do all v8 think wrx/sti are slow? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on do all v8 think wrx/sti are slow? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I feel what everyone is saying, so as i said before some di@# in a 01 z28 all stock he ...

I feel what everyone is saying, so as i said before some di@# in a 01 z28 all stock he said raced me from a light today. I pulled on that guy so hard it was not evan funny, but I was wrong he was not a di#@ at the light he pulled up next to me and said that my WRX was hella sick, so props to him for the good word then he was telling me how he thought the wrx/sti were slow...... telling me he raced like 4 and lost lol but he was cool so it was all good.!
    just thought everyone would like to know haha
    late!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    I feel what everyone is saying, so as i said before some di@# in a 01 z28 all stock he said raced me from a light today. I pulled on that guy so hard it was not evan funny, but I was wrong he was not a di#@ at the light he pulled up next to me and said that my WRX was hella sick, so props to him for the good word then he was telling me how he thought the wrx/sti were slow...... telling me he raced like 4 and lost lol but he was cool so it was all good.!
    just thought everyone would like to know haha
    late!
    What do yo udrive and with what mods????
    Last edited by MagikMan; 12-08-2005 at 06:32 PM.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    so i was on my way home from work the past like 3 days, normal right? ok this is then it gets kinda funny, at every stop light some mustang gt or camaro ss would try to race me first of all anyone that knows about cars does know that the wrx is AWD and can get to 60 very fast, i get fed up with it so i was next to what looks to be a 03 gt and a light, so it turned greed and we went..... or i should say that he tried to go, i kicked his butt!!! so the really funny part is at the next light he wouldent nvan put his car next to me what a bit** lol

so everyone please tell me about some of your v8 kills!!
    As an answer, I refer to the ignorance is on both sides of the equation response above.
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    There are morons behind the wheel of any given type of car...
    So true...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I like it when guys give me suggestions on what i should do to make my car faster...like add a turbo

aaaaggreed. Ignorance and stupidity know no bounds. The old axiom is still true... there is ALWAYS someone faster...

It is easier to understand either side of *this* equation when you have been in both sets of shoes. Both car types drive differently. Both have their own unique brand of fun, and an owner can easily believe that his brand of fun is the superior brand.

A smart car person will appreciate each car for its value... and laugh at the foibles that occur when someone takes it too far.

What DOES that big assed wing on the back of that Honda do anyway???
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by gottahaveturbo
    I like it when guys give me suggestions on what i should do to make my car faster...like add a turbo
    hahaha, speaking of I have a pretty funny story about that:

I had a guy in a 97/98 5MT GT Mustang with what sounded like basic bolt on's (probably intake, x-pipe, catback) that I caught at a light. I didn't instigate anything, nor had I thought that he wanted to play, but when the light turned green he took off hard spinning through most of first and chirping second hard. I stayed about three cars back because I was not expecting an race and never really went over 1/2 throttle.
    So we hit the next light together and he signals for me to roll my window down. As I do so he says to me "that car is not bad, you kept up with me somewhat.... You know, you should just throw a turbo in there and that thing would haul". I responded with "a turbo?" with a blank look on my face and he said "yeah!". So I laugh and ask if he wants to go again and he agreed. As I was reving up for a semi-aggressive 3.5k launch my BOV makes some noise and he looks over at me the same blank face I gave him originally.

Then I proceeded to put roughly 6 cars on him by 70mph... I thought it was pretty funny.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

- Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

I had a guy in a 97/98 5MT GT Mustang with what sounded like basic bolt on's (probably intake, x-pipe, catback) that I caught at a light. I didn't instigate anything, nor had I thought that he wanted to play, but when the light turned green he took off hard spinning through most of first and chirping second hard. I stayed about three cars back because I was not expecting an race and never really went over 1/2 throttle.
    So we hit the next light together and he signals for me to roll my window down. As I do so he says to me "that car is not bad, you kept up with me somewhat.... You know, you should just throw a turbo in there and that thing would haul". I responded with "a turbo?" with a blank look on my face and he said "yeah!". So I laugh and ask if he wants to go again and he agreed. As I was reving up for a semi-aggressive 3.5k launch my BOV makes some noise and he looks over at me the same blank face I gave him originally.

Then I proceeded to put roughly 6 cars on him by 70mph... I thought it was pretty funny.
    ys man so sick dont you love it as soon as the BOV hits you get the blank look as you just keep pulling nice kill man!!

Dont be so sure. While your car is stupid fast with running 9's, there are many awd japanese cars that will best a 9sec 1/4mile. Namely skylines but there are certainly others.

lol, thanks. Yeah, I figured that by saying LS1 that also implied all of the LS-series motors, but I should have been more specific.
    I was being sarcastic hahah my chevette is a 60hp off-road rally wonder, it runs 22 second quarters, and spends most of its time sideways.
    New England F4
    If you're not shifting, you're just riding.

I totalled my WRX

Yep, thats perfect
    I'm gonna be mad if it turns out to be TWill in a wig..
    www.xoticmotorsports.com
    www.guysracing.org

so i got a new dyno tune today and i love it i had a standard reflash by Shiv from vishnu tuning.. and today i went with a dyno and man i car really tell that i got a 20whp!!! it is crazy and i love it!
    thanks Shiv!

i wish i coulda been there
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

my boss is a "V8" guy-- he apparently built an 11 second street chevelle (back in the 80s). Now that he is older and has more money, he just bought a 01 BMW 740il. So no only was he v8 snob, but now he was a BMW snob to boot--

when I got my wrx he kind of scoffed at it, calling it 'rice' etc....until I took him by 2 car lengths from a stop--without even launching.

Needless to say, now he wants a wrx as a winter car.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast