06 wrx vs srt-4 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 wrx vs srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; stock for stock a srt will kill a stock wrx, they put a lot more power then a stock wrx...

stock for stock a srt will kill a stock wrx, they put a lot more power then a stock wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    stock for stock a srt will kill a stock wrx, they put a lot more power then a stock wrx
    +1.

I originally started this thread to ask opinions and tell what happened. I wasn't looking to bash anyone. I didn't say I was the best driver or my car is the fastest. When this event happened my car was bone stock. Everyone is responding by calling everyone liars and that sort of thing. I don't have anything against the srt-4. I actually looked into purchasing one before I got my rex.

Quote Originally Posted by shortyswrx
    i raced an 2004 srt-4 with dump tube and i don't know what else. he told me but i forgot. but man it was loud as poo. but i have the cobb stage two and it was neck and neck till 3rd and then i slowly pulled ahead then once i hit 4th it was over i really started to pull. started from a 2nd gear roll. i had a guy in my car that owns a bugeye and he was really impressed. also raced another buyeye with stage 2 and boost controller and we were neck and neck then i hit fourth then i steadily pulled away.
    yep 4th gears a *****.. and i got it all on tape. Just wished i would of have the lens cap off when the mach 1 when in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by hksboxer05
    I read in a magazine last weekend that they dynoed an 06 wrx and it had 240 horses(to the flywheel of course)I wish i could remember what magazine it was.
    how do you dyno what something has to the flywheel? do you pull the engine? I have never heard of this--
    I think what you might mean is that a stock STi dynoed 240whp---I dont think a stock wrx (even an 06) would be hitting STi territory like that.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

i read the same mag

it was in dsport mag. but i heard the numbers were high. a stock 06 wrx dyno'd 206whp. then with a cat back and SRI it dyno'd at 221.7whp. it said that it was on a Dynamic Test Systems $-whell dyno. jsut repeating what i read. but iheard that those numbers where pretty high.

stock for stock the SRT wins, add $3500 your up over 330whp, If I put the money into my SRT that i've put into my STI I'd be looking at a 9 sec car Alot of people see a NEON when they look at the SRT but I wouldn't give mine up!!!

srt-4

just curious what a the stage's in a srt-4 are?

stage1-whp?
    stage2-whp?
    stage3-whp?

stage 2 for an srt is better than stage 2 protuned 06 wrx?

Quote Originally Posted by shortyswrx
    just curious what a the stage's in a srt-4 are?

stage1-whp?
    stage2-whp?
    stage3-whp?

stage 2 for an srt is better than stage 2 protuned 06 wrx?
    Basically a stage one is only for the 03 year, it upgrades the car to 04 specs:230hp-250trq

stage 2 w/o toys: 260hp, 280trq $859.99

stage 2 w/ toys: 265hp, 280trq $1389.99

stage 3 w/o toys: 310hp, 325trq $3019.99

stage 3 w/ toys: 355hp, 365trq $3624.99

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    how do you dyno what something has to the flywheel? do you pull the engine? I have never heard of this--
    I think what you might mean is that a stock STi dynoed 240whp---I dont think a stock wrx (even an 06) would be hitting STi territory like that.

No, I know what I meant. Every magazine that you may read is talking about horses to the flywheel. When anyone says an sti has 300 horses, its to the flywheel. I dont remember exactly how many horses it has to the wheels but I think it's around 265. I'm not trying to sound like a prick, this is only what I read. I'm sure that if you read around someone will tell you that most horsepower ratings are talking about the flywheel unless specified otherwise.

I have an 05 wrx and supposedly it has 189-190 horses to the wheels.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    + 2

I test drove a 06' WRX TR model and I was impressed with the added low end torque. It did have a little more grunt than my 02' WRX did stock. But a stock SRT-4 would kill a stock 06' WRX from a roll. A race from a dig would still be drivers race.

Quote Originally Posted by KurleeDaddeeWRX
    + 2

I test drove a 06' WRX TR model and I was impressed with the added low end torque. It did have a little more grunt than my 02' WRX did stock. But a stock SRT-4 would kill a stock 06' WRX from a roll. A race from a dig would still be drivers race.

kill it no, have a slight advantage yes. a 1-3mph differnce in trap speed is more a drivers race and conditions of the race then anything else. as much as i luv my srt4 the new wrx has stepped it up. i'd own one tomorrow if i could.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

aside from that, another advantage it the srt has is it has more horsepower and weighs less

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hksboxer05
    aside from that, another advantage it the srt has is it has more horsepower and weighs less
    Actually the low end and total torque helps the SRT-4 more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.