WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 - Page 7
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not that I doubt this happened, (or that I read every thread either, as I could see a slingfest brewing), ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Not that I doubt this happened, (or that I read every thread either, as I could see a slingfest brewing), but your definitely a "glass half full" kind of guy. A new 06 Stage 2 WRX will not be "well into the 300 HP range" nor will it be 350-360 ft/lb of torque. A man has a right to dream.

BTW...if you can't get it into the 12's on stage 2, then toss the keys to me....I'll show you how it's done
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    I suspect I have well over 300 hp at the crank, and probably closer to 350-360lbs/ft at the crank.

I would put up $1000 that I would smoke a stock sti from a dig, or a roll on. Any takers?

It felt as fast to 60, which was clocked at 3.6 seconds on more than one .
    I suspect you are very wrong. Over 300 at the cank and 350-360 torque? Why the **** are you chalenging people to a $1000 race? 0-60 in 3.6?

Please stop.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

WOW! I came across this thread late....

After reading all five pages, I must say I now think much less highly of the WS6. I used to think they were amazing cars for the money, and when I had my WRX (stage1, to 2, to 18G stage4), I really was considering one for a while. But over the past few months I have seen more and more of them run and realize that they aren't as fast as I had thought them to be... I don't know much about the 2.5's, afterall, I've been out of the WRX for over a year now, but I suppose a stage 2 2.5 WRX can pull on a modded WS6, with an excellent driver... like Ray said, anything can happen on the street.

So I think I am going to sell the Vette and get a '06 WRX!

StupidMan, I am not acusing you of lying in any way, shape, or form. I beleive it happened exactly as you said. But from my perspective, coming into this thread after reading all 5 pages, you come across as one of the most arrogant members in recent memory. You call people immature, but you are calling people you don't even know out on a street race for money, and giving us your phone number, too! Do you have any idea that maybe a member or even browser on this forum could be in the profession of let's say, law enforcement?! You obviously have no respect for the law, based on your stated record, and probably don't care, but do you realize you pretty much marked yourself? As someone else stated, your name suits you...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    After reading all five pages, I must say I now think much less highly of the WS6. I used to think they were amazing cars for the money, and when I had my WRX (stage1, to 2, to 18G stage4), I really was considering one for a while. But over the past few months I have seen more and more of them run and realize that they aren't as fast as I had thought them to be... I don't know much about the 2.5's, afterall, I've been out of the WRX for over a year now, but I suppose a stage 2 2.5 WRX can pull on a modded WS6, with an excellent driver... like Ray said, anything can happen on the street.

I don't think a cop would waste his time trying to break up a street race between members of a msg board that he is a part of. If you go on the internet you could find a million people talking about a million different illegal things and i doubt a cop is going to look into any of them unless it seems like a real threat like a terrorist attack. I could go on any msg board and probably find a bunch of people saying they are going to kill other people, but the police are not going to track them all down. A cop isnt going to go out of his way to try to stop one set-up street race, its just not going to happen, there are street races every single night on any given highway with lights.

So I think I am going to sell the Vette and get a '06 WRX!

StupidMan, I am not acusing you of lying in any way, shape, or form. I beleive it happened exactly as you said. But from my perspective, coming into this thread after reading all 5 pages, you come across as one of the most arrogant members in recent memory. You call people immature, but you are calling people you don't even know out on a street race for money, and giving us your phone number, too! Do you have any idea that maybe a member or even browser on this forum could be in the profession of let's say, law enforcement?! You obviously have no respect for the law, based on your stated record, and probably don't care, but do you realize you pretty much marked yourself? As someone else stated, your name suits you...

2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

I Support ClubWRX
    <sniff, sniff>
    Mmmmmm....gasoline.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I don't think a cop would waste his time trying to break up a street race between members of a msg board that he is a part of. If you go on the internet you could find a million people talking about a million different illegal things and i doubt a cop is going to look into any of them unless it seems like a real threat like a terrorist attack. I could go on any msg board and probably find a bunch of people saying they are going to kill other people, but the police are not going to track them all down. A cop isnt going to go out of his way to try to stop one set-up street race, its just not going to happen, there are street races every single night on any given highway with lights.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Not that I doubt this happened, (or that I read every thread either, as I could see a slingfest brewing), but your definitely a "glass half full" kind of guy. A new 06 Stage 2 WRX will not be "well into the 300 HP range" nor will it be 350-360 ft/lb of torque. A man has a right to dream.

BTW...if you can't get it into the 12's on stage 2, then toss the keys to me....I'll show you how it's done
    Cobb states 345lbs at the crank, and 285hp...and they are notoriously underrated, you figure it out

EDIT: I will try my dang ole ding ole best to get this puppy into the 12's, if I can't do it....I will give you a shot.
    Last edited by StupidMan; 12-05-2005 at 01:18 PM.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by rex=my_life
    I suspect you are very wrong. Over 300 at the cank and 350-360 torque? Why the **** are you chalenging people to a $1000 race? 0-60 in 3.6?

Please stop.
    ger hyup, sorry pa
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    I couldn't of said it better myself.

Watch the news tonight and you might just see.....

"...Stupidman was arrested today for street racing....Police indicated that this was a pre-meditated crime and Mr. Stupid could be facing the death penalty....Back to you Bob..."
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    So I think I am going to sell the gay ass Vette and get a slick, better looking '06 WRX so girls will like me again!

That would be the best move you could every make
    Last edited by StupidMan; 12-05-2005 at 01:20 PM.
    stupidman has spoken

I Support ClubWRX
    Cobb states 345lbs at the crank, and 285hp...and they are notoriously underrated, you figure it out

EDIT: I will try my dang ole ding ole best to get this puppy into the 12's, if I can't do it....I will give you a shot.
    squeeze me for missing the word "crank". Pray tell...how will you ever verify your numbers at the crank? Do you live in NASCAR country and have access to a crank dyno? Seems like a lot of work just to get crank numbers.

Just wanted to underscore that no one measures at the crank..it's at the wheels. Cobbs numbers are all estimates based on at the wheels measurements and then adjusted for altitude, etc, to come up with an estimated HP.

So yeah...you probably are over 300 crank and 350/360 torque...at the crank. But we'll never know for sure will we?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    "...Stupidman was arrested today for street racing....Police indicated that this was a pre-meditated crime and Mr. Stupid could be facing the death penalty....Back to you Bob..."
    "In other news, a gentleman who would only identify himself as "Zoophagy" was arrested near a children's playground today. He was wearing only a leather thong and a feather boa, and was accused of luring the children over under the pretense of "playing nursey". Film at 11".
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Is that in MA??? If so I am going to be up that way early next year. But I will have my turbo installed by then.
    no NED is in epping NH, your new turbo will be fine, ill have my UTEC, and BC installed with a pro-tune this saterday.hopefully then ill hit my 12.3 mark. ill get alot more respect when iam running 11's with a stock turbo in the future.
    12.1 @ 117

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbo
    no NED is in epping NH, your new turbo will be fine, ill have my UTEC, and BC installed with a pro-tune this saterday.hopefully then ill hit my 12.3 mark. ill get alot more respect when iam running 11's with a stock turbo in the future.
    Nice goal. I wish you well with that. I'm assuming nitrous is in the equation?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    "In other news, a gentleman who would only identify himself as "Zoophagy" was arrested near a children's playground today. He was wearing only a leather thong and a feather boa, and was accused of luring the children over under the pretense of "playing nursey". Film at 11".

Film? You are REALLY dating yourself there ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics