WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have to agree with DTR. Something doesn't sound right here, whether it be his mods or the story....

I have to agree with DTR. Something doesn't sound right here, whether it be his mods or the story.
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well as if it hasen't been said enough. I also find this very hard to believe. I have never raced an TA or a SS but I have seen them cut modded srt-4's all night long and then stg2 wrx's get pulled by about a car by the srt-4's. Basically LS1>modded srt-4's>stg. 2 wrx's. now i know there are exceptions. And it is true that i have never see an 06' run but it can't be that much faster than 02-05 wrx's. But people on this forum have not believed some of my kill's before but what you are claiming to have done is the equivilant of me beating a stock TA which i know can't be done. So in short i would love to believe you but I am going to have to through the flag

Will the 06 9-2x have the same 2.5 liter as the wrx? my roommate is interested and i might turn down an evo for one if it did.

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess anything can happen in a streetrace. The results do seem bizarre when you consider the motors involved. If I owned a lightly modded LS1, and got pulled on at the dragstrip by a stage 2 WRX, I'd go get my motor checked out the next day.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I know many LS1 F-Body with a cam will either run with me or beat me and I run 12.1@117 consistantly.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    The longer gears in the 06 helped since I was always at 1 shift less than him. Plus each of my shifts put me right into the fat torque curve. Like when I shifted into 4th, he stopped pulling on me....that is because I have gobs of torque at 5krpms.
    Having longer gears doesn't help during at low speed like >100 mph, in fact, it will hurt the track time. Why do you think people are going with 4.10 gears or shorter. Now if this was a high speed race like 100+ mph, then longer gears would help you since shorter gears will run out of gears sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    1) you are talking 1/4mile. In the 1/4mile yes it is true that M6 WS6 only runs mid-low 13's, but with the mods you mentioned it is more like very low 12's.

2) All your runs were from a roll and did not include an AWD launch. A stageII wrx traps between 99-102mph and a stageII STi traps about 108/109mph where as a stock WS6 will trap 106/107mph and with the mods you listed we are talking more in the realm of 112/113mph which is nearly 10mph higher than your stageII wrx is capable of.

If was a stock WS6 it would believable but still not probable (stock turbo wrx's do not pull on 6spd LS1's from roll) and to add in the mods you stated it just ridiculous.

I am not going to sit here in argue semantics and magazine times with you all night. The fact remains that if you really did beat this guy then either he has not NEARLY not even CLOSE to the mods you stated, or he is the single handed worst driver on earth.

You are the one arguing, If you want to set up a race, call me at 434-386-1054 and we will set up a time to run your WS6 (SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE ONE) You will realize that you won't pull on me like you think. If you don't have one, get your friends, or your moms, or whoever you know that has one.

And again I say, I DID NOT BEAT HIM, HE BEAT ME. I think you may need to go back to school and learn how to read.

You guys are only BS'ing yourselves. And you are just mad that you didn't wait for an 06, and you got stuck with the 2.slow instead of the beastly 2.5

Folks with an 06 won't put a BS flag, because we know what we have.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by wrxracer87
    Well as if it hasen't been said enough. I also find this very hard to believe. I have never raced an TA or a SS but I have seen them cut modded srt-4's all night long and then stg2 wrx's get pulled by about a car by the srt-4's. Basically LS1>modded srt-4's>stg. 2 wrx's. now i know there are exceptions. And it is true that i have never see an 06' run but it can't be that much faster than 02-05 wrx's. But people on this forum have not believed some of my kill's before but what you are claiming to have done is the equivilant of me beating a stock TA which i know can't be done. So in short i would love to believe you but I am going to have to through the flag

Ok I will meet you half way to show you (somewhere in NC). Let me know when. Or shut it.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by turbo9339

I have to agree with DTR. Something doesn't sound right here, whether it be his mods or the story.
    That is because you are mad that you didn't wait for an 06.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    Having longer gears doesn't help during at low speed like >100 mph, in fact, it will hurt the track time. Why do you think people are going with 4.10 gears or shorter. Now if this was a high speed race like 100+ mph, then longer gears would help you since shorter gears will run out of gears sooner.
    Umm, yes it does. Why do you think the EVO MR runs the same or slower 0-60 than the standard evo???? It is the extra shift to get there. The extra gears are better for road racing/autox.

Also, being a Chevy fan, you should know about the times of the 2 speed drag trans right? Why do you think that is? "what is 3 less shifts Alex"
    stupidman has spoken

I Support ClubWRX
    All this uncalled-for and irrelevant "other years suck compared to my awesome '06" talk just detracts from your credibility, and will in all likelihood just result in a locked thread. All bets are off if you're talking about modded cars, and believe me my friend, there are MANY modded '02-'05 WRX's represented on this board that would leave you for dead at the drag strip.

Like many have said before, anything can happen in a street race. LS1's just happen to be legendary for their out-of-box power and their modd-ability, in a way that WRX's (yes, even '06's) just aren't. That makes people wonder about your story.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Watch a Stock 06 WRX run a 13.74 @ 99 MPH With Stage 2 i will beleive you ran with him and possibly pulled him.. Good Race

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    All this uncalled-for and irrelevant "other years suck compared to my awesome '06" talk just detracts from your credibility, and will in all likelihood just result in a locked thread. All bets are off if you're talking about modded cars, and believe me my friend, there are MANY modded '02-'05 WRX's represented on this board that would leave you for dead at the drag strip.

Like many have said before, anything can happen in a street race. LS1's just happen to be legendary for their out-of-box power and their modd-ability, in a way that WRX's (yes, even '06's) just aren't. That makes people wonder about your story.

Ok, I am unsubscribed. Anyone can call me if you want to race. I am done on these boards. You guys cant handle the truth.

I never meant to put down the 02-05 wrx, but the truth is my car is faster than those years in stage 2 trim. I never mentioned anything about a fully modded 02-05 wrx. But it doesn't matter because I am unsubscribing to this sorry exuse for a thread.

No one on this board is willing to accept anyones claims if they don't fit into their little magic box.

I guess you and everyone else who has responded on this thread has driven/riden in/owned an 06 stage 2 wrx.

I hope this thread does get locked. Then when you hear about the 06's beating more and more cars, you can Nay Say to those people.

I joined this forum to help people out when they are making a decision about the car they want. I give it how I see it. it is possible the Trans Am was getting ready to blow up, and had a retarded driver. But the story is true nonetheless.

Peace out, and have fun.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-06
    Watch a Stock 06 WRX run a 13.74 @ 99 MPH With Stage 2 i will beleive you ran with him and possibly pulled him.. Good Race

AHHHH....Finally another 06er who "knows"
    stupidman has spoken

AHHHH....Finally another 06er who "knows"
    there is a fellow member who ran a 13.8 @ 97-98

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.