do all v8 think wrx/sti are slow? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on do all v8 think wrx/sti are slow? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ElBartoRex my boss is a "V8" guy-- he apparently built an 11 second street chevelle (back in ...

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    my boss is a "V8" guy-- he apparently built an 11 second street chevelle (back in the 80s). Now that he is older and has more money, he just bought a 01 BMW 740il. So no only was he v8 snob, but now he was a BMW snob to boot--

when I got my wrx he kind of scoffed at it, calling it 'rice' etc....until I took him by 2 car lengths from a stop--without even launching.

Needless to say, now he wants a wrx as a winter car.
    ha i bet he still thinks it is slow right....... anyways nice kill
    later!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I > Ford F150 LIghtning
    I > MUSTANG GT
    I > MUSTANG COBRA (99/03)
    I > CAMARO Z28
    I > CAMARO SS
    I > GTO 5.6L
    I > CORVETTE C5
    I < CORVETTE Z06
    So Cal F4 # 10

Quote Originally Posted by Blofe
    I > Ford F150 LIghtning
    I > MUSTANG GT
    I > CAMARO Z28
    I > CAMARO SS
    I > GTO 5.6L
    I > CORVETTE C5
    I < CORVETTE Z06
    kinda not true, because obviously you are moded to beat some of those cars... and I'm sure that you aren't running 10's, let alone low 11's... and I know lots of camaro's running 10's and 11's I know as soon as I get my car back, it will be low 11's, if you are talking handling, never in my life have I lost to an STI or EVO on a road course.... so I wouldn't go saying you were > most of those cars.... 03 cobra..... pully and exhaust > you
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    kinda not true, because obviously you are moded to beat some of those cars... and I'm sure that you aren't running 10's, let alone low 11's... and I know lots of camaro's running 10's and 11's I know as soon as I get my car back, it will be low 11's, if you are talking handling, never in my life have I lost to an STI or EVO on a road course.... so I wouldn't go saying you were > most of those cars.... 03 cobra..... pully and exhaust > you

Wow.

Really?

Wow!

Will you touch my *****?
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

I Support ClubWRX
    I > Ford F150 LIghtning
    I > MUSTANG GT
    I > CAMARO Z28
    I > CAMARO SS
    I > GTO 5.6L
    I > CORVETTE C5
    Stupidest thing I've seen. A modified anything can beat a stock anything given enough time and money.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I > Ford F150 LIghtning
    I > MUSTANG GT
    I > CAMARO Z28
    I > CAMARO SS
    I > GTO 5.7L
    I > CORVETTE C5
    I < CORVETTE Z06

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    Should be racing coming at you in 06.

5.6 liter GTOs are rare.

Hopefully stupid people on this forum will get rarer, too.
    04 Silver STi M6

Now that I have a GTO I spend a lot of time in LS1 and LS2 websites. I find myself defending WRXs and STi's all the time. Some of these V8 guys are so out of touch with reality, it's amazing. They will argue with you all day that an STi or WRX, etc is no match for any V8. Even when faced with overwhelming stats and facts, they continue to stand firm in their beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    Now that I have a GTO I spend a lot of time in LS1 and LS2 websites. I find myself defending WRXs and STi's all the time. Some of these V8 guys are so out of touch with reality, it's amazing. They will argue with you all day that an STi or WRX, etc is no match for any V8. Even when faced with overwhelming stats and facts, they continue to stand firm in their beliefs.
    As a V-8 guy, I have to agree, too. A lot of people at the street racing sections at some popular ls1 sites are morons.
    04 Silver STi M6

Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    As a V-8 guy, I have to agree, too. A lot of people at the street racing sections at some popular ls1 sites are morons.
    Every forum has their group of morons
    - Local Riceist

yah i hella like the gto's i might get 1 in like a y ear or som when the price it low, just to have a nice cruser car!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    Every forum has their group of morons
    ^^^^ what he said... you don't even have to leave this forum to find morons...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I have walked many V8's, but you need to know which ones are capable of what.

for instance 94-98 mustang GT = easy kill for most wrx's
    99-04 mustang GT = pretty good run, but if you have any mods like stageII you are going to walk him
    LT1 = usually an easy kill

Basically the only V8's you need to be consistantly weary of are LS1's and the 4.6blown cobra. It is all relative though because of how well they take to mods.

As for V8 owners thinking wrx/evo/sti are slow.. I guess it depends who you meet. I know V8 guys who utterly stupid and think that STi's are slow as balls because "it is still a 4 cylinder" while he drives around a 210whp mustang
    Some people are just ignorant, or are in denial of the truth. In the same sense though, some of the guys that I know that give the STi/Evo the biggest props and respect drive 12sec LS1's and vettes, cobra's, etc.. I suppose it is all about the mentality of the person, some just dont understand that in today's day and age, technology does a pretty damn good job of making for lack of displacement.

I agree that a stock 94-98 Mustang GT will usually result in a win to a stock WRX but the other two are a bit off. A 99-04 GT (with a manual) will run anywhere from 13.8 to 14.2 in the 1/4mi stock. Most have about 235whp but they also have 300+ftlbs of tq at the crank. An LT1 depending on model and year will run about the same times as a 99-04GT. They have about 275hp at the crank (to the GT's 260) and more tq than a 99-04GT. They are heavier though. With equal drivers, a 99-04GT and LT1 are faster than a stock WRX. So i don't know why you would say "easy kill".

Most of the people on the Mustang boards do respect the WRX, especially the STI. I have been there for a long time and it's usually only the newbs that think they can beat anything with a 4cyl engine. Most members bring them into reality though and set them straight. I know at Stangnet.com for example a few of the members on there bought STI's for example and everyone was saying how nice they are and how quick they are etc...

There are morons on both sides as others have said. Most of the time this results from misinformation that is posted on forums and such. For example, a random novice WRX owner reading this thread will now go out in the world thinking that any stock LT1 he runs across will be an "easy kill"... Now you see the problem.
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    I agree that a stock 94-98 Mustang GT will usually result in a win to a stock WRX but the other two are a bit off. A 99-04 GT (with a manual) will run anywhere from 13.8 to 14.2 in the 1/4mi stock. Most have about 235whp but they also have 300+ftlbs of tq at the crank. An LT1 depending on model and year will run about the same times as a 99-04GT. They have about 275hp at the crank (to the GT's 260) and more tq than a 99-04GT. They are heavier though. With equal drivers, a 99-04GT and LT1 are faster than a stock WRX. So i don't know why you would say "easy kill".

Most of the people on the Mustang boards do respect the WRX, especially the STI. I have been there for a long time and it's usually only the newbs that think they can beat anything with a 4cyl engine. Most members bring them into reality though and set them straight. I know at Stangnet.com for example a few of the members on there bought STI's for example and everyone was saying how nice they are and how quick they are etc...

There are morons on both sides as others have said. Most of the time this results from misinformation that is posted on forums and such. For example, a random novice WRX owner reading this thread will now go out in the world thinking that any stock LT1 he runs across will be an "easy kill"... Now you see the problem.
    Good post. The fact of the matter is, there is no one best way to make power. Anyone that thinks that a nameplate will make them fast is a fool, (unless it is a VTEC plate). And, (of course) blanket statements are easily proved wrong.

V8s drive differently than a turboed 4 banger. Different isn't better or worse, it just *is*. I enjoy the difference... I celebrate the difference... hell, I drive the difference...

99 GT eh? I had a 99 Cobra... traded my 96 GT in for it... that was a great car... an absolute kick to drive...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast