me vs. cobalt SS

This is a discussion on me vs. cobalt SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wrx: 1 - Cobalt: 0 was at a stoplight and had a car pull next to me, didnt even pay ...

me vs. cobalt SS

wrx: 1 - Cobalt: 0

was at a stoplight and had a car pull next to me, didnt even pay attention to what it was until the light turn green and he rolled out and i saw the spoiler. "oh, a cobalt ss. neat." we're accelerating normally and i get closer to him and then i see him chirp his tires and take off. im like....oook. didnt know a race was on. so i didnt even bother trying to catch him, let him slow down, got up next to him and was at about 40mph or so in third (i have ra gears so i was well within insta-spool range) and i punched it once to let him know i was gonna go (since he didnt give me any kinda of warning) and then punched it again and we both went (think i got a slight jump on him) and from 40 or so to about 100 his front bumper was pretty much around my back bumper.

i was pleasantly happy. ive seen those things put down 230+ whp w/ just an intake or exhaust, and last dyno i went to i put down about 220whp w/ a basic stage 2 tune, fully catless, w/ ra gears. not sure if he was modded or not, i couldnt really hear him over my exhaust, plus my windows were up. but im glad the wrx held its own. thats now the 2nd real race ive had in my car in the year and half ive had it, and so far i stand 2-0

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill. I'm worried to race one of them buggers
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

i was too. knowing what those things are capable of, but i figured what the hell. im not one to go out looking for trouble (hence why ive only had 2 races in my car) but since he started it, i figured id try and finish it i knew i wouldnt blow him away, but i was surprised at how well i held him off. i bet he went home and ordered an intake tonight

as you saw on the clubgp thread paul, these little cars are starting to show potential. not as much as the gtp's turned out to have, but they're quick. i raced a saturn ion redline (thats the name right?) and while i utterly destroyed him, he was still pretty quick for being what it was, surprised me. and as always, a wins a win

definently. i assume this one was stock, since they usually dyno about 215whp bone stock, and im about 220whp, and it was a pretty even race aside from me getting a slight jump at the start.

dont forget what the one dynoed tho u know which one i'm referring to

I didn't know these would perform so well against a stage 2, I am surprised. Nice to have another fun car out there to play with.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

this sounds weird because there is a video where a stock ss versus a wrx with just turboback and mbc and the wrx just murders it from a roll and dig.
    2003 sonic yellow wrx mods: K&N drop in filter, koji mod, muffler
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=20&highlight=

I raced a stock Ion redline when I was stage 1 and pulled a car from a roll on him.

My stage 2 pulled 2 cars from a roll on a Some what stock SRT-4.

How can you tell the difference between the S/C'd SSs and the non-S/C'd SSs? (man that looks weird) I don't worry about either but, that may be why some of these WRX vs CSS races have so many different results.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

yeah, not sure how to tell the difference, but just cuz its an SS doesnt automatically make it s/c. we're talkin average of 215whp right out of the box for these things. considering your average stage 2 puts down anywhere from 220-230whp (my case being 220 since im just running a basic stage 2 ecutek map. ive never really been custom tuned) i dont see it as that out of the realm of possibility that it could hang so well, especially from a roll like i went, a 40+ roll at that. who knows, maybe he had an intake. that definently wouldve helped him hang better

intake would do wonders for that car. he could have had exhaust too, ya never know. intake would open that car up a lot tho