911 driver confused that a Wagon was playing with him.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 911 driver confused that a Wagon was playing with him. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Played some cat and mouse with a '99 911 Cabrio 4 the other day on the highway. Driver seemed perplexed ...

911 driver confused that a Wagon was playing with him.

Played some cat and mouse with a '99 911 Cabrio 4 the other day on the highway.
    Driver seemed perplexed that a Saabaru Wagon was hanging with him. Wasn't a straight up race by any means, but we were mirroring each other during a few runs.
    Did some research on the car he other day and it was a 14.1 @ 102mph performer on paper, so the performance figures aren't too far off- definately within driver mod striking distance. It was fun! I haven't raced anything since selling the SS (I sold it because an 11sec. daily driver was a tool for daily streetracing- I couldn't stop myself from doing so), so a few runs vs the Porsche in my grocery getter got my blood pumping again.

For the flames, I'll start the list:

-911 guy was not racing (possible).
    -You beat the driver (I take that as a compliment).
    -There's no way you hung with a 911 (yeah, no way)...

2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Sounds like a nice kill to me!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Sounds like a nice kill to me!
    Aw, I wouldn't go so far as calling it a kill by any means, but it was fun.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Well "nice kill" sounds a lot better than "nice job driving your awesome Subaru Impreza WRX wagon around, looking for a bit of fun on the streets, where you spot a Porsche and decide in playfully harassing this sports car that is usually populated by middle-aged CEOs but is a fast car nonetheless and you did a great job keeping up with him and giving him a run for his money!" *Phew!*
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Should have kept the SS
    Sounds like fun. I like the saabaru's. My best friend just picked one up last week. She looks great in it and is already asking me for mod info .
    I'm gonna be mad if it turns out to be TWill in a wig..
    www.xoticmotorsports.com
    www.guysracing.org

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Well "nice kill" sounds a lot better than "nice job driving your awesome Subaru Impreza WRX wagon around, looking for a bit of fun on the streets, where you spot a Porsche and decide in playfully harassing this sports car that is usually populated by middle-aged CEOs but is a fast car nonetheless and you did a great job keeping up with him and giving him a run for his money!" *Phew!*
    Hehehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    Should have kept the SS
    Sounds like fun. I like the saabaru's. My best friend just picked one up last week. She looks great in it and is already asking me for mod info .
    I'm told that at least once a day. I miss that car.

Wagon kills (or "kills") rule. I haven't gotten a race in ages.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

no race. he has a 7-8 mph trap speed higher than you, there is no way you hung with him if he tried. If anything he was screwing with you and in a higher gear and staying even.

driver mod only really applies from a stop. any idiot can shift and you won't make up that much trap speed from shifting. sry.

btw, have you ran your wagon at the track yet?
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    no race. he has a 7-8 mph trap speed higher than you, there is no way you hung with him if he tried. If anything he was screwing with you and in a higher gear and staying even.

driver mod only really applies from a stop. any idiot can shift and you won't make up that much trap speed from shifting. sry.
    btw, have you ran your wagon at the track yet?

During roll racing- proper gear selection to stay within your power band on the initial hit is crucial. I was doing plenty of double clutch rev matching on the hits to keep the revs up and transition into gear properly.
    He may have had a tiptronic ****shbox for all I know. 7-8mph trap difference is significant, but not huge. I've had plenty enough experience to know what's impossible and what's improbable. And yes, he could have just stayed even in a higher gear, but he was actually driving extremely agrressively.
    Again, I was just happy to hang and see the expression of surprise on his face.

Haven't run it at the track- probably never will either.
    Last edited by SouthFL_9-2x; 12-07-2005 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthFL_9-2x
    During roll racing- proper gear selection to stay within your power band on the initial hit is crucial. I was doing plenty of double clutch rev matching on the hits to keep the revs up and transition into gear properly.
    He may have had a tiptronic ****shbox for all I know. 7-8mph trap difference is significant, but not huge. I've had plenty enough experience to know what's impossible and what's improbable. And yes, he could have just stayed even in a higher gear, but he was actually driving extremely agrressively.
    Again, I was just happy to hang and see the expression of surprise on his face.

Haven't run it at the track- probably never will either.
    yeah i guess there are idiots out there that won't put the car in the rigth gear. Regardless when he got into the right part of the gear he would walk you. the only reason it has a slow time is becuase of the launching capabilities, but from a roll it is pretty much the equivalent to an sti's trap speed.

btw, what did your ss run at the track? sound like a pretty sweet car.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    yeah i guess there are idiots out there that won't put the car in the rigth gear. Regardless when he got into the right part of the gear he would walk you. the only reason it has a slow time is becuase of the launching capabilities, but from a roll it is pretty much the equivalent to an sti's trap speed.

btw, what did your ss run at the track? sound like a pretty sweet car.

True, we didn't have enough clear stretches to really wind things out- he would have walked me in that scenario. These were shorter spurts (60-95ish mph).

As for the driver mod, I failed to mention that I'm qualified/eligible for an SCCA National license (not that that means too much, but I know a little about driving ).

The SS, it ran (in awful 90 degree humid Summer air) 11.88 @ 118mph on a 1.79 (stock suspension at the time) on a busted 9" rear end posi. in its 425rwhp daily driven configuration. It had 460rwhp when I was done with it. The new owner has it now at 480rwhp. It's probaly good for a decent 125mph trap speed now. I raced many a unsuspecting Z06 owner in that thing to their surprise and demise . I really wish I would have had a chance to run it in its 460rwhp setup. The entire rear suspension was modded and it hooked like a mother. It was basically high 10sec. car with slicks and skinnies- but I always ran it on street tire (at most DR's out back). Didn't run it for fear of breaking more stuff at the track.
    Last edited by SouthFL_9-2x; 12-07-2005 at 02:26 PM.

Here's a pic of me at BMP.
    I really didn't learn to drive that thing until the very end, after I attended race school.
    Now I beat the piss out of this wagon.

thats a hot car, if its any muscle to choose from, chevy is the way to go IMO.
    12.1 @ 117

Quote Originally Posted by SouthFL_9-2x
    I'm told that at least once a day. I miss that car.
    you've been there, done that. i'm getting pretty tired of explaining to everyone why i sold the WRX. people move on, it's not the end of the world.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.