanket statements about Ford or any other automaker? Not me. You implied Subaru is better than Ford, remember when you said at the end of the day you are still driving a ford? You are lame, dude. How is the BOV working for you? You talk about Mustang guys not knowing how to mod, yet you put a BOV on the STi your mommy and daddy bought you. :rolleyes: You do know that BOVs don't help the STi at all right? HAHA! The irony is thick in here. Also, calling weed "sweet" is lame as hell too. :baaa:

#72 ·
I don't know why all you guys are fighting, you are all a bunch of idiots for not buying an SRT-4 in the first place.

#73 ·
im in texas. my dad had a chevy. i had a chevy. my 2 other brothers had a chevy. i grew up chevy.its just my opinion but im against ford all the way...my dad still gives me **** for getting a subaru but hell i dont care. and a sweet is a blunt with weed in it. please get your information correct.and i dont have a bov on my sti because it would void the warranty.its just noise.get your info correct again.:screwy: ...now plz stfu...oh and heres my mod list:18" black esx rims with a polished lip wrapped in bfgoodrich kdw's.cobb ap 1. now plz stop playa hatin'. btw nebody need the gold bbs rims wrapped in the potenza's?

#75 ·
Wow! You are a loser! Sorry for being such a playa hata, I didnt realize you had black esx rims wrapped in bfgoodrich KDW's. What an awesome mod! I read your future mods was to get a way cool BOV, and figured you just had one on already, what a waste, I hope you may one day realize that is a waste of money and will only hurt your car until you actually need one.

You came out bashing Ford, you never said you liked bowties. You acted like every typical new ricer on the board. But I see now that you are a ricer, or at least you talk like one. Weed, blunt, it is all the same, you were reffering to as "sweet", that was the lame part. No one thinks you are cool because you smoke weed. I don't care whether anyone smokes or not, but if you wear it as a badge to show how "chill" you are, then you are just lame for it.

#76 ·
juice 33 and eze13...consider this a warning for personal attacks. juice initiated, eze13 followed up. Please read the rules and understand that this behavior is not condoned on this site. I'm sure we are all mature enough to just let dead dogs lie and agree to disagree. Thanks for your cooperation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.