do all v8 think wrx/sti are slow? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on do all v8 think wrx/sti are slow? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced my buddy at Stage 1 in his lightly modded LS1 Trans Am( CAI, flowmaster)--and he was impressed. From ...

I raced my buddy at Stage 1 in his lightly modded LS1 Trans Am( CAI, flowmaster)--and he was impressed. From a dead stop, 3k launch (he launched too) I had about 2 cars on him, he quickly narrowed the gap and passed me at about 70mph, but his jaw dropped---he had no idea my car would stand that much of a chance. He really thought he was just gonna blow my doors off. Which seems to be the standard with a lot of LS1 guys--he was big into LS1.com for years.

Recently, I took him for a spirited run in my Stage 2, and as hard headed as he is about his car, admits that he is scared to race me again.

It seems that imports fear the wrx, but the V8s think its a pushover.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I really agree with a lot of this thread and just because I drive an STi doesnt mean I dont respect the muscle cars. Its kind of funny how everyone is talkin about mustangs. I got 4 really close freinds that I hang with alllll the time. My best freind Joe, his dad is a big man with Ford and he has a 04 Mach 1, my other budy has a GT with a Kenny Bell on it, and last but not least my other buddy Alex has a 04 Saleen 281 with a Lightning motor in it, and its blown with serious mods. His car is no ****in joke putting over 600hp to the rear wheels is insane fast. Now......when all is said and done, not one of them ever knock on my 06 STi, they all think the design and mechanical engineering of the car is amazing. Then on the flip side I think all of their stangs are awesome. See I bought the car because I wanted something fast and I wanted an import. I am not race car driver and sh*t I wont even race anyone yet just for the simple fact, I cant drive the car to its potential to win a race.I am not scared to say I dont know how to launch. With time I know the driving skills and well and as the car knowledge will come, untill then I dont prey on anyone........

Nick

I got mad respect for the cars. Expicaly the new gts with a kenne bell. Talk about bye bye subie. And all cobras expicaly the 03 cobras. I have alota respect for big blocks to. Its just the one or two ****heads that ruin it and give them bad reps.Alota people dont like sti's or wrx's beacouse they get that one run in with a punk kid and there it goes
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    I got mad respect for the cars. Expicaly the new gts with a kenne bell. Talk about bye bye subie. And all cobras expicaly the 03 cobras. I have alota respect for big blocks to. Its just the one or two ****heads that ruin it and give them bad reps.Alota people dont like sti's or wrx's beacouse they get that one run in with a punk kid and there it goes
    like how you said that it makes a lot of sence, and yes the new gt's arer really fast! ok and one more thing what is it with people that drive the chevy cobalts ss and think they can fun a sti lol what a joke!

Most "True" performance enthusiasts know EXACTLY where their car stands in the food chain. True enthusiats can appreciate power and performance in any form. 4-6-8-10-12 Turbo, Supercharger, NA, Nitrous, FWD, RWD, AWD. Like many people have already stated, it's the ingnorant, insecure individuals that can't or won't think outside the box. Does having a V8 automatically make you fast..No. Does having a 4 banger automatically make you slow...No.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj
    Most "True" performance enthusiasts know EXACTLY where their car stands in the food chain. True enthusiats can appreciate power and performance in any form. 4-6-8-10-12 Turbo, Supercharger, NA, Nitrous, FWD, RWD, AWD. Like many people have already stated, it's the ingnorant, insecure individuals that can't or won't think outside the box. Does having a V8 automatically make you fast..No. Does having a 4 banger automatically make you slow...No.
    ^^Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj
    this is where i am, i know what i can beat and cant. i try to avoid certain cars, especially when i know where cops are at... its rare anything big has to prey on me, little guys try to get me but i do what i can to keep them in thier place if they suck. but if thier cool i am cool to them, its just a race to me. have fun unless your in it for money,and always be safe

heck, i raced a guy in an 01 cobra just for fun and we both said good runs at the end!

i like what you all have said, it really does not matter what you drive, if it is fast and u like it then more power to ya!! as long as you like it
    so today i was at a light and a guy in a v6 stage said that he would **** on my wrx "u got a 4 and mine is the NEW mustang 6 i know i can take u and i am stock" lol i just looked at him and said nothing, funny thing was that their was a cop at the jack in the box, when the light was green he punched it, and then the cop pulled him over and gave him a ticket hahahahahaha is all i had to say to that, if you do not know cars then those people should not say that they have a fast car lol, gost i just hate people that talk shi*
    later 04rex for life

Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    i like what you all have said, it really does not matter what you drive, if it is fast and u like it then more power to ya!! as long as you like it
    so today i was at a light and a guy in a v6 stage said that he would **** on my wrx "u got a 4 and mine is the NEW mustang 6 i know i can take u and i am stock" lol i just looked at him and said nothing, funny thing was that their was a cop at the jack in the box, when the light was green he punched it, and then the cop pulled him over and gave him a ticket hahahahahaha is all i had to say to that, if you do not know cars then those people should not say that they have a fast car lol, gost i just hate people that talk shi*
    later 04rex for life
    gotta love those

haha yah it was great i was sitting im my car crying at how funny it was
    and that is really what it looked like!

A guy once asked me if my 02 rex was a neon, evethought it hurt my feelings i didnt loose my tamper and instead offered him a ride, the look on his face was priceless, but the best was when he yelled that the on ramp speed is 25, started looking for things to hold on to and i think i even heard a little girl like squeel. The matter of it is you can never underestimate any car, because people like me, who take pride of their cars can give you a ride of your life. My girlfreind claims that im stupid and drive crazy, so today after another little fight over speeding i let her drive (big mistake i know) the good thing is after she was done she claims she would speed to if she had my car. off topic just needed to boast a little its not often that i win a fight.
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

Quote Originally Posted by vincent77
    A guy once asked me if my 02 rex was a neon, evethought it hurt my feelings i didnt loose my tamper and instead offered him a ride, the look on his face was priceless, but the best was when he yelled that the on ramp speed is 25, started looking for things to hold on to and i think i even heard a little girl like squeel. The matter of it is you can never underestimate any car, because people like me, who take pride of their cars can give you a ride of your life. My girlfreind claims that im stupid and drive crazy, so today after another little fight over speeding i let her drive (big mistake i know) the good thing is after she was done she claims she would speed to if she had my car. off topic just needed to boast a little its not often that i win a fight.
    people complain in my car i get worse and worse with every comment. i dont tell you how to drive , you leave me the F alone!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    people complain in my car i get worse and worse with every comment. i dont tell you how to drive , you leave me the F alone!
    AMEN
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

so i went to the subaru dealer today and i got into the 06 and went for a drive, wow all i can say is slow i never thought that my stock wrx was that slow has anyone driven an 06 yet?

Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    so i went to the subaru dealer today and i got into the 06 and went for a drive, wow all i can say is slow i never thought that my stock wrx was that slow has anyone driven an 06 yet?
    Speed is all relative.
    04 Silver STi M6

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast