dumb SRT4 - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 116

This is a discussion on dumb SRT4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; SRT-4 aztek anyone?...

  1. #46
    Registered User i8yourV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    385
    SRT-4 aztek anyone?
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Banned sonicrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ask you mom
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    nice so all a srt4s need is 150buck wastgate and your seeing tails again. not from a stop of course unless he can use slicks which makes it like 450 then from a dig. which of course all racing should be done at a track where you can use slicks.
    well you are talking some smack too. when ya going to roll up against me. better bring a your A game ,and your super sound bov to make me see tails.i will even go from a roll with ya oh yeah i don't need slicks to be fast.
    Last edited by sonicrx; 12-09-2005 at 07:04 AM.

  4. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    80
    i was shocked that a year or 2 old GTO can be bought for 20k, i wonder if many srt4 owners realized that when they shelled that out for theirs. Not critisizing just personally would rather have the 350 hp rwd gto than a fwd turbo neon.

  5. #49
    Registered User 03EBZ06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Near St. Louis
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by autowagon
    i was shocked that a year or 2 old GTO can be bought for 20k, i wonder if many srt4 owners realized that when they shelled that out for theirs. Not critisizing just personally would rather have the 350 hp rwd gto than a fwd turbo neon.
    Yeah, 2004 GTOs could be had for fairly decent price. It has much better interior, more hp (stock) and is RWD (matter of preference, same with looks). However, GTO is a very heavy car and isn't much faster than the well driven SRT4, and is bland looking (again, subjective) and can get lost among other bland looking pontiacs. The younger crowd (in most cases) wants a car with looks of "in your face" which will stand out against other cars, to be different and SRT4 to certain extent fills that desire even though SRT4 is cheaply made.

  6. #50
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    well you are talking some smack too. when ya going to roll up against me. better bring a your A game ,and your super sound bov to make me see tails.i will even go from a roll with ya oh yeah i don't need slicks to be fast.

    i've read some of your posts before, your as cocky as i am. heck i'll spot you 3 cars and the jump. let me know when your scoob is trapping 130 then come and talk.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 12-09-2005 at 04:29 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  7. #51
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,911
    130 traps huh, what kind of et's you cutting with those?

  8. #52
    Registered User JOHN91709's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    So-Cal
    Posts
    1,713
    trapping 130
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

  9. #53
    Registered User 03EBZ06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Near St. Louis
    Posts
    141
    If he is putting down 500 whp like his sig states then I don't see why he can't trap 130 mph.

  10. #54
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    130 traps huh, what kind of et's you cutting with those?

    not nearly what other proper driveline cars are. only low 11s. 11.2,11.3 or so. power is not the issue as cars with 400hp and 125traps also are running the same ets. fwd just sux for drag racing. i posted an old slip awhile ago on here when i first got the car back with a 12.0@119 with everday street tune. went back later with 8more psi of boost, meth inejction cams aand gears tuned on c16 race fuel. never scanned the slip as the scanner is unusable with the new pc i have. xp64bit sux with old drivers.

    link, simalar setup, i have a larger turbo with alil more boost he has a ported head with cams and i only have cams
    http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...light=dbb+dyno
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 12-09-2005 at 06:41 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  11. #55
    Banned sonicrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ask you mom
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    i've read some of your posts before, your as cocky as i am. heck i'll spot you 3 cars and the jump. let me know when your scoob is trapping 130 then come and talk.
    i am ready when ever you are,and i will take your offer .lets say 5,000 and i will make it another 5,000 if you trap 130. this is why the srt people are retards . you just proved everyones point. so i suggest you shut the ole pie hole and step up. i may be cocky ,but i know i can back it up

  12. #56
    Banned sonicrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ask you mom
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    130 traps huh, what kind of et's you cutting with those?
    the only thing he is cutting is a fart because he is talking out of his rectum

  13. #57
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    i am ready when ever you are,and i will take your offer .lets say 5,000 and i will make it another 5,000 if you trap 130. this is why the srt people are retards . you just proved everyones point. so i suggest you shut the ole pie hole and step up. i may be cocky ,but i know i can back it up

    yeah i'm not gonna touch that way to easy. well how would you like to prove the cars setup? my track is closed for the winter and there is 6inches of snow on the ground other than what this limits me too i'm open for options? i have 2 other clubwrx members that have bin in the car and can vouch for it and the times and if you really want i can get a video of the cars lopie idle with cams and post pics of the turbo too.

    so whats your car run? with the est: hp figures in your sig there. do you est a mid 11s at 120? even seen a track or is the glass 02-3 tranny gonna puke at the first time you try to launch that much power? but be realistic name calling and generalizing is just like every other forum. i like to talk alil smack as does everyone else but i can have a real conversation over realistic things, which racing someone from hundreds of miles away is not i couldn't care less what people think of the cars drivers but i do speak up when miss information about the car abilties is said. like the last 40threads on how srts can't handle and are going to blow up at 50k with anymods at all.

    please i'm not some newbie 16year old with daddys money.

    edit: i did find the 12.0@119 slip on the comp if you'd like that. but i know its no where near 130mph.

    http://dodge2004neonsrt.tripod.com/pics/

    pics of my car with slicks on (white rims) and underhood shot of my GTS-58 w/ GT 30 compressor wheel, 63 a/r, stage 4 turbine wheel and tdo5 housing
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 12-09-2005 at 06:56 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  14. #58
    Banned sonicrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ask you mom
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    yeah i'm not gonna touch that way to easy. well how would you like to prove the cars setup? my track is closed for the winter and there is 6inches of snow on the ground other than what this limits me too i'm open for options? i have 2 other clubwrx members that have bin in the car and can vouch for it and the times and if you really want i can get a video of the cars lopie idle with cams and post pics of the turbo too.

    so whats your car run? with the est: hp figures in your sig there. do you est a mid 11s at 120? even seen a track or is the glass 02-3 tranny gonna puke at the first time you try to launch that much power? but be realistic name calling and generalizing is just like every other forum. i like to talk alil smack as does everyone else but i can have a real conversation over realistic things, which racing someone from hundreds of miles away is not i couldn't care less what people think of the cars drivers but i do speak up when miss information about the car abilties is said. like the last 40threads on how srts can't handle and are going to blow up at 50k with anymods at all.

    please i'm not some newbie 16year old with daddys money.

    edit: i did find the 12.0@119 slip on the comp if you'd like that. but i know its no where near 130mph.
    well i am 39 years old with nothing but money to spend on my car,and i think you will lose if 12.0 is your best time. i was able to get a 12.54 at 114 with a vf34 setup. i am a wee bit bigger since the 34. i had a 20g that pooped. not saying you don't have cams or your car does not have a lope to the idle,but in all honesty not trash talking you will lose the quarter if your pulling 12's. i stick up for srts as they are hands down stock for stock faster than 02,03 wrx's .i would still never buy one,but they are fast. now sti's i have not seen one stock srt pull a stock sti.also my trans has been through hell and back i launch like a mad man,and it is stock no mods to it, and no failures. they are only as good as the driver working them. sorry all you subie guys that think you are great drivers , but i have not had a problem except when i put redline in my trans,other than that i dump the clutch,and bang gears,and in the spring if you would like i would drive half way to a drag strip for a day of racing

  15. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    274
    all i know is that magazines trap the SRT4 at like 101mph and the STI at 102mph. that's enough to get my respect for an engineering marvel
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

  16. #60
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    well i am 39 years old with nothing but money to spend on my car,and i think you will lose if 12.0 is your best time. i was able to get a 12.54 at 114 with a vf34 setup. i am a wee bit bigger since the 34. i had a 20g that pooped. not saying you don't have cams or your car does not have a lope to the idle,but in all honesty not trash talking you will lose the quarter if your pulling 12's. i stick up for srts as they are hands down stock for stock faster than 02,03 wrx's .i would still never buy one,but they are fast. now sti's i have not seen one stock srt pull a stock sti.also my trans has been through hell and back i launch like a mad man,and it is stock no mods to it, and no failures. they are only as good as the driver working them. sorry all you subie guys that think you are great drivers , but i have not had a problem except when i put redline in my trans,other than that i dump the clutch,and bang gears,and in the spring if you would like i would drive half way to a drag strip for a day of racing

    car is daily driven high 11s/low12s at 120 at 22psi and 94 octane but the car really shines with 28spi, meth injection and c16. car ran best in aug 11.3@128 with a 1.84 60ft. i'm sure if i ever got to a well prepped track and had a better driver then it coud do tens but thats all speculation. i raced a friends stock sti 3times in my stock srt4 i lost by a fender each time from 40-60-80 rolls. obvious reasons for no dig races. get back with me come spring will see what we can arrange. lord knows what my car will have by then or if ill even have it. i might ditch it for a evo or change to a bigger turbo with a built motor i dunno.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •