06 wrx vs srt-4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 wrx vs srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jlagace just curious what's the "CC" stand for on ur SRT4? must be cool to own a ...

Quote Originally Posted by jlagace
    just curious what's the "CC" stand for on ur SRT4? must be cool to own a pretty quick srt4 AND wrx
    Catch Can. The stock set up has oil dumping into your intercooler.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    Area under the curve my friend. The 2.5 gives a lot more grunt down low and in the midrange. It's not just the peak power that you need to look at...
    I dont know...I still dont really buy it. People race bad drivers and then claim to be 'faster' than someone eles.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Regardless of the above story, the '06 wrx is quicker than any previous version. Am I saying that an stock '06 wrx can beat a stock SRT-4? Nope. I have no idea if it can or can't...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

i wonder why they still call it the wrx in America since its now out of WRC spec... what with the 2.5 that only America gets...

but anyways.... We all know how much anecdotal evidence of encounters with other drivers are...
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

I Support ClubWRX
    The '06 is up 3hp on paper, but it's putting down 20-30 more whp than the '02-'05. Check out Cobb's graphs. It's also putting out something like 270 lb.-ft. stock. I haven't seen any published times on the '06 - they've all been estimate so far, as far as I know.

I'm waiting on a full magazine test. The '06 should be in the 13's in the 1/4.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    The '06 is up 3hp on paper, but it's putting down 20-30 more whp than the '02-'05. Check out Cobb's graphs. It's also putting out something like 270 lb.-ft. stock. I haven't seen any published times on the '06 - they've all been estimate so far, as far as I know.

Two mags have tested it. Both have gotten low 14's. I think that once some good drivers get their hands on it though some high 13's should be seen. The thing about the 06' is that in the whole scheme of things (1/4mile) the cars are actually pretty similarly with the 06' being a bit ahead obviously. The 06's extra torque and horsepower is more of a daily driveability thing because it creates more useable power throughout the band, but peak horsepower is not dramatically increased. You will find the more substantial difference in the full powerband as opposed to the peak.

Nonetheless, I think the car is DEF. capable of higher 13's and I cannot wait to see if one gets into 12's with stageII on stock turbo.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I believe he beat them. 20 mph in an srt4 is a dead spot. 1st gear will go up in smoke and 2nd gear has really bad lag. I've raced my buds STI, from an 30-40 mph i'd get him. A 20 role and he would bog and i'd have to short shift into 2nd, which put us dead even.

P.S i was stg 0 when this happened.
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96

the 06 also weighs 200+ more pounds.

oh and 270 tq... you're dreamin' buddy.... more like 250 max.

I would say the have 240hp 250tq at teh crank, and they are good for a 13.9, 13.8 MAX.

I haven't really kept up that much with the 06's, but hows the 06 STi compare to the previous models? Is a substantial difference like the 06's compared to the older models?
    2005 CGM STi

The '06 STi is the same engine as the 04-05, correct me if I'm wrong--so there wouldnt be much of a difference other than weight issues..

the point of the debate is that the wrx format changed from an 2.0 to a 2.5 producing higher numbers on paper, and apparently..much higher props on the street. I have to admit....the 06 sounds pretty sweet from what people are reporting. Originally (and I think DTR said this a while ago) I heard that the 06 was pretty much like an 02-05 with an AP stage 1 (about 190whp) and much smoother. Now I hear of them beating SRTs from a roll and hitting high 13s in the track bone stock---thats impressive.

and if a Stage 2 hits 12s on the stock turbo--that will be very impressive--and depressing knowing my stage 2 is good for mid 13s (maybe)
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Call me ignorant if you want, just for the simple fact the SRT4 is a Dodge, and every time I see it I think Neon is enough to make me never own anything like that. Now I am not saying its not fast, bust its just to ugly of a car to ever even think about owning. Oh and for the record, some little teeny bopper around the corner just got his SRT4 and he is already calling me out......real cool.

Nick

schoolloans
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    The '06 STi is the same engine as the 04-05, correct me if I'm wrong--so there wouldnt be much of a difference other than weight issues..

the point of the debate is that the wrx format changed from an 2.0 to a 2.5 producing higher numbers on paper, and apparently..much higher props on the street. I have to admit....the 06 sounds pretty sweet from what people are reporting. Originally (and I think DTR said this a while ago) I heard that the 06 was pretty much like an 02-05 with an AP stage 1 (about 190whp) and much smoother. Now I hear of them beating SRTs from a roll and hitting high 13s in the track bone stock---thats impressive.

and if a Stage 2 hits 12s on the stock turbo--that will be very impressive--and depressing knowing my stage 2 is good for mid 13s (maybe)
    You've never "heard" about an 06 hitting high 13's on the track. To date, no one has done it. 14.1 to 14.5 are whats been seen so far. This is all speculation. A stage II will most likely NOT be in the 12's. It has the same peak power as a 02-05 Stage II as well as a similar powerband in the higher RPMS (where it will be running in the 1/4). WIth the same top end, more weight, and taller gearing, I fail to see how anyone would think it would be in the 12's on a stock turbo and OTS map...

All that torque is good for around town drivability, on the strip however, it means much less...

Quote Originally Posted by 06-wrx
    im not sure about the 06's #'s. I know they claim 230hp and 235 ft. lbs. torque. I am not sure of the specifics though.
    I read in a magazine last weekend that they dynoed an 06 wrx and it had 240 horses(to the flywheel of course)I wish i could remember what magazine it was.

srt-4

i raced an 2004 srt-4 with dump tube and i don't know what else. he told me but i forgot. but man it was loud as poo. but i have the cobb stage two and it was neck and neck till 3rd and then i slowly pulled ahead then once i hit 4th it was over i really started to pull. started from a 2nd gear roll. i had a guy in my car that owns a bugeye and he was really impressed. also raced another buyeye with stage 2 and boost controller and we were neck and neck then i hit fourth then i steadily pulled away.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    the 06 weighs 100lbs more and has 3 more hp...I cant beleive there is that much of a difference from the 02-05s. I have heard that a stock 06 is like a stage 1 04---which isnt bad...but still not that much faster than stock.
    What about the 2006 TR model? They're pretty stripped. They probably don't weigh any more than what a 2005 weighs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.