stage 2 wrx vs. stock 2000ish t/a ws6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage 2 wrx vs. stock 2000ish t/a ws6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Earlier this summer I raced my buddies supercharged cobra and got smoked...no surprise. Well he called me tonight and the ...

stage 2 wrx vs. stock 2000ish t/a ws6

Earlier this summer I raced my buddies supercharged cobra and got smoked...no surprise.

Well he called me tonight and the kid he always runs around with got a 2000ish t/a ws6. He wanted to know if I would race him this weekend since its supposed to warm up. I said I would just for fun if the conditions are good. I know ws6 are pretty quick stock...

So I guess what im asking is how bad of a beating am I looking at taking...again from these v8s?
    Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I guy at work has one. Don't be surprised if you win. A Cobra is one thing. A ws6 T/A is another. Launch perectly, Shift perfectly and you may be surprised. Get them both to autocross you. You could probably start the clock with you out of the car and still post a lower time

If you race from a dig in this cold weather even if its in the 40s he will get no traction at all. You will probably win, if it's from a roll you will get beat.

Does that kid have any mods? Auto or manual?

My old bone stock manual 20000 camaro SS ran 13.2@107, just for reference.

im pretty sure his car is stock, especially since he just bought it about 2 wks ago.

Ya, I know SS and WS6 can run low 13s, but fwiw my good friend with a SS ran 14.3 but that was mostly because he couldnt get any traction.

Im not expecting to win this, but it would be nice.
    Cobb Stage 2

Race from a dig.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    im pretty sure his car is stock, especially since he just bought it about 2 wks ago.

Ya, I know SS and WS6 can run low 13s, but fwiw my good friend with a SS ran 14.3 but that was mostly because he couldnt get any traction.

Im not expecting to win this, but it would be nice.
    Since it's a used car, you just never know whether it is stock or not. I've seen some used cars that were purchased and the buyer thought he bought a stock car but later found out those cars had a mild after market cam, asp pulley, p/p tb. some of those mods aren't easily detected unless you are well versed in F-Bodys.

If it is a stock, then it should be pretty good race since you have cobb stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    Race from a dig.
    yea, thats a given. I even asked him if he wants to also do a roll race, figuring that he knows his car has the advantage that way. But he declined.

We are supposed to have a guy filming the race. I'll post it up if it happens.
    Cobb Stage 2

rolls are for the bakery
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

i have raced tuns of stock ss and ws6 and beat them good if you go from a roll less then 50 it can be close, over 65 u will ket you butt smocked!
    just have fun with it!

From a dig, should be a good race, but if you land a good launch you def. have a chance of winning. From a roll, you will likely lose.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

well we ended up running tonight, from both a dig and a 30 roll.

Dig: I got a decent launch, not my best but pretty good. I got an instant two car lead and kept it till about 110 when i shut down.

30 Roll: We did a 30 roll, I started in second gear and got another instant 1 car lead. Shifted to third and gained another half car. Kept the distance atleast 1 car up to 120 when i shut down. Then he did a fly by.

He called me up as we were driving back into town and was giving me some excuses...full tank of gas, stuff in the trunk, and the 30 roll wasnt the best speed for him to go from. He was the one who said 30 roll though?

Overall, I was quite surprised. I thought it would be neck to neck from the roll, with the edge to the ws6.
    Cobb Stage 2

btw how do you host a vid? Never done it before...and my buddy took a vid with his camera phone, not sure if that matters
    Cobb Stage 2

Nice runs, I bet you're happy about the outcome.

YOu can host the vids on yousendit.com or you can put it up on www.putfile.com

_B

good runs man. I am sure you are happy about the outcome
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.