do all v8 think wrx/sti are slow? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 85

This is a discussion on do all v8 think wrx/sti are slow? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Gloveperson Speed is all relative. ok on what for a 2.5l over a 2.0 and a car ...

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    Speed is all relative.
    ok on what for a 2.5l over a 2.0 and a car that is 350lbs more it is slow a stock 04 05 will run a 05, from what i think and i drove each

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    ok on what for a 2.5l over a 2.0 and a car that is 350lbs more it is slow a stock 04 05 will run a 05, from what i think and i drove each
    oh i dont doubt that

    I was just saying that what feels fast will feel slow to others. I would imagine a guy driving an Enzo would feel an 06 WRX would feel deathly slow
    04 Silver STi M6

  4. #63
    Registered User Herknav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    oh i dont doubt that

    I was just saying that what feels fast will feel slow to others. I would imagine a guy driving an Enzo would feel an 06 WRX would feel deathly slow
    Oh yeah....

    When I first bought my 96 GT (first ever new car) I thought it was fast as a thief... 3 years later I traded it in on a 99 Cobra, which I thought was gonna strip the hair off my head... but neither one was exceptionaly fast. They had good low end torque, which contributed to the feel of speed... but they weren't super fast. They felt that way, when I first drove them, but that feeling slowly faded...

    Now, with my WRX I felt the speed, but since I traded the Cobra in for it, it didn't feel fast... but since I put the UP/DP/Cobb in/on, it feels soo much faster...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

  5. #64
    Registered User MagikMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    229
    just so you know, I'm a v8 guy, and I definitely don't look down on wrx's... I think they are amazing for what they are. I don't expect them to keep up with me... I look down on mustangs more than wrx's :-P I used to be the driver of an 02 gt
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

    2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

  6. #65

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    just so you know, I'm a v8 guy, and I definitely don't look down on wrx's... I think they are amazing for what they are. I don't expect them to keep up with me... I look down on mustangs more than wrx's :-P I used to be the driver of an 02 gt
    +1 MagikMan definitely sparked my interest in the WRX.

    Even though later he was trying to push me towards an SRT-4. Thank god I was already in love with the WRX!!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  7. #66
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,044
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    +1 MagikMan definitely sparked my interest in the WRX.

    Even though later he was trying to push me towards an SRT-4. Thank god I was already in love with the WRX!!!
    You should have gotten the SRT!! It's teh fastarrr!!!



    I'll go away now...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  8. #67
    Registered User scotts05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Beavercreek, OH
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    +1 MagikMan definitely sparked my interest in the WRX.

    Even though later he was trying to push me towards an SRT-4. Thank god I was already in love with the WRX!!!
    don't worry you got both cars. srt-4 in front and wrx in the back.

    i will go away too
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

  9. #68

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    don't worry you got both cars. srt-4 in front and wrx in the back.
    Did you just call my car a neon?!?! Them is fightin' words!!!!!





    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  10. #69
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,044
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    don't worry you got both cars. srt-4 in front and wrx in the back.
    Wow, that was original.




    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  11. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    359
    srt's are slow..... why u you want a neon?

  12. #71
    Registered User turbo_bxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    hamilton,oh
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    srt's are slow..... why u you want a neon?
    begging for one of those stoopid internet arguements

  13. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    begging for one of those stoopid internet arguements
    whatever it is how i feel i mean yes they are fast as fu*& but why a neon....... i have gone against so many like mopar stage 2 it is not ivan funny, from a god and 75mph and i kill them every time.... not saying that some srt4's are slow because i have seen them run 11's with no problem, plus this is a wrx forum so why would there be an aruuements?
    just how i feel!

  14. #73
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,044
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    plus this is a wrx forum so why would there be an aruuements?
    just how i feel!
    You've obviously spent very little time here.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  15. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    whatever it is how i feel i mean yes they are fast as fu*& but why a neon....... i have gone against so many like mopar stage 2 it is not ivan funny, from a god and 75mph and i kill them every time.... not saying that some srt4's are slow because i have seen them run 11's with no problem, plus this is a wrx forum so why would there be an aruuements?
    just how i feel!
    i dunno man...i think if you consider yourself a car enthusiast you can't limit yourself to what cars you like.

    no amount of gearing, uppipes, downpipes, or 2.5L shortblocks will replace the low end grunt of a V8.

    AWD OwNz (except for drivetrain loses and an extra 100lbs to lug around, and you can forget about power oversteer).

    SRT-4 might be FWD, but it has an unbelievably durable drivetrain compared to umm, yeah, our 5 speed.

    it goes on and on, every car will have advantages and disadvantages. as car enthusiasts we must not limit ourselves.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

  16. #75
    Registered User Fox05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Valdosta G.a.
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    no amount of gearing, uppipes, downpipes, or 2.5L shortblocks will replace the low end grunt of a V8.
    +100
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •