04 STi vs 04-05 Jaguar X-Type 3.0

This is a discussion on 04 STi vs 04-05 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Who do you think would win? Cause this guy at my job has a Jaguar X-Type 3.0 and this other ...

04 STi vs 04-05 Jaguar X-Type 3.0

Who do you think would win? Cause this guy at my job has a Jaguar X-Type 3.0 and this other kid today asked me about my car, so i started telling him about 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times when the other guy jumps in and says "Yeah but my car will still smoke your ass" I told him no way all you would see was the back of my car. He says lets race em for pink slips then. Im like bro go home and look up my car on the computer then let me know what you have to say. He even said stuff like oh look up your car yeah right id win your car and give it to my kid, theres no way you would beat me. Hes all like its auto but i got the slap stick shifter. I even just looked up the 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times for his car and its said 0-60 seven seconds 0-75 twelve seconds 1/4 mile 15.5 seconds. So think i should race this guy at my job, not for pink slips hel no but just to show him. I think id eat his car up.............

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ronbang
    Who do you think would win? Cause this guy at my job has a Jaguar X-Type 3.0 and this other kid today asked me about my car, so i started telling him about 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times when the other guy jumps in and says "Yeah but my car will still smoke your ass" I told him no way all you would see was the back of my car. He says lets race em for pink slips then. Im like bro go home and look up my car on the computer then let me know what you have to say. He even said stuff like oh look up your car yeah right id win your car and give it to my kid, theres no way you would beat me. Hes all like its auto but i got the slap stick shifter. I even just looked up the 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times for his car and its said 0-60 seven seconds 0-75 twelve seconds 1/4 mile 15.5 seconds. So think i should race this guy at my job, not for pink slips hel no but just to show him. I think id eat his car up.............
    are you kidding. take advatage of this persons lack of automobile knowledge and make his car yours. youd be a fool to not take him up on that. At least race him for money so you get something out of it.

oh yeah, and have Hector hold the cash, bc hes too slow to make away with it.
    Last edited by Redline927; 12-19-2005 at 04:28 PM.

an STi would murder that thing. The Jag X-type weighs in at 3,600lbs, about 300lbs more than the STi. The Jag also has 231hp . It might be really close
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

ROFL. What a dumbass. When you see an advantage, take it.

is this jag modded in anyway?

Go ahead and hook up a 100 shot of nitrous just for the day. Selling jag will pay for all damage that may happen to the Sti... Just a thought.

Never race for pinks, you never know what might happen. You could murder the launch, throw a rod, anything. However, I would race him for a few grand in cash (have someone else hold the $$).
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

nah

Nah the Jag is stock...so am i, well my cleared headlights add like 5 HP and my red bulb condoms add another like 2HP...so yeah im stock to

isnt there a x type r where it has a supercharged verson of the 3.0 . its supposed to have 330hp and 330lb-ft and a 0-60 in like 5 seconds
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN91709
    isnt there a x type r where it has a supercharged verson of the 3.0 . its supposed to have 330hp and 330lb-ft and a 0-60 in like 5 seconds
    Nope, they make an S-type R and also an XJR/XKR. All models use a supercharged 4.2ltr V8 making about 400HP. The X-type is pretty much the base model and are pretty slow but they do come with AWD.

...This guy is an obvious idiot. Post pictures of your new Jag when you get it...
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

The Type-Rs are no joke, one walked me really hard and I don't think he was even trying. Woah.

The X-type is just a Taurus with a kitty on the front, isn't it? As in platform sharing of some sort?
    ribonucleic acid freakout

If it is an X-Type 3.0 you'll murder him.
    2005 Aspen White STi