WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 - Page 14
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

This is a discussion on WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Vinhtage wow this thread just took a huge turn to small ville...stupid man i dare u to ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinhtage
    wow this thread just took a huge turn to small ville...stupid man i dare u to go race an srt4.
    I think Stupidman should race Clark Kent.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Just to throw in my two cents, since this is a monkey turd tossing contest:

Stupid man, you did lose this race right? You stayed close and lost, I think. Your car is not nearly fast enough (yet) to be challenging anyone to a $1000 race, there are some serious cars here and a Cobb S2 is not even close to being the bad boy on the block.

Bobbo, your car is fast, and you seem like a really good driver with those times, but I found it really funny that you think you can hit 11s with on the Stock turbo because an Evo did it. While you may be able to hit 11s with the stock turbo eventually, you cannot base your car's ability on that of a totally different car (evo) with a bigger stock turbo. That just doesn't make sense. Anyway, I found that funny, but good luck getting to the 11s with the stock turbo. I don't think too many people have done that, so you will be in the elite few.

Southpaw, you smell like 2 week old tuna

Iam sorry if you guys think i was comparing an STi to an evo, I guess stupid man said theres no way i could hit 11s with a stock turbo. The evo being somewhat similar to an Sti can hit 11s with the mods i posted with the strock turbo.. i think i was just trying to get to the point that you dont neeed an aftermarket turbo to hit those times.... and yes iam well aware that i have upgrading to do! I get alot of people at the track and elsewhere dropping jaws not believing me i can even run 12.7 with the mods i have. o well
    12.1 @ 117

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    ohh..sorry for the confusion. A low 12 should be achievable with a good setup. You can run on just a downpipe for short durations...I just would not run it on a road course where you direct all that heat towards the tranny...not good for the tranny. I've ran on just a DP at the strip with no problems at all.
    For the headers, we are basically saying the same thing. Get some power on top, loose some on the bottom. Something to consider though is that with an aggressive tune, a header significantly lowers your EGTs...which is a VERY good thing. I personally havn't wanted to use them due to loss in grunt on the bottom end though.

Again...Good luck..and sorry for the confusion!
    yeah, i mean if iam hitting 12.4's ill be really really happy. But now that i see id be one of the few to achieve the 11 sec stock turbo project, it makes me motivated to do this!!!! In the spring, il post my times the first day at NED, from there ill talk to Dave and see what he thinks i need to run an 11, maybe i just need alot of luck like everyone keeps wishing me?
    12.1 @ 117

Isn't the only 39 inthe 11's a PR WRX?

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    <Off topic>
    I think I'm a Smallville convert, now. My wife and I are working our way through the first season set. I don't think she has any clue the effect Kristin has on me...

</Off topic>
    I can picture you watching it with a couch pillow on your lap

I think Stupidman should race Clark Kent.
    OMG

That had me rolling dude!

The man who is faster than a speeding bullet... Or the man with unbeatable 2.5L wrx POWAH!!!!!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I can picture you watching it with an exotic dancer on your lap
    I adjusted the fantasy to my liking.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Ooh!!! Fun game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I can picture you watching it with Donnie on your lap

your wife doesn't catch on to the fact that everytime you two watch the show you are all the sudden "in the mood" afterwards?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    your wife doesn't catch on to the fact that everytime you two watch the show you are all the sudden "in the mood" afterwards?
    No. It's nothing different from normal..
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Oh oh NOOOOOO! Not another bugeye thread!!!!
    Guys OK cut it man! Go change the baby, get so lovin, some rest, or something? This tread is more tired than a one-legged Rockette!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Post In defense of StupidMan...

I realized today that a friend of mine had raced a lightly modded WS6 the summer before last, in his then stage 2 '04 WRX. They were both actual set races, the first from a dig and the second from a 1st gear roll. Both runs were to about 85ish MPH. In the first run, the rex won by ~ 4 cars, and the second by ~2.

I think the WS6 had exhaust mods only, maybe an intake, but nothing crazy...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    I realized today that a friend of mine had raced a lightly modded WS6 the summer before last, in his then stage 2 '04 WRX. They were both actual set races, the first from a dig and the second from a 1st gear roll. Both runs were to about 85ish MPH. In the first run, the rex won by ~ 4 cars, and the second by ~2.

See, now the only reason I doubted him is the fact the he talked the other car up sooo much to make it sound way faster than it was and that his stage 2 kept up. Yeah like I kept up with a blown vette with this and that on it... oh man it was soooo fast but I kept up. Or if I just said, I kept up with a Vette today not sure of mods then I wouldnt get bashed quite as much. Stupidman I beleive you on the race I just dont think it had all you said. on a good run tho.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    Wow, really? Not beating on lightly modded (stage 2) WRX's, but I really thought that WS6's were quicker than that.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Smile

My former stage 2 WRX ran a best of 13.39 at 100.8 mph with a 1.81 sixty foot time. My heavy ass Firehawk convertible (similar to a WS6) has run a best of 12.52 at 114.7 mph on a 2.0x sixty foot time and dynos at 400 rwhp. I can't envision any scenario on dry pavement over 60 mph where a WRX that traps less than 105 mph would ever be able to be remotely close to it...

If I ever notice a stock turboed 06 WRX hanging with me, I'll be sure to reconnect all my spark plug wires.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'