WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 - Page 13
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

This is a discussion on WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by StupidMan Ok maybe this will help. I will withdraw all of my previous claims...and take the hit ...

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Ok maybe this will help.

I will withdraw all of my previous claims...and take the hit as a loser...

I will just be sure that next time, I have my video camera, so none of this happens....

Claims without proof are just that...Claims. Next time I will offer proof for my statements.
    Make sure you can some of that race gas smell also! Apply a label on the can that says "Race Gas Smell".
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SouthFL_9-2x
    Based on the fact that he can audibly distinguish a mild cam from a 20mph roll race, I'd say we're dealing with a guy with a very keen imagination.

He could probably tell by the engine sound how many degrees of timing he was pulling.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy

He could probably tell by the engine sound how many degrees of timing he was pulling.
    I bet he can! On the fly!
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

this thread is so amusing
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Extremely

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy

Actually I could tell the firing order of the pistons, as well as the heart rate of the driver.

Judging from the sound of whisping air around his car, I could tell the Coefficient of Drag, and the downforce being applied.

Also, I could smell what he had for lunch yesterday.
    stupidman has spoken

Actually, your avatar is much more entertaining on lonely nights Kristen is a hotty.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Actually, your avatar is much more entertaining on lonely nights Kristen is a hotty.
    You're damn right..... and dont forget it!!!

Kreuk > *
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    You're damn right..... and dont forget it!!!

Kreuk > *
    <Off topic>
    I think I'm a Smallville convert, now. My wife and I are working our way through the first season set. I don't think she has any clue the effect Kristin has on me...

</Off topic>
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 12-06-2005 at 12:07 PM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Lucky for me, my wife is a HUGE smallville fan. She has Tom Welling to look at, I have Kristen Kreuk.

We also watch "The Girls Next Door" together on Sundays....thats fun too...yay for Kendra.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    <Off topic>
    I think I'm a Smallville convert, now. My wife and I are working our way through the first season set. I don't think she has any clue Kristin has on me...

</Off topic>
    good man Ray. Continue watching because season one is kinda lame... Wait until seasons two, three, four, and five... It only gets better with each season and when the mythology of Superman and all the talk of his destiny and past starts is where you REALLY get hooked.

As for watching the season DVD's... I once watched 10 episodes IN A ROW from season three. I sat there for like 7 hours straight (about 42min each episode) only taking breaks to use the bathroom and eat.. and when eating I ate while I watched.

/ hijack
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    good man Ray. Continue watching because season one is kinda lame...
    Yeah, I'm anxious for a story that isn't "high school student is effected by kryptonite, goes crazy, Clark stops them and more awkwardness with Lana". I peaked ahead at a couple of 2nd season eps, and a 5th season, saw where it was going, and decided to stick with it.

also /hijack.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

wow this thread just took a huge turn to small ville...stupid man i dare u to go race an srt4.
    04 JBP WRX

PnP vf30 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Ummm..please point out to me where I said I know anything about cars

I do know a thing or two about our platform. For instance:
    Headers, in fact, do serve a purpose for stock turboed STi's. They provide an increase in HP and allow the engine to breath better at higher RPMs...thus increasing your trap speeds at the sacrifice to a slightly less torquey bottom end. And I'm trying to figure out what the "something else that cooperates well with the stock turbo" is. Maybe nitrous?

I also didn't see anything about split wastegate or bellmouth, water or alchy injection (which you will need with the advanced timing you'll be running to prevent det).

You might want to look at an efficiency curve or two for the VF39, and then readjust your thinking about hitting 11.9 with a stock turbo.

Using the Evo as a comparison is a bit off, since they can put out a few psi more boost than the STi and the gearing is not the same.

I guess I read in your sig a few "estimates" and kind of shrug. You appear to be basing your end result on current estimates (not reality) and on a buddies car that isn't even the same...and one that is known for a better top end I might add.
    Maybe, if you do the following, your goal might be achieved:
    1. Gutted car
    2. Larger TMIC or FMIC with CAI
    3. Split wastegate DP with open flow exhaust (heck...just run with the DP and no exhaust)
    4. Cams
    5. Headers
    6. Utec, Cobb ST, incorporating launch control and pre-boost, and one helluva good tune on 110 octane.
    7. Slicks
    8. Stronger axles
    9. Probably a stronger clutch.
    10. Oh yeah... a helmet

With those, and an incredibly hard launch, you might do it.

More power to you. Please keep us updated on your endeavor. I wish you luck and I'll be the first to congatulate you if you hit 11s.

YBNORMAL in the first post you quoted from me, that wasnt directed to you, that was to Stupidman, i know you know alot about cars, sorry for the confusion. anyhoo, iam lookin at txs top mounts for the furtue, and i do already have a stage 1 clutch from ACT, what i was saying about the headers though, someone that knew alot about them made a post about everything you can know about them and said what i said. i also talked to some kids with STi's at F1 dyno and they were saying that my up-pipe is kinda useless to change because its already catless, and everyone i know says that if you have a stock turbo, headers take away your bottom end power. But what ill do is talk to Dave from F1dyno this saterday when i get my car UTEC and dynoed, and mention the addons you suggested, and ill take it from there. also the only thing estimated in my sig is what ill run after the UTEC and tuned, ive asked a hundred people what they think ill run and there talking 12.3-12.4.. ohh and i also hear that if i ran just the downpipe, it creates too much heat or something like that.. umm yeah that would be loud! but ill keep you updated.
    12.1 @ 117

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbo
    YBNORMAL in the first post you quoted from me, that wasnt directed to you, that was to Stupidman, i know you know alot about cars, sorry for the confusion. anyhoo, iam lookin at txs top mounts for the furtue, and i do already have a stage 1 clutch from ACT, what i was saying about the headers though, someone that knew alot about them made a post about everything you can know about them and said what i said. i also talked to some kids with STi's at F1 dyno and they were saying that my up-pipe is kinda useless to change because its already catless, and everyone i know says that if you have a stock turbo, headers take away your bottom end power. But what ill do is talk to Dave from F1dyno this saterday when i get my car UTEC and dynoed, and mention the addons you suggested, and ill take it from there. also the only thing estimated in my sig is what ill run after the UTEC and tuned, ive asked a hundred people what they think ill run and there talking 12.3-12.4.. ohh and i also hear that if i ran just the downpipe, it creates too much heat or something like that.. umm yeah that would be loud! but ill keep you updated.
    ohh..sorry for the confusion. A low 12 should be achievable with a good setup. You can run on just a downpipe for short durations...I just would not run it on a road course where you direct all that heat towards the tranny...not good for the tranny. I've ran on just a DP at the strip with no problems at all.
    For the headers, we are basically saying the same thing. Get some power on top, loose some on the bottom. Something to consider though is that with an aggressive tune, a header significantly lowers your EGTs...which is a VERY good thing. I personally havn't wanted to use them due to loss in grunt on the bottom end though.

Again...Good luck..and sorry for the confusion!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums