06 wrx vs srt-4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 wrx vs srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know a lot of srt posts have come up. I have raced four so far with my 06 and ...

06 wrx vs srt-4

I know a lot of srt posts have come up. I have raced four so far with my 06 and have beat them without a problem. I wouldn't even say it was neck to neck because I have won by anywhere from 1-3 car lengths. I was just wondering how fast the srts are supposed to be. I have allways been told that they are faster than the wrx but I have not been able to prove this theory. Of course my wrx is still stock and the srt's were stock. Can someone shed some light on this topic for me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

06s are faster than 05s and below....

You beat all four? I'm impressed with the 06 WRX, I should've waited. But was this done from a stop, or roll? From stop I wouldn't be surprised. I beat my little brother's SRT-4 from a stop, I put quite a big margin between us. From a roll is a different story, I got destroyed.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

the SRT's still dyno much higher than 06's. and 06's are up to 100lbs heavier than 05's and below. plus, i hate to magazine race, but you have to admit we haven't seen any published times that would justify 06's being that much faster than previous iterations.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Destroyed would have to be from a dig. No way destroy would come from a roll.

The stock shifter on the SRT4 is horrible. I mean really horrible. Its like shifting a diesel truck. I put a Maddog 58% redux in and i can now shift faster than i blink. It didnt add any HP but it did give you alot of valuable shift time back which is crucial.

Ive got to see what the hype is behind these 06's. Any one with a 06 WRX in my area wanna hook up for some friendly runs?
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Three of em were from a stop. and one of em was from a 20mph roll. I thought the srt was quicker. I know what you mean about the shifters being horrible in those cars though. I was looking at an srt before I bought my rex and the shifter felt like a toy. These races could have also been the difference in drivers. I am nowhere near the best, but everyone screws up every now and then by missing a shift or something. I can't wait to start modding tho 06. I will probobally wait until the spring and go cobb stage 2. I wish I had a nearby track to race at. The local drag strip just got shutdown because they built low income housing around it and the people who bought the houses complained it was too loud. Don't you just love the way politics work.
    Last edited by 06-wrx; 12-04-2005 at 09:13 PM.

sooooo jealous of the 2.5

eh, bugeyes rule still
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

What is the stock 2006 WRX's typical hp/tq and et/trap speed? Just wondering.

im not sure about the 06's #'s. I know they claim 230hp and 235 ft. lbs. torque. I am not sure of the specifics though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by capt'n'caveman
    sooooo jealous of the 2.5

eh, bugeyes rule still
    Just do what I did, put a 2.5 in your bugeye
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I would love to put 2.5 in my bugeye...

Faster 4 Sure

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    the SRT's still dyno much higher than 06's. and 06's are up to 100lbs heavier than 05's and below. plus, i hate to magazine race, but you have to admit we haven't seen any published times that would justify 06's being that much faster than previous iterations.
    I owned an 04 for 2 years, got an 06 a few weeks ago, definitly faster!!! U must not have drove an 06 yet. (by the way, I'm new to this forum thing so let me know if this is the proper way to respond)

Quote Originally Posted by skyjock41
    Destroyed would have to be from a dig. No way destroy would come from a roll.

The stock shifter on the SRT4 is horrible. I mean really horrible. Its like shifting a diesel truck. I put a Maddog 58% redux in and i can now shift faster than i blink. It didnt add any HP but it did give you alot of valuable shift time back which is crucial.

Ive got to see what the hype is behind these 06's. Any one with a 06 WRX in my area wanna hook up for some friendly runs?
    just curious what's the "CC" stand for on ur SRT4? must be cool to own a pretty quick srt4 AND wrx
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

the 06 weighs 100lbs more and has 3 more hp...I cant beleive there is that much of a difference from the 02-05s. I have heard that a stock 06 is like a stage 1 04---which isnt bad...but still not that much faster than stock.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    the 06 weighs 100lbs more and has 3 more hp...I cant beleive there is that much of a difference from the 02-05s. I have heard that a stock 06 is like a stage 1 04---which isnt bad...but still not that much faster than stock.
    Area under the curve my friend. The 2.5 gives a lot more grunt down low and in the midrange. It's not just the peak power that you need to look at...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.