WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 - Page 15
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

This is a discussion on WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Wow, really? Not beating on lightly modded (stage 2) WRX's, but I really thought that WS6's ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Wow, really? Not beating on lightly modded (stage 2) WRX's, but I really thought that WS6's were quicker than that.

They are. Although I could usually beat them at stage 2 in the 1/4, one slight error on my part and they would scream on by. They trap a lot higher than any stage 2 impreza and it only gets worse the faster you go.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    My former stage 2 WRX ran a best of 13.39 at 100.8 mph with a 1.81 sixty foot time. My heavy ass Firehawk convertible (similar to a WS6) has run a best of 12.52 at 114.7 mph on a 2.0x sixty foot time and dynos at 400 rwhp. I can't envision any scenario on dry pavement over 60 mph where a WRX that traps less than 105 mph would ever be able to be remotely close to it...

If I ever notice a stock turboed 06 WRX hanging with me, I'll be sure to reconnect all my spark plug wires.
    Yeah well you have 400rwhp, if we are talking about a stock WS6 thats more like what 290rwhp, huge difference.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Wow, really? Not beating on lightly modded (stage 2) WRX's, but I really thought that WS6's were quicker than that.
    They are.

A lot of people have a lot of stories about beating this car, and walking that car, etc..
    First off, the 4AT in the LS1's were nothing special. From a roll, if a stageII catches an auto LS1 off guard, there is a very good chance the LS1 will get a poor downshift and the outcome will not be as expected. My buddy with an Auto non-ramair T/A convert. would sometimes lose to my bolt on wrx which trapped 100mph. Other times his tranny would get a better downshift at a better speed and he would put a solid 2 cars on me. Needless to say, a lot of LS1 kills that stageII wrx owners claim could very well be auto's (which are known for downshifting poorly).
    It all depends on way too many variables.

But when all is said and done, a 6MT WS6 should not have much trouble beating a stageII from a roll, and both should run pretty close in a 1/4mile.

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Yeah well you have 400rwhp, if we are talking about a stock WS6 thats more like what 290rwhp, huge difference.
    Yes, but the mods that Dan00hawk made 400whp on are the same mods that this "stupidman" is claiming the WS6 he ran had... PLUS race gas. So basically he is claiming he hung with or barely lost to a car that makes over 400whp, runs low 12's, and traps around 115mph... In his stageII wrx. I have seen 18G wrx's that have trouble with LS1's running those mods.

But yes, a stageII beating a stock WS6 is not that suprising.. Espeically if the WS6 had to potential to be auto.. way too much rides of a plethora of variables. In the end though, a stageII wrx is STILL not faster than a stock WS6 (machine vs machine).
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess I've been making the assumption of manual tranny vs. manual tranny, but then I suppose there are a gajillion auto-LS1's rolling around out there, aren't there.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

The best way to learn about other vehicles, is head to the track... Keep an eye on which cars are posting impressive times. Track down the driver, compliment him on his car, and ask him if he'll tell you a little bit about it. Sure, there are a few goofs running 14's in an a few LS1 cars, and there are also stock heads and cam ones with only boltons deep into the 12's and 11's. If you want to get to know "the enemy", just ask them a few polite questions, or quietly observe some of their message boards.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I guess I've been making the assumption of manual tranny vs. manual tranny, but then I suppose there are a gajillion auto-LS1's rolling around out there, aren't there.
    I couldn't tell you.. There are a fair share of 4AT LS1's running around though. We were talking manual tranny vs manual tranny, but the auto's are considerably slower from a roll so many of the stageII kills on LS1's could very well be auto's.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Its roughly 80% Auto, 20% Manual.

Manual was an option.
    04 Silver STi M6

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    Its roughly 80% Auto, 20% Manual.
    Manual was an option.
    That ratio doesn't surprise me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

A4, stall, DRs > M6 w/shorter gears, and DRs on the drag strip.

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    True.

A4/Stall/DR's
    ET>MPH

M6/Gears/Dr's
    ET<MPH
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

Wow this thread...
    2005 CGM STi

This is very true, but most auto enthusiests opt for the 6MT if they plan to mod unless they are looking for a strictly track car, in which case they often run the 4AT with highstall.
    In most cars that are rather fast a build AT is better for dragging than a 6MT or 5MT but very few build their cars up to make that advantage worth while.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    This is very true, but most auto enthusiests opt for the 6MT if they plan to mod unless they are looking for a strictly track car, in which case they often run the 4AT with highstall.
    In most cars that are rather fast a build AT is better for dragging than a 6MT or 5MT but very few build their cars up to make that advantage worth while.
    I honestly see more stalled autos out there than stock stalled ones in LS1's. It is very popular and a stock car with that, DR and gears will pull 1.7 60 footers....
    04 Silver STi M6

Don't get me wrong, I've yet to own AT sports car, mainly because of the fun factor of rowing through the gears since none of my cars ever became a trailored drag car. I was stating the benefit of AT car over MT on the track, the combination of AT/stall/DRs is pretty hard to beat.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    ... I was stating the benefit of AT car over MT on the track, the combination of AT/stall/DRs is pretty hard to beat.

+1

Case in point, my friends Lightning... full weight, 10.3 ET with a 1.4 60' time !!!

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning