wrx vs. corolla s type

This is a discussion on wrx vs. corolla s type within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well i usually never race ne more but this was beggin for it. First time i saw this corolla S ...

wrx vs. corolla s type

Well i usually never race ne more but this was beggin for it.

First time i saw this corolla S i noticed the hoodscoop, and dash full of 120mm gauges reason for this mod i do not know, but i just looked and smiled. Then i drove past him lookin for a parking spot on campus, and he starts rev'in like crazy. This is when i really took interest, i noticed every rev he threw there was a wooshing sound. BOV?

Finally i was drivin home from work with my friend and he comes full throttle up on me. My friend gives me the vin diesel act and said "smoke em' ". Being the paul walker b**** that i am i obliged, and stepped on it. This was no contest. I left him behind pretty bad. Later we get to a light and i ask is that thing really turboe'd? he said yea. He then goes and asks me if i had all-wheel drive. wtf?

Seems like a cool guy, and i give respect to someone going that far to mod a n/a car. I just dont think he researched enuf before modding.

Cliff notes : vf30 wrx > turbocharged corolla s

On a side question, how do u think i would do against a stock 300zx. My friends think i'd get stomped, and the who owns it wants to race me.
    04 JBP WRX

PnP vf30 etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Vinhtage
    Well i usually never race ne more but this was beggin for it.

First time i saw this corolla S i noticed the hoodscoop, and dash full of 120mm gauges reason for this mod i do not know, but i just looked and smiled. Then i drove past him lookin for a parking spot on campus, and he starts rev'in like crazy. This is when i really took interest, i noticed every rev he threw there was a wooshing sound. BOV?

Finally i was drivin home from work with my friend and he comes full throttle up on me. My friend gives me the vin diesel act and said "smoke em' ". Being the paul walker b**** that i am i obliged, and stepped on it. This was no contest. I left him behind pretty bad. Later we get to a light and i ask is that thing really turboe'd? he said yea. He then goes and asks me if i had all-wheel drive. wtf?

Seems like a cool guy, and i give respect to someone going that far to mod a n/a car. I just dont think he researched enuf before modding.

Cliff notes : vf30 wrx > turbocharged corolla s

On a side question, how do u think i would do against a stock 300zx. My friends think i'd get stomped, and the who owns it wants to race me.

Well, is it a twin turbo 300ZX or just the N/A version? A stock WRX will walk all over a N/A 300ZX, they are nothing special. A TT one is a different story though. 300HP but they aren't all that fast in a drag race. Those cars are not made for going from a stop, they have problems putting their HP to the ground with the stock suspension. I believe they only run around 14.0 sec in the 1/4mi. From a roll in a street race it would be close but I would give the edge to the Z. From a roll the Z's HP is too much for the WRX...
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Registered User CyberneticEmcee's Avatar

Lame

Everyone thinks they are fast when they get a turbo. They make turbo's for civics that take them from 127 to like 170'ish. And the kits cost like over a grand. People come in here asking all the time for 'em. Good win though.
    Catch me in Chicago playin Biggie. The greatest emcee ever

the original poster said he has a pnp vf30 etc... so i would htink he would take a stock 300zxtt...
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

i was thinin i had the edge on the 300zxtt too.

As for the corolla, he shoulda picked another platform before puttin a turbo on there.
    04 JBP WRX

PnP vf30 etc.

As for the corolla, he shoulda picked another platform before puttin a turbo on there.
    u miss alot of letters... dont really care, just outta it and pointing out. only way to know what you can beat is to race it.

Nice run against the carolla.

As long as the 300ZX TT is stock you shouldnt have much of a problem. I raced a pretty much stock one (He had aftermarket mufflers, and as far as I know that was it) and took him pretty bad, and it was from a 40 mph roll. It was with a VF34 on the Cobb 2.5 maps too. If I remember correctly according to what I've seen in the mags they run in the high 13's to low 14's around 98-100mph stock. If he starts modding look out though, those things take to mods like crazy and will easily put out 400+whp on the stock turbos if you know what to do.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

sorry about my typing. I type fast but as u can see, not very accurate.
    04 JBP WRX

PnP vf30 etc.

You do. TT Z's are sweet but they are heavy. If you are making anywhere near 300 at the crank you should be fine unless the entire Stillen engine mod catalog is lurking under the hood.