wrx vs 05 GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wrx vs 05 GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well i just wanted to know who you guys think would win. I have an 02 WRX, UP and TBE, ...

wrx vs 05 GT

well i just wanted to know who you guys think would win. I have an 02 WRX, UP and TBE, and pro tuned with ECUtek at I-Speed. My friend has an 05 Mustang GT and he was talking a lot of sh!t about my car with the pink "i" emblem in the front and saying its a rice rocket and stuff. So I started talking back and blah blah and he wants to race for a hundred bucks. I agreed to it thinking i can beat one. We haven't raced yet but when we do we agreed it would be off a launch til 85 MPH. I'm a pretty good driver, i clocked 5.4 0-60 when i was stock, i havent clocked it since then but i feel i'm a good enough driver, what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pimpreza65
    well i just wanted to know who you guys think would win. I have an 02 WRX, UP and TBE, and pro tuned with ECUtek at I-Speed. My friend has an 05 Mustang GT and he was talking a lot of sh!t about my car with the pink "i" emblem in the front and saying its a rice rocket and stuff. So I started talking back and blah blah and he wants to race for a hundred bucks. I agreed to it thinking i can beat one. We haven't raced yet but when we do we agreed it would be off a launch til 85 MPH. I'm a pretty good driver, i clocked 5.4 0-60 when i was stock, i havent clocked it since then but i feel i'm a good enough driver, what do you guys think?
    I think from a dig to 85mph you should take him pretty nicely. From a roll it would be close.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

From a dig you should hold him off for a bit, but street racing may result in a hefty fine and insurance rates that will be outragous.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Based on GT's trap speed (101+MPH), race should stop at 100mph.

Any mods to your friend's GT? These cars react very favorably to a CAI and computer tune, also removes the pesky, (computer created) throttle lag.

I basically own both those cars, (fine, the WRX isn't I-tuned, but it is Cobb 2), and my seat of the pants feel is the GT is just a shade faster... but thats my GT, which is modded...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

I am bone stock and from a dig with probably my best launch ever my front bumper was maybe 2 feet off his back bumper by ~60. From a roll though it wasnt very close...I got walked pretty hard after 80mph when I went into 4th.

he is still in third after 80...and in the heart of his powerband... that is, if he is going all the way to 6k. Nice though, now you have a goal!

How come I didn't notice your username before? I'm a 96 UT grad...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Im suprised that a stock 05 GT is only trapping at 101mph?
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Hmm its gonna a good race.. its all about the driver tho in this case

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.