do all v8 think wrx/sti are slow? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on do all v8 think wrx/sti are slow? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by AngelBoy no amount of gearing, uppipes, downpipes, or 2.5L shortblocks will replace the low end grunt of ...

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    no amount of gearing, uppipes, downpipes, or 2.5L shortblocks will replace the low end grunt of a V8.

it goes on and on, every car will have advantages and disadvantages. as car enthusiasts we must not limit ourselves.
    +500,000
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that's two people in a row that's agreed with what i have to say. i don't even know how to process that.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Peachypumpkincheeks

that's two people in a row that's agreed with what i have to say. i don't even know how to process that.
    It was a fluke. Just don't get used to it.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

i dunno man...i think if you consider yourself a car enthusiast you can't limit yourself to what cars you like.

no amount of gearing, uppipes, downpipes, or 2.5L shortblocks will replace the low end grunt of a V8.

But then, I kinda have to think this way...

edit: now three people...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    whatever it is how i feel i mean yes they are fast as fu*& but why a neon....... i have gone against so many like mopar stage 2 it is not ivan funny, from a god and 75mph and i kill them every time.... not saying that some srt4's are slow because i have seen them run 11's with no problem, plus this is a wrx forum so why would there be an aruuements?
    just how i feel!
    well alot of guys on here from early days went in search of mainly straightline fast cars and there a good amount with them and thier always happy to give you isht right back, and so often we get a guy thats cool enough not to get banned with one.

Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    so i went to the subaru dealer today and i got into the 06 and went for a drive, wow all i can say is slow i never thought that my stock wrx was that slow has anyone driven an 06 yet?

Same here... I have an 05 standard WRX (sadly a 1 year body model now) and took a little test drive of the first 06 STI that popped on the dealer floor. niiiice... however i must hold out (for the cost especially) for what I am sure is to come in the next year or 2 (especially after seeing the new EVO concept) ... the NEXT STI.....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by willymopit
    Same here... I have an 05 standard WRX (sadly a 1 year body model now)
    Last I checked, the '04 and '05's were the same body style... (so you have a 2 year body model...which sounds kinda weird..)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Last I checked, the '04 and '05's were the same body style... (so you have a 2 year body model...which sounds kinda weird..)

Hmm, ya I think you're right, sure didn't see many in 03 though. I bought mine not long after they showed up on the dealer floor near me in 04 boasting some little things like a little better looking body (never was personally a fan of the bugeyes) auto climate control with filtered air, premium 6cd changer and a few other little things... sadly with the 06s, most of these features are gone on everything less than the Limited edition. Guess it's all a matter of use tho...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by willymopit
    (never was personally a fan of the bugeyes)
    Bugeyes rule.

Just had to say it...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Bugeyes rule.

Just had to say it...

... on a WRC car with complete rally light set and subaru graphics up the wazooo. had to find some of the subaru heritage in the new ones though, that's for sure.... not that it's a totally bad thing.

Ok, since I've dragged this thread wayyyy off course, I'll leave now

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456