WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 - Page 9
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

This is a discussion on WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW Ask the guy with 200 posts, not the one with 2,200... I have a feeling if ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    Ask the guy with 200 posts, not the one with 2,200... I have a feeling if he keeps up his attitude, he won't last very long...

I'm not pointing fingers or putting blame , (not at all) It's just so unusual to see two members going at it.. I guess it's an eventuality, but it's still sad.
    And a big +1 to injection, there was a thread from a vendor on here a couple of weeks ago stating they were picking up almost 60hp for just about $500.00 (plus tuning)
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How about alcohol injection? My buddy has it in his '03 and he picked up a crapload of bottom end power/tq. ... something crazy like 180 @ 3400rpm to 300 @ 3400rpm.

hmmm, well i looked at this as soo nas you mention it and the only thing is, you need to keep filling it up. i just want add-ons that are always there no matter what, thats why i dont like nitrous, not only does it mess your engine up, it runs out!!
    12.1 @ 117

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbo
    hmmm, well i looked at this as soo nas you mention it and the only thing is, you need to keep filling it up. i just want add-ons that are always there no matter what, thats why i dont like nitrous, not only does it mess your engine up, it runs out!!

Gasoline runs out too!

I think of alcohol as just part of the fuel. My friend converted his winshield washer tank to hold it since its more than twice the size of the unit that comes with the kit. It lasts him forever before he needs to refill, plus it only sprays at WOT...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    u think i need to change my turbo to hit 11's?? lol if so, you dont know too much about cars like you say you do. my buddy From MA ran an 11.912 with his evo with the stock turbo and no nitrous, he has EMS, pro-tuned, FMI, Turbo-back exhaust, cam gear, and an hks suction kit, not to mention he can drive like a muther funker. i didnt believe him either till i saw him run it. but this is my plan, and sooner or later ill hit it. also Epping is open only in the spring.

Thanks, no nitrous for me. in one of my posts below i explain what my evo friend can do. hopefully ill be one of the few STi's to hit anywhere in the 11.9 or faster range. if iam running a 12.3 - 12.4 after UTEC, boost controller, and tuned by F1 dyno, to hit an 11 ill need a top or front mounted intercooler, cam gear, and something else that cooperates well with the stock turbo, pulleys are a waste of money, my stock up-pipe is already catless so theres no point in that, headers pretty much only wake the car up if you have an aftermarket turbo, so ill have to see what other crap i can do to go a little faster. maybe ill tint my windows so i can shave off a second or two!?

Ummm..please point out to me where I said I know anything about cars

I do know a thing or two about our platform. For instance:
    Headers, in fact, do serve a purpose for stock turboed STi's. They provide an increase in HP and allow the engine to breath better at higher RPMs...thus increasing your trap speeds at the sacrifice to a slightly less torquey bottom end. And I'm trying to figure out what the "something else that cooperates well with the stock turbo" is. Maybe nitrous?

I also didn't see anything about split wastegate or bellmouth, water or alchy injection (which you will need with the advanced timing you'll be running to prevent det).

You might want to look at an efficiency curve or two for the VF39, and then readjust your thinking about hitting 11.9 with a stock turbo.

Using the Evo as a comparison is a bit off, since they can put out a few psi more boost than the STi and the gearing is not the same.

I guess I read in your sig a few "estimates" and kind of shrug. You appear to be basing your end result on current estimates (not reality) and on a buddies car that isn't even the same...and one that is known for a better top end I might add.
    Maybe, if you do the following, your goal might be achieved:
    1. Gutted car
    2. Larger TMIC or FMIC with CAI
    3. Split wastegate DP with open flow exhaust (heck...just run with the DP and no exhaust)
    4. Cams
    5. Headers
    6. Utec, Cobb ST, incorporating launch control and pre-boost, and one helluva good tune on 110 octane.
    7. Slicks
    8. Stronger axles
    9. Probably a stronger clutch.
    10. Oh yeah... a helmet

With those, and an incredibly hard launch, you might do it.

More power to you. Please keep us updated on your endeavor. I wish you luck and I'll be the first to congatulate you if you hit 11s.
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 12-06-2005 at 05:06 AM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

u think i need to change my turbo to hit 11's?? lol if so, you dont know too much about cars like you say you do. my buddy From MA ran an 11.912 with his evo with the stock turbo and no nitrous, he has EMS, pro-tuned, FMI, Turbo-back exhaust, cam gear, and an hks suction kit, not to mention he can drive like a muther funker. i didnt believe him either till i saw him run it. but this is my plan, and sooner or later ill hit it. also Epping is open only in the spring.
    No, I know you could get into the 11's w/more stuff done. I was just messin around.
    Last edited by StupidMan; 12-06-2005 at 07:10 AM.
    stupidman has spoken

It would be a great service to us all, Ray.

StupidMan, you wouldn't happen to be in the Madison Heights area, would you? I'd be interested in putting some money down on a few races with other WRX's if your interested?

I am only 10mins from Madison Heights in Lynchburg.

EDIT: You are still obviously putting words in my mouth, since the 1 STi in MH is modded. I will run him....but not for money....I may be Stupidman, But im not an idiot...or at least not a big one....ok...fine...not a GIANT one.
    Last edited by StupidMan; 12-06-2005 at 07:14 AM.
    stupidman has spoken

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    I am only 10mins from Madison Heights in Lynchburg.

EDIT: You are still obviously putting words in my mouth, since the 1 STi in MH is modded. I will run him....but not for money....I may be Stupidman, But im not an idiot...or at least not a big one....ok...fine...not a GIANT one.

No, I wasn't talking about any STi's in the MH/ Lynchburg area... I was refering to non-STi WRX's from my area.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

hey StupidMan or whatever, if you got the EVO instead of 06 WRX with protune, you could definitely hit 11's on the stock turbo and still have your engine/tranny combo at the end of the day.

the EJ25T is weak, even in the STi: cast pistons, the crank journals are actually thinner than on the EJ20T, and an open deck design (semi-closed on STi). running that kind of engine into the 11's is a waste of money, you'll have to upgrade almost everything in the drivetrain on top of that.

you have all these great plans for fast times, but no plans at all regarding durability.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I raced a Trans Am ws6 today from a 20mph roll and a 60mph roll, on an open stretch of empty highway.

The first run (20mph), I jumped him...but I continued to pull on him through the end of 2nd gear (66 mph). I jumped out with my nose in front, and pulled to about 1 full car length by the end of 2nd gear. Then I let off for a more even match.
    The second run from 60mph, he jumped me, and barely pulled on me through 3rd, and then it was even through part of 4th (of course he maintained his lead) I let off at around 110.

Anyway, as we slowed and checked each others rides out...I noticed a full roll cage, and his tags said "1FAST TA". His exhaust note was that of a slightly worked v8...It sounded as if he were running a mild cam, and the sound was very loud as if cats had been gutted and possible headers installed. I also noticed the sweet smell of Cam 2 110 octane leaded fuel. He was coming from the general vicinity of the local 1/8th mile track, and was wearing a sponsors racing uniform.

I think he was embarassed because he dipped off real quick and avoided pulling over so I could see what he had done.

Come to find out...this guy apparently has a reputation around town as being a fast, fast car. He is supposed to be running mid 12's on street tires with all of the bolt ons. And I am certain I would have taken him from a dig.

His car sounded as if it were running good, he was a good driver as his shifts were on point, and very quick. When we slowed looking at each others cars he looked at me as if I had just taken advantage of his mother. Just a note, I was granny shifting because I don't want to blow my tranny.

The funny thing is, I had a freshly full tank of gas (I was actually pulling out from filling up when he beefed with me), and I had my wife with me and a trunk load of my business stuff.
    I am certain that If I didn't have the stuff, or my wife, I would have been pulling on him (he was by himself).

I came home, and did a google of factory ws6 stats and found the car to run mid 13's from the factory. This guy had obviously done some modifications, but I wasn't able to find out what. I just know it was loud, and fast.

I need to run my car in the quarter mile...I know I can break into the 12's on a stage 2 06.
    If you don't believe me....I invite you to come meet me for a run, I bet I would suprise you, just as I did him. otherwise, you will have to wait until I get a granny shifting quarter mile time slip to post up.
    That's fast?
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

Just to throw in my two cents, since this is a monkey turd tossing contest:

Stupid man, you did lose this race right? You stayed close and lost, I think. Your car is not nearly fast enough (yet) to be challenging anyone to a $1000 race, there are some serious cars here and a Cobb S2 is not even close to being the bad boy on the block.

Bobbo, your car is fast, and you seem like a really good driver with those times, but I found it really funny that you think you can hit 11s with on the Stock turbo because an Evo did it. While you may be able to hit 11s with the stock turbo eventually, you cannot base your car's ability on that of a totally different car (evo) with a bigger stock turbo. That just doesn't make sense. Anyway, I found that funny, but good luck getting to the 11s with the stock turbo. I don't think too many people have done that, so you will be in the elite few.

Southpaw, you smell like 2 week old tuna
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

No, I wasn't talking about any STi's in the MH/ Lynchburg area... I was refering to non-STi WRX's from my area.

Oh...I thought you were talking about the locals here.

Anyway, I just want to say that I am sorry to you If I have offended you (or any member) in anyway with my humor. I am not an arrogant SOB as you might think. I was confident in my cars performance, but not trying to rub it in. Then I got flamed, and the gloves came off. That is my bad.

I will run any car, but I am not saying that I will win. Just like with anything, it is easy for people to flame you online, when they were not present themselves. It is a lesson learned that I will always have my Video camera with me, and threads will include vids, so no one can flame me.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by SouthFL_9-2x
    That's fast?
    It is fast for an n/a car with bolt ons, all weather street tires, and no forced induction, that was originally running mid 13's

Sure there are a bunch of cars running 10's here in the burg, but not thumping around on the streets.
    stupidman has spoken

It is fast for an n/a car with bolt ons, all weather street tires, and no forced induction, that was originally running mid 13's

Sure there are a bunch of cars running 10's here in the burg, but not thumping around on the streets.
    I thought you said he was cammed.

What's the story?

He ran 12's with boltons only? (Very possible)
    Or he runs 12's now (supposedly cammed with race fuel that you smelled)?
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    hey StupidMan or whatever, if you got the EVO instead of 06 WRX with protune, you could definitely hit 11's on the stock turbo and still have your engine/tranny combo at the end of the day.

the EJ25T is weak, even in the STi: cast pistons, the crank journals are actually thinner than on the EJ20T, and an open deck design (semi-closed on STi). running that kind of engine into the 11's is a waste of money, you'll have to upgrade almost everything in the drivetrain on top of that.

you have all these great plans for fast times, but no plans at all regarding durability.
    1 the shortblock on my car is nearly identical to the STi's.

2 where did you get that I had great plans to run in the 11's?

3 why do half the people on here read my posts, and the other half of the people read the first words and then flame.?
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by SouthFL_9-2x
    I thought you said he was cammed.

What's the story?

He ran 12's with boltons only? (Very possible)
    Or he runs 12's now (supposedly cammed with race fuel that you smelled)?
    Dude, read the first 6 pages and you will answer your own questions.

Really all you have to do is read my first post and you will answer you own questions.
    stupidman has spoken

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.