02 mustang gt vs. 04 wrx stg 2?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 mustang gt vs. 04 wrx stg 2? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A friend of mine just got an 02 mustang GT 5 spd. I wanted to race him the 1st day ...

02 mustang gt vs. 04 wrx stg 2?

A friend of mine just got an 02 mustang GT 5 spd. I wanted to race him the 1st day that he got the car but he wanted to wait until he had an X- pipe, and exhaust on. all of it should be put on by the end of the day. the x-pipe removes his cats and he says that his car should run 13.8 1/4 mile stock. I running AP stage 2 Invidia up/dp, N1 exhaust. what can I expect when I race him from a dig or a roll, from a roll I know that he probably has me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First off, a bone stock last gen Mustang GT won't do the 1/4 in 13.8 UNLESS they're using slicks. Otherwise they typically run 14.0-14.4 @ 96-98mph depending on driver. With his X-pipe and exhaust mods, he should be running high 13's at best.

With your mods you should be solidly in the mid 13's IF you're a good driver.

From a dig, he's owned. Just tach up to 4,000rpms and go. From a 30mph roll, you MAY stay by his door for a bit, but eventually he will pull away!

Be careful if you race on the street...
    Last edited by Chiketkd; 12-18-2005 at 01:52 PM.

Exclamation

hmm.. ok lets see.. I have an 04 GT.. I ran 13.9 bone stock.. I added O/R h pipe with SLP loudmouth full catback exhaust with BFG drag radials and a Cold air intake and ran 13.3.. hmm Idk.. from a dead stop its gonna be hard cause V8's always have the hard pull from the start.. Id say go for the roll, see wat happens. Its all about the driver, anythings possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVz
    hmm.. ok lets see.. I have an 04 GT.. I ran 13.9 bone stock.. I added O/R h pipe with SLP loudmouth full catback exhaust with BFG drag radials and a Cold air intake and ran 13.3.. hmm Idk.. from a dead stop its gonna be hard cause V8's always have the hard pull from the start.. Id say go for the roll, see wat happens. Its all about the driver, anythings possible.
    v8s ( atleast not a stock gt) dont pull as hard as an AWD from a dig.. trust me, from a dig wrx owns, from a roll itll be close with the ladder going to the mustang because of more overalll power.. but i have pulled on stock 04 gts from a roll b4.. but thats just me..i am just a spectacular driver with a spectacular "aging like wine" wrx... so i dono
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

Most last gen Mustang owners don't run 13 anything on a stock car w/ street tires. Even the Bullit mustang that had 5 extra hp didn't get sub 14 second results in the major car mags (I think on Mustangs & Fast Fords got a 13 sec pass).

Also, when you ran 13.3 you used slicks. The guy lives in MD, and all tracks are closed for the winter. This race will therefore not take place at the strip, so slicks are out and street tires are in...

From a roll, things will still be interesting as he's Stage 2 with up/dp. Turbo lag will be greatly reduced, and depending on how much boost he's running, he may just give that mustang a good run for its money!

So i used slicks =D big deal .. anyways goodluck kido and have fun thats most important part! BE SAFE!

i think u got him, as long as u can drive your car!!!

So i used slicks =D big deal .. anyways goodluck kido and have fun thats most important part! BE SAFE!
    There's nothing wrong with using slicks, but as this race will happen on the street, quoting a time you ran with simple upgrades & slicks is irrelevant.

I owned a silver '00 SVT Lightning for 1.5 years so I have nothing against Fords or Mustangs for that matter. My truck was stock except for a K&N panel filter, and my best was 13.64 @ 101.5mph with a 2.0 60ft on street tires. If I borrowed my friends slicks, I could run 13.1-13.2 all day.

well I just raced him tonite 2 times from a dig won both times, beat him pretty bad at least 3 cars by 100-110. He wanted to try from a 40 roll beat him that time also. I started in
    2nd so did he honked 3 times and went by 125 he was too far behind, I think he gave up he wouldn't answer his cell when I tried to call him. must be a sore loser

Good job

Ahhhhahhahahaha
    Man is this Thanksgiving, cause some turkey just got SMOKED!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Good job I owned a 04 GT from a roll a few times that had xpipe catback and intake.

Pulled 2-2.5 cars everytime from 40-100mph. I was even pulling on him in 4th.

Good job
    Agreed. That was an excellent kill!

99+ GTs can definitely dip into the 13's without DRs or slicks. My 99 GT ran 13.8x @99.x mph when it was bone stock, on factory Good Years. I've seen others dip into the high-13's as well.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    Good job I owned a 04 GT from a roll a few times that had xpipe catback and intake.

Pulled 2-2.5 cars everytime from 40-100mph. I was even pulling on him in 4th.

There are lots of Mustangs,Firebirds and Camaro's around here.

My wagon does not fear them. They hate me

Most of the owners are shall I say, uninformed. I had a guy ask me what COBB meant in the grocery store parking lot. After a bit if talking he started to chuckle. He told me a tale of an aquaintance of his. Something to do with a Fox body Mustang being frustrated by a yellow wagon with the word COBB on the sides. He was driving a WS6 Firebird that sounded fantastic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast