WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by StupidMan You inspire bitterness in people. It's my quest in life. Guess I can mark you off ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    You inspire bitterness in people.
    It's my quest in life. Guess I can mark you off the list.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You inspire bitterness in people. Peace
    Peace? I have kept my yap shut ... you sig is none too friendly.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Umm, yes it does. Why do you think the EVO MR runs the same or slower 0-60 than the standard evo???? It is the extra shift to get there. The extra gears are better for road racing/autox.

Also, being a Chevy fan, you should know about the times of the 2 speed drag trans right? Why do you think that is? "what is 3 less shifts Alex"
    How many gears do you have? 5 or 6?

Ummm, drag car's setup is totally different, there is absolutely no correlation to our street car setup, apples and oranges.

Given two identical cars having equal power and If car A have tall gears like 2.73 (GM gears since I don't know the gearing of your car), and car B have much shorter 4.10 gears, on the track, Car B will finish quicker, because it will get to the power band quicker.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    I'm sure he thinks that's somehow my fault, too.
    He seems to have quite the insecure RacerX attitude thing going on.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I'm sure he thinks that's somehow my fault, too.
    Of course ... you are a monument to all that is bitter.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Of course ... you are a monument to all that is bitter.
    w3some!!11!!one!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

sorry not this weekend i have to go further down south to see an old friend. i will call u though.
    04 JBP WRX

PnP vf30 etc.

Hey guys, new to the forums (obviously)...Looking to pick up an STI in the spring time to replace my current car, that's why i'm here (chicago winters blow)...

StupidMan, sounds like a good race, nice run.

Here are some facts though, a WS6 T/A makes about 350hp at the crank, regardless of what the factory specs say they are. They put down about 320hp to the wheels, about the same torque and LS1's are TOP END beasts. Stock, with a good driver, they run low, low 13's, and some say they can see 12's stock but it's rare (without the help of AWD).

That being said, with cams, and all the other stuff you mentioned, he would probably be a lot faster than that. He could be putting down 400hp+ and loads of torque with the mods you listed.

Not saying that what happened didn't happen, but you can see why people might have a hard time believing that. Stg 2 or not, we all know that a WRX's strong suit is NOT racing from a roll, mainly because of AWD. Once again, every situation is different, and anything can happen on the street.

In the begining you kind of came across as not knowing a whole lot about the competition (you said you had to look up specs, etc...) so that may put some people off when you start guessing on performance based on magazine times and such.

Just my 2 cents. No flaming here, just telling you what I know.

You guys are just being silly fella's now aren't ya
    stupidman has spoken

Me so sorry, but as usual, I love speaking in truths......
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    Hey guys, new to the forums (obviously)...Looking to pick up an STI in the spring time to replace my current car, that's why i'm here (chicago winters blow)...

StupidMan, sounds like a good race, nice run.

Here are some facts though, a WS6 T/A makes about 350hp at the crank, regardless of what the factory specs say they are. They put down about 320hp to the wheels, about the same torque and LS1's are TOP END beasts. Stock, with a good driver, they run low, low 13's, and some say they can see 12's stock but it's rare (without the help of AWD).

That being said, with cams, and all the other stuff you mentioned, he would probably be a lot faster than that. He could be putting down 400hp+ and loads of torque with the mods you listed.

Not saying that what happened didn't happen, but you can see why people might have a hard time believing that. Stg 2 or not, we all know that a WRX's strong suit is NOT racing from a roll, mainly because of AWD. Once again, every situation is different, and anything can happen on the street.

In the begining you kind of came across as not knowing a whole lot about the competition (you said you had to look up specs, etc...) so that may put some people off when you start guessing on performance based on magazine times and such.

Just my 2 cents. No flaming here, just telling you what I know.
    Great response. I appreciate the way you wrote this without putting words in my mouth, or flaming me.
    As far as your post. I don't know everything about every car, and I was curious to see what the TA runs through the quarter. I actually found 13.5 on a forum, not in a magazine.

As for the mods he had. I was probably overestimating, but I wasn't sure, and I thought I stated that clearly in the first post, but maybe I didn't.

Thanks again for the appropriate response, and thanks for not calling me a big BS'er

EDIT: As far as the top end goes. I let off around 110, he could have started pulling much harder after that, but it was unnecessary to keep going as he had already pulled and maintained his lead. I gave him the victory "you have a fast car" thumbs up, and he did the same for me. So all in all, it was a fun run....the experience was just ruined by some other people on the boards who don't know how to respond as eloquently as you do.
    Last edited by StupidMan; 12-04-2005 at 05:17 PM.
    stupidman has spoken

I Support ClubWRX
    Me so sorry, but as usual, I love speaking in truths......
    Not sure how to take that ...

If it makes you feel better, I have not been in VA in over three years ... and I just passed through on to some place nice.
    Mods & Pics

Not sure how to take that ...

If it makes you feel better, I have not been in VA in over three years ... and I just passed through on to some place nice.
    Thank God for that.
    stupidman has spoken

Don't feel bad though, I have family in PA, and they suck too
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by Vinhtage
    sorry not this weekend i have to go further down south to see an old friend. i will call u though.
    Sweet, I look forward to your call.
    stupidman has spoken