WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by StupidMan I will race you the way you are now. You will beat me...but not as bad ...

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    I will race you the way you are now. You will beat me...but not as bad as you think.
    i wish you werent so fricken far away, if you ever paln on going to New England Dragway on a street night or import wars send me a PM.
    12.1 @ 117

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bobbo
    i wish you werent so fricken far away, if you ever paln on going to New England Dragway on a street night or import wars send me a PM.
    Is that in MA??? If so I am going to be up that way early next year. But I will have my turbo installed by then.
    stupidman has spoken

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, you guys are brutal.
    Nice run.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Wow, you guys are brutal.
    Nice run.
    Fight we must......

I am
    stupidman has spoken

Who are you talking to? Because if you read my post on that thread, I clearly stated the wrx should win.
    And for the record I have never raced an SRT4

I highly recommend racing a modded SRT4 I bet you will be in for a huge surprise. I will also have to agree that there are a few problems with this story. I really doubt the 2.5 made that much of a difference. More torque sure. You say you are high 12's then prove it. Honestly with those mods you would get walked. From a dig you may hold him off for a short while, but from a roll you will be long gone. I dont care that I have never owned or driven a stage2 06 I still dont buy it.

Great response. I appreciate the way you wrote this without putting words in my mouth, or flaming me.
    As far as your post. I don't know everything about every car, and I was curious to see what the TA runs through the quarter. I actually found 13.5 on a forum, not in a magazine.

As for the mods he had. I was probably overestimating, but I wasn't sure, and I thought I stated that clearly in the first post, but maybe I didn't.

Thanks again for the appropriate response, and thanks for not calling me a big BS'er

EDIT: As far as the top end goes. I let off around 110, he could have started pulling much harder after that, but it was unnecessary to keep going as he had already pulled and maintained his lead. I gave him the victory "you have a fast car" thumbs up, and he did the same for me. So all in all, it was a fun run....the experience was just ruined by some other people on the boards who don't know how to respond as eloquently as you do.

I have had a lot of cars over the years also. I have a 1999 Mustang GT so that's why I'm familiar with alot of the domestic competition. Most times when anyone says they beat an LS1 usually the same things come up. "No way did you beat an LS1 man! They are crafted by God himself!!!" They aren't as invincible as everyone makes them out to be. We always used to have fun with that on Stangnet.com. For one thing, LS1's are hard to do any kind of forced induction on, being that they shoe-horned a 5.7ltr engine under the hood so most modified ones are N/A. Just basic bolt ons and stuff. LS1's are also pretty unreliable, with lots of little problems like engine knocks etc. and stupid things like the transmission locking you out of certain gears at certain RPM's and speeds so that they can meet fuel consumption target numbers and such. Still they can be pretty mean, and they are already start pretty mean. You sound like you have a pretty sweet WRX. I'm glad to see some good modding on the 06 platform.

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    I highly recommend racing a modded SRT4 I bet you will be in for a huge surprise. I will also have to agree that there are a few problems with this story. I really doubt the 2.5 made that much of a difference. More torque sure. You say you are high 12's then prove it. Honestly with those mods you would get walked. From a dig you may hold him off for a short while, but from a roll you will be long gone. I dont care that I have never owned or driven a stage2 06 I still dont buy it.
    YESSSS....ANOTHER FLAMER DEFENDING THE VENERABLE WS6

I am just going to sell my wrx and get a friggin trans am..grow a mullet..crank up the 80's and ROCK ON
    Last edited by StupidMan; 12-04-2005 at 08:07 PM.
    stupidman has spoken

I also find it pretty funny that most of the people flaming me don't own WRX's.

There needs to be a jerk off handed smiley....because I would post right about here.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    I have had a lot of cars over the years also. I have a 1999 Mustang GT so that's why I'm familiar with alot of the domestic competition. Most times when anyone says they beat an LS1 usually the same things come up. "No way did you beat an LS1 man! They are crafted by God himself!!!" They aren't as invincible as everyone makes them out to be. We always used to have fun with that on Stangnet.com. For one thing, LS1's are hard to do any kind of forced induction on, being that they shoe-horned a 5.7ltr engine under the hood so most modified ones are N/A. Just basic bolt ons and stuff. LS1's are also pretty unreliable, with lots of little problems like engine knocks etc. and stupid things like the transmission locking you out of certain gears at certain RPM's and speeds so that they can meet fuel consumption target numbers and such. Still they can be pretty mean, and they are already start pretty mean. You sound like you have a pretty sweet WRX. I'm glad to see some good modding on the 06 platform.
    Well said,
    The problem is that all of these "guys" have been to "Trans Am College" and know that no other car in the world can beat it. After all, the Trans Am stands for Transvestite America which is a fast growing hobby on the wrx boards.
    stupidman has spoken

I also find it pretty funny that most of the people flaming me don't own WRX's.

There needs to be a jerk off handed smiley....because I would post right about here.

How's this?
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    For one thing, LS1's are hard to do any kind of forced induction on, being that they shoe-horned a 5.7ltr engine under the hood so most modified ones are N/A. Just basic bolt ons and stuff. LS1's are also pretty unreliable, with lots of little problems like engine knocks etc. and stupid things like the transmission locking you out of certain gears at certain RPM's and speeds so that they can meet fuel consumption target numbers and such. Still they can be pretty mean, and they are already start pretty mean. You sound like you have a pretty sweet WRX. I'm glad to see some good modding on the 06 platform.
    Really? My low 11 second LS1 SS had none of the problems that you've mentioned especially with reliability, it ran just fine.

Any high compression engine isn't for FI, not just LS1, but then I know lot of people who have installed FI without any problems.

I don't know where you are getting your info but just because you've worked with few stangs doesn't make you an expert of LS1.

The problem is that all of these "guys" have been to "Trans Am College" and know that no other car in the world can beat it. After all, the Trans Am stands for Transvestite America which is a fast growing hobby on the wrx boards.
    I've yet to say any negative things about you or your race but with this silly post, I would have to say your screen name is very fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    How's this?
    Friggin sweet man. I will use that one.....
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    I've yet to say any negative things about you or your race but with this silly post, I would have to say your screen name is very fitting.
    Besides trying to make me look like a liar...

Humor defies thee

Or maybe I hit a tender spot......aww its ok lil tranny boy
    Last edited by StupidMan; 12-04-2005 at 08:44 PM.
    stupidman has spoken

Damn you chevy lovers must have woke up on the wrong side of the park bench today.
    stupidman has spoken