Integra or stg 4Wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Integra or stg 4Wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was out surfing and came across this vid. I have run against turbo charged Preludes and a few ...

Integra or stg 4Wrx

So I was out surfing and came across this vid. I have run against turbo charged Preludes and a few Si's. I would never think that someone using a "stage 4" WRX would run that slow. I think the vid is sketch cause although it is a WRX I couldn't hear the turbo spooling for Sh** for being a "really Big turbo" nor did the guy sound like he was shifting at any of the good shifting points. So I leave it up to you Clubwrx, do you smell something fishy going on in this vid, or can we really get spanked that bad after spending all that money.
    Honda website:
    http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1454441&page=1
    or just the race
    http://media.automotivelifestyle.com/alracebg.mpg - large file
    http://media.automotivelifestyle.com/alracesm.mpg- small file
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ya.. there's no way he coulda lost that bad with a stage 4.. seems like the guy didnt know how to drive his car too.
    no way its a stage 4.. his launches would be way better, unless he cant launch.
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

Yeah there is something wrong about everything on those runs. But try and tell that to the Honda people.
    Last edited by rx4mj; 12-18-2005 at 03:58 AM.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

hahaha... there is now way that is a stage 4.... that thing was slow as sh!t.

Integras are cute, but noisey; this may have coved up the turbo noise. Or the wrx must have cut the ak some slack probally felt sorry for the integra b/c its going to need new front tires soon.

The guy in the WRX is actually a friend of mine and yes he's stg4. He had smoked that Integra a couple weeks before but had gotten some work done to his Rex and wanted to test it out. He made the comment to me that after having the work done things didn't seem right. Well, as it turns out his car was running very poorly as you can see. A trip to Andrewtech revealed he had a very significant vacuum leak and a couple of other issues that I can't remember. I've ridden in his car and I can tell you, it's faster than my stg2 STi. The hon-DUH guy was just lucky that night.
    05 Protuned CGM STi

I knew something was wrong I know integras can hold their own especialy with a good turbo set up. The race should have been closer. Hope that everything works out for that guys new setup and has a rematch
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Even if the stage 4 was running good it would still be pretty close. Dont put it past integras, that B18C that is in that car(GSR) can run 350-375 on stock internals and all you need to put down 500 in new pistons and rods. My best friend has a GSR that he is currently boosting, he is getting it bored to 85mm and sleeved, and one he does that and he puts his turbo on he will be able to run up to something like 40psi of boost. I am a die hard Subaru guy but you have to give credit where credit is do, I know there is alot of Honda bashing b/c of all the riced out civics but you can crank quite a bit out of those engines. But, FWD > absolutely nothing.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

There is a guy here in town who has a Integra that put down 468fwhp. It's a monster, he can;t get traction at any speed below 60mph. He ran 11.1 at 130mph.

Here is a vid of him racing a catless Evo with a tune at 21psi.

http://www.fccustoms.com/Extras/2stepin.wmv

Quote Originally Posted by rex=my_life
    Even if the stage 4 was running good it would still be pretty close. Dont put it past integras, that B18C that is in that car(GSR) can run 350-375 on stock internals and all you need to put down 500 in new pistons and rods. My best friend has a GSR that he is currently boosting, he is getting it bored to 85mm and sleeved, and one he does that and he puts his turbo on he will be able to run up to something like 40psi of boost. I am a die hard Subaru guy but you have to give credit where credit is do, I know there is alot of Honda bashing b/c of all the riced out civics but you can crank quite a bit out of those engines. But, FWD > absolutely nothing.
    I did give credit, I know Honda's and Acura's have a lot to offer just like the SRT can also, the only bashing I do is on those riced out Honda's or any other riced out car. But honestly a stage 4 set up on a Suburu with an Integra W/o those rods and pistons is what we are talking about not all the other cars out there. Didn't want to come off that way because I give props to anyone that puts time, money, and blood, into their cars. That is not the Aloha way.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rx4mj
    I did give credit, I know Honda's and Acura's have a lot to offer just like the SRT can also, the only bashing I do is on those riced out Honda's or any other riced out car. But honestly a stage 4 set up on a Suburu with an Integra W/o those rods and pistons is what we are talking about not all the other cars out there. Didn't want to come off that way because I give props to anyone that puts time, money, and blood, into their cars. That is not the Aloha way.
    Depending on which turbo the Integra is running, he will have about the same torque and probably a little higher horsepower. That seems about right that the WRX was not running right and got walked that bad, but if it was running good it would be a damn good race from a slow roll(10-40) or from a stop with the WRX holding it off untill 100+ but I think even if the WRX didnt have the vacuum leak and was running good, the Teggy would still get him from a 60+ roll.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Those people on honda-tech think stage 4 wrx put down 400whp lol. I'm curious if the wrx got retuned yet.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    There is a guy here in town who has a Integra that put down 468fwhp. It's a monster, he can;t get traction at any speed below 60mph. He ran 11.1 at 130mph.

Here is a vid of him racing a catless Evo with a tune at 21psi.

http://www.fccustoms.com/Extras/2stepin.wmv
    Integra is a beast! I used to be on honda tech a lot, def got some fast cars. Now im on here and nasioc!
    -05' Crystal Grey Metallic WRX
    -Omori boost/egt gauges
    -ERZ up/down
    -Magnaflow Catback
    -Cobb stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by rex=my_life
    I was on the honda forums alot when I had my integra and I'm pretty sure that the best an integra (B18C) could do reliably was about 7 - 10 psi. That usually net the car around 250 - 275 whp. With an upgraded bottom end the engine could go near 400 whp, but then it would have to be sleeved if you wanted it to last at all. From what I've seen, the sleeves will max out at 40 psi, and those are darton sleeves, so I doubt he would run anywhere near 40 psi, especially if he's still running a 10.0:1 c/r. Not to mention his half shafts would snap in two. I actually bought alot of the parts needed to upgrade my integra's engine before I said screw it and went with the wrx, so I don't think I'm that far off on what I've said, although I could be, its been a while since I've been back to a honda forum. The integra is an awesome car to turbocharge, their biggest problem is that they are shot in the reliability department. I'd take the slightly slower more reliable car over the pocket rocket time bomb
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.