do all v8 think wrx/sti are slow?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on do all v8 think wrx/sti are slow? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i was on my way home from work the past like 3 days, normal right? ok this is then ...

do all v8 think wrx/sti are slow?

so i was on my way home from work the past like 3 days, normal right? ok this is then it gets kinda funny, at every stop light some mustang gt or camaro ss would try to race me first of all anyone that knows about cars does know that the wrx is AWD and can get to 60 very fast, i get fed up with it so i was next to what looks to be a 03 gt and a light, so it turned greed and we went..... or i should say that he tried to go, i kicked his butt!!! so the really funny part is at the next light he wouldent nvan put his car next to me what a bit** lol

so everyone please tell me about some of your v8 kills!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have walked many V8's, but you need to know which ones are capable of what.

for instance 94-98 mustang GT = easy kill for most wrx's
    99-04 mustang GT = pretty good run, but if you have any mods like stageII you are going to walk him
    LT1 = usually an easy kill

Basically the only V8's you need to be consistantly weary of are LS1's and the 4.6blown cobra. It is all relative though because of how well they take to mods.

As for V8 owners thinking wrx/evo/sti are slow.. I guess it depends who you meet. I know V8 guys who utterly stupid and think that STi's are slow as balls because "it is still a 4 cylinder" while he drives around a 210whp mustang
    Some people are just ignorant, or are in denial of the truth. In the same sense though, some of the guys that I know that give the STi/Evo the biggest props and respect drive 12sec LS1's and vettes, cobra's, etc.. I suppose it is all about the mentality of the person, some just dont understand that in today's day and age, technology does a pretty damn good job of making for lack of displacement.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

This is why V8 guys generally don't like 4 cylinder guys. Ignorance on both sides of the equation. Don't get cocky because a guy spun and couldn't gain traction. V8s can be fast, and so can 4 cylinders, and 6 cyl. cars too. There are too many dousche bags driving too many different cars. Including D-Bags driving Subies and Mustang drivers as well. Too many idiots think they're faster than anything.
    I had a kid tell me he could beat my Cobra with his Lancer (no, not the evo). He told me the key to winning races is- I swear I am not lying (and this kid was probably 22 years old)- "To double clutch and not granny shift when racing." He also had two shots of Nitrous (ok, he said Nos) and that he had over $30k into his car to make it faster than an evo. He had some turbo chip, but didn't tell me about a turbo.
    I asked where he got his work done and he said a friend hooked him up but that one of the local shops did all of his body work. When I was leaving, I saw his car. It was a regular old lancer with a backwards mini-scoop on the hood. I didn't bother investigating any more.
    I still can't believe how serious this kid thought his BS was. He told me he had only lost 2 races, a maxima and some honda, yet he thought he could be my Cobra.

WHAT A DOUSCHE BAG!
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Basically the only V8's you need to be consistantly weary of are LS1/LS2/LS6/LS7 and the 4.6blown cobra. It is all relative though because of how well they take to mods.
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    This is why V8 guys generally don't like 4 cylinder guys. Ignorance on both sides of the equation. Don't get cocky because a guy spun and couldn't gain traction. V8s can be fast, and so can 4 cylinders, and 6 cyl. cars too. There are too many dousche bags driving too many different cars. Including D-Bags driving Subies and Mustang drivers as well. Too many idiots think they're faster than anything.
    +1

Ignorance has no boundries.

my chevette will smoke any awd japanese car, and of course runs 9s all day, and i've beat countless cobras, WS6s, FD3Ss, any MKIII supra, and of course i never lost to a ZR1. The other day i beat an F355. My mods are Napa gold filter, and tornado air on the stock block 1.6 4 bang. The 4 speed was modified with a shorter 1st and 2nd, and it has the Rally 1.6 package, so i can jump it about 5 feet and just fly over any STis. It's also got a 75 shot of Nossssssss maaaan. wanna run?
    New England F4
    If you're not shifting, you're just riding.

I totalled my WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    What I'm noticing since '04 when sti's came out is that WRX's get no respect from anyone, especially some of the bigboys. A lot of the V8 guys respect STI's though.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I'm a V-8 guy who is buying one
    04 Silver STi M6

I love cobras. Mainly f.i. cobras but any will do. And quite possiable the cobra r
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

yah i feel you on that sti thig, when people find out that i just have a "WRX" they think that it is slow....lol but to bad it really is not 300whp on AWD really is not that bad, but hey it is just a "WRX" right....
    later guys!

I have an sti and never been in a wrx so i generaly thought thay would be slow. I was WRONG. Those are hella lot faster than i thought
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

sometimes ignorant people see my car and laugh. all they see is a hoodscoop and a big wing, not knowing our cars are alot different from civics and integras equipped with hoodscoops and big wings.

people see our cars as the same rice that we laugh at. little do they know that the hoodscoop actually serves a PURPOSE. i do find it hilarious that mustang owners use the word "rice" the most when it comes to imports, yet the later model base stangs come equipped with factory functionless hoodscoop and brake ducts. lol
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

True those people piss me off that call something rice when its factory and functional. the people with mustang gts usaly have the same attitude that there all young punks in daddys car. I know some guys with gts that are cool and some arent the typical but its enough of them to piss me off. But i know its not just me that gets everybody with anything trying to race on the weekendswhen your just rideing threw town.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

Quote Originally Posted by silvewrx
    my chevette will smoke any awd japanese car,
    Dont be so sure. While your car is stupid fast with running 9's, there are many awd japanese cars that will best a 9sec 1/4mile. Namely skylines but there are certainly others.

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    Fixed it for you.
    lol, thanks. Yeah, I figured that by saying LS1 that also implied all of the LS-series motors, but I should have been more specific.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

There are morons behind the wheel of any given type of car... When I had my 2002 WRX for 3 years, it did it's fair share of convincing all my V8 F-body friends that it wasn't a pushover. I still have a whole lotta love for Subaru.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.