Subaru WRX Forum banner

05' Mustang GT vs. 05' STi

8K views 81 replies 25 participants last post by  Juice33 
#1 ·
Im a newb, and will soon be getting an STi within a week. I was previously looking into getting Mustang GT, but I was hoping it would have been a little faster. I was wondering from yalls perspective, how a Mustang GT would compare against an STi from a straight roll from 20mph - 140mph. Not saying at all that this will happen. I am just trying to get a rough estimate as to where the strongest powerbands come from each car. Thank you.
-John

#27 ·
probably not all you've smoked...

#28 ·
SubeStang said:
I thought about that. But I want to keep my 91 Mustang. Its so hard to find a nice one nowadays that I don't want to lose it to some tool who will mess it all up. Plus I love the car.

2 toy cars is a hard thing to sell to my fiance.
Sweet I love Fox bodies. My bro has an 89 Vert and had a subie WRX wagon, kind of like you setup but he sold the wagon a few moths ago.

#29 ·
ODiz413 said:
MUSTANGS SUCK... i've smoked numerous mustangs wihtout even leaving 3rd or 4th gear... and im not even an STi, i've beaten a 98 cobra... 01 gt, adn 05gt... they SUCK
I had a feeling this post would pop up at some point. What were guys saying about the V8 boys again. lol

Hey douschebag, any time you want to come to CT you can bring that attitude to my sucky stang. As a matter of fact, I may be in Chicago next year for a Bears game. Sorry but your Rex ain't going to do anything unless it is snowing.

#30 ·
ODiz413 said:
MUSTANGS SUCK... i've smoked numerous mustangs wihtout even leaving 3rd or 4th gear... and im not even an STi, i've beaten a 98 cobra... 01 gt, adn 05gt... they SUCK
Bring that attitude to a 03 04 cobra. Hell go stock for stock. Stock new get vs stock what ever you have.Run a cobra r

#31 ·
ODiz413 said:

ever noticed all members with less than 100posts are like this?

#32 ·
2004NeonSRT4 said:
ever noticed all members with less than 100posts are like this?
Not ALL members...

#33 ·
Fox05 said:
Bring that attitude to a 03 04 cobra. Hell go stock for stock. Stock new get vs stock what ever you have.Run a cobra r
From his listed mods, looks like a BOV and exhaust and an intake... all other mods are for looks. Maybe he *thought* he smoked an 05 GT... but I don't see it...

#40 ·
MF-DIF said:
My VF34 WRX put 3 cars on 05 GT I/E/tune from a 40 roll. No driver error on the Mustang driver.
Well, I should hope so. That is essentially what I have in the garage right now, and my Stage 2 WRX is just a hair (by SOTP) slower. Upgrade the turbo and you better beat it. I bet the Stang was an auto though... they get a little boggy at higher end due to the gear differences...

Now, when I get back from Iraq and I put that Saleen SC in.... :cool:

#41 ·
SubeStang said:
I thought about that. But I want to keep my 91 Mustang. Its so hard to find a nice one nowadays that I don't want to lose it to some tool who will mess it all up. Plus I love the car.

2 toy cars is a hard thing to sell to my fiance.

i know what you mean, my Mom drove a 91 GT that only had a stereo and flowmaster catback, day i bought the suby my dad traded it and a 71 comet for some other things. first thing those guys did was put a roll cage in it and set it up for nitrious. car had over 200k on it and still drove new with good MPG.

#42 ·
token85 said:
if you want a stang get a stage 3 rousch for a price tag of 67k than go ahead. take it from me i drive gts all day at my work there fun in ran to get those 300 ponys whippen your rear around a corner. for a price around 27 to a stis 32 its up to you.
Rousch is way overpriced. So is Saleen. SVT is the only way to go for a Fast Mustang. The 07 GT500 will be the balls. The only thing I will say positive about Rousch and Saleen is that they look really nice, especially the Saleen. But they are WAY overpriced.

Where did the new troll go?:rotfl:

#43 ·
hmmmm...i may not have 100 posts...but MOST mustangs do SUCK..dont get me wrong..i like the svts.r.and saleen..but damn dude have you ever been to texas?..i mean i dont think anyone around here that has a mustang has even heard of the word MOD?.. a mustang is about as common as seeing a minivan these days..03 cobra's sound sick!!!!..but at the end of the day..its just a mustang...or a ford none the less...:rotfl:

#46 · (Edited)
Fox05 said:
In what track condition?Driver? What track type?
OMG seriously people you can go back and forth on this for days and still be at the same point you are now.

If you dont like mustangs then you dont like them. But an 05 GT isnt a snail by any means, I ran one with a good driver and I didnt beat him by a whole lot. That was with only a few little mods. Bottom line here is, all I read is a bunch of poo pouring out of the mouths of so many of you.
ODiz413 said:
Man this is a really dumb statement. I am not in anyway a fan of Mustangs but they can make alot of power. Your stock WRX will get run over by a Stock 05 GT.. Your comment is just idiotic and shows no maturity, or any real knowledge of cars. What really sucks is your grammer. You need to go back to riding a schwin!

There is no way to say what car can beat another car that is closely matched with out actually being there and running them against each other. Cold roads will favor the STI/WRX from the dig. Poor driver in the STI even with Cold road, may favor the GT more if it has a better driver. There are just to many variables involved in this thread for there to have enough veracity to state that one is better than the other. Hence the phrase "Any Given Sunday" anyone can beat anyone with the right conditions.

I think this thread has excided its worth.

#47 ·
eze13 said:
hmmmm...i may not have 100 posts...but MOST mustangs do SUCK..dont get me wrong..i like the svts.r.and saleen..but damn dude have you ever been to texas?..i mean i dont think anyone around here that has a mustang has even heard of the word MOD?.. a mustang is about as common as seeing a minivan these days..03 cobra's sound sick!!!!..but at the end of the day..its just a mustang...or a ford none the less...:rotfl:
In a sence I do have to agree. Most of the Mustangs around me are nothing more then a flowmaster muffler (not even a cat-back) and tinted windows. And I do see them everywhere. It's nice picking on the V8's from time to time but it gets old.

I think in my area there is maybe 3 Mustangs worlth talking about and all 3 can smoke me from 2nd gear on.

I would have loved to have traded in the WRX for an 03 Cobra and even had a dealer looking for me but in the end I have 2 kids and live in the Poconos (Ski resorts). I had a 86 IROC putting down 422rwhp before my 1st born and let me tell you even if the weatherman said the word "snow" my car would piss oil all over the driveway. :whoa:

High HP + RWD + Snow = :screwy:

#48 ·
it can go on for days?...ok ok...an 05 gt has how many hps.torque at stock? i dont even think 300 if its at that(correct me if im wrong)...and its rwd...05 Sti has around 300 give/take a little...awd....isnt it a given?..sti right?...i mean cmon...with a decent driver..good condition <---these are all givens):screwy: in both of them the sti will own for sure..and if not..anybody who has 05 gt in my area..hit me up..lets put it to the test!:wiggles:

#49 ·
eze13 said:
it can go on for days?...ok ok...an 05 gt has how many hps.torque at stock? i dont even think 300 if its at that(correct me if im wrong)...and its rwd...05 Sti has around 300 give/take a little...awd....isnt it a given?..sti right?...i mean cmon...with a decent driver..good condition <---these are all givens):screwy: in both of them the sti will own for sure..and if not..anybody who has 05 gt in my area..hit me up..lets put it to the test!:wiggles:

I was mainly speaking to him about his WRX. An STI would have completely different results. But if you can find someone with an 05 GT. Tape it then post it.

#50 · (Edited)
eze13 said:

First of all, I believe the original poster was talking about a 20mph roll. We all know that an STi would beat an 05 GT from a dig. An 05 GT has 300hp and a little over 300tq but it has more of these AT THE WHEELS than a stock STi. From a roll it will be pretty close.

There would be none of this "owning" by the STi as you put it... Most likely the GT would edge the STi from a roll. Stop being a fanboy and learn about the competition instead of just saying what you want to hear.

Please re-read the first post and make your posts more readable.

#51 ·
instead or argueing why dont us guys with the stis go out and look for a gt to race. ill do it right now, only one around here so it might not work but ill try. also 03-04 cobras are sick. i would definetly own one if it was more convenient and if the interior was more my style but they are nice and very fast. but i have an sti and im lovin awd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.