05 Jetta VR6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 Jetta VR6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way to work this am in traffic i pass by a jetta with a drop, rims and exhaust ...

05 Jetta VR6

On my way to work this am in traffic i pass by a jetta with a drop, rims and exhaust from what i was able to see. After I pass by him he races up behind me right on my bumper and continues to floow very close. I am in morning traffic and not wanting to play around. Well he keeps tailgating me and it finally pisses me off enough. Traffic is breaking apart as we moove off the main streets onto a bridge with more lanes. I had a empty lane so i shift to third at 50 mph and nail it walking away from him. I shut it down at only 70 and just go back to crusin to work. Well he comes flyin up on me again! Still tailgatin me!!! So im like WTF! With an empty road ahead of us I drop to third again at 70 (nice meaty part of the range) this time i give him a chance to hit it first and then i drop it and easily pull on him. So we get across the bridge and at a light he comes up next to me. Asks me what I have done to be pullin that hard on him, I just say I am stage 2 he tells me he has intake chip and exhaust. Which I say makes sense why I pulled on him. Well we get to the next light and its red we are both the first cars, He tells me he should be able to get me ( are you serious?? ) so I told him to go ahead and run it Ill give him 1 car lenght of a lead. The light turns green and he takes off, I give him 1 car then hit it, by the time I got to the top of 2nd I was already passed him, I shift 3rd and continue to pull 6+ cars on him and I shut down at 100 (top of third). He turned out to be a nice guy gave me props and then dipped of. Just don't understnd why the need to tailgate someone like that! Atleast next time he comes across a Modded WRX I doubt he tells him he will get him out of the hole!

P.S Am I going to get flammed for going over 80 MPH on the street?????
    Last edited by enash99; 12-08-2005 at 10:03 AM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea, u prolly will get flamed for "street racing"
    but anyways, i raced GTI vr6, those hatchback style one.
    it wasn't so bad, though we tend to kill'em easy, those cars
    still perform good... too bad VR6 ain't turbo xD
    03' C i

Quote Originally Posted by sadkorean34
    yea, u prolly will get flamed for "street racing"
    I kind of expected it!
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Nice Kill.

Your taking third all the way to 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldy72233
    Your taking third all the way to 100?

Yes third gear for me at rev limiter is jsut a nudge over 100. I am only stage 2
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

I call BS. The last vr6 jetta was made in 04

The only fast VR6's are turboed....other than that they don't take to mods very well. A 1.8t with chip intake and exhaust will smoke a vr6 with the same mods and hang with/pass a wrx with a few mods....depending on what those mods are.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

1.8T with chip & exhaust will smoke everything!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    ...well if it has a t3/t4 to go along with that chip...

yes...
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

even though it's a 2 - Valve, i figure the VR6 would still be better up top than the EJ20, so a lightly modded one maybe could have a chance from a roll.

from the stoplight, it was no surprise you smoked him...
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Not an SRT-4!
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Not an SRT-4!
    That's a close one. They are both fastarAr

unpossible, a 1.8T with a chip drags anything. Look at that torque.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    Yes third gear for me at rev limiter is jsut a nudge over 100. I am only stage 2

Stage 2 has NOTHING to do with what speed your car does in any given gear.
    Your gearing is a fixed ratio 2whp is the same speed in the same gear as 20000000whp.

unpossible, a 1.8T with a chip drags anything. Look at that torque.

Please... Head over to vortex and look at how many "450whp" GTIs there are and how they all run 13s to mid 12s.
    A chipped/tbe 1.8T is good for upper 13s at BEST

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.