dumb SRT4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on dumb SRT4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Those of you who back the neons in saying they will pull a s/wrx from a DIG. You obviously can ...

Those of you who back the neons in saying they will pull a s/wrx from a DIG. You obviously can not drive your car to its full potential.... unless of course it has slicks or all bolt ons and some E/M a good drive will pull that POS neon that cant hook up for its life.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by FASTWAGON03
    12.96@102.4
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I mean thsoe mods together. Anything short of that combination can be beat with a good driver.

A SRT4 will go fast in a straight line, but they really don't handle like a suby.

racing from a roll =
    racing from a dig =
    2002 wrx silver

here we go again

listen guys, to put down an SRT like that is juvenile. there's more than enough information and research over the internet to justify that the SRT is just a faster car.

the whole "from a dig" approach will be the battle cry of WRX owners for years to come, until the WRX actually becomes faster (and by then, much heavier) than the SRT. and i also had an 03 for 60K miles, so please excuse me if i don't see much sense in ruining, beating on, or grenading a transmission just to be able to hang with one of those anyway. with a regular takeoff that won't ruin your clutch or tranny, the WRX still gets smoked.

of course i would take the WRX over the SRT any day, but give credit where credit is due. we're becoming just as juvenile as SRT owners by all this ignorant bashing.

and i gotta say getting into the 12's is a great accomplishment; it shows you've modded smartly, and carefully, and know how to drive as well.

just remember it would've been much cheaper in an SRT.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

yes its cool that its has turbo BUT the suby is just better car and keep in mind that subys are awd and were never a drag car.
    i would like to see a SRT 4 in the snow handle like a wrx dose. with that said at least it has 4 wheels 4 doors and a turbo!

Chances are that owner spent to much time in the war stories forum where people post about wacking f16's and R1's in stock cars. So they just can't accept the fact they've been beaten.

how come when your rollin in your suby your stoped at a light and a retarded SRT4 pulls up and wants to race and no matter how many times you beat him he still wants to race you again and allways has a reason why he lost!

lol

sigh... you can never educate them all.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I was reading in the new motor trend, and a srt-4 with suspension mods, actually pulled better in the lateral skid pad than the new sti :-x I don't think it an generally out handle the wrx, and I have respect for wrx's they aren't bad on the road course... but "snow racing" who does that? it's hard to measure snow racing.... it's not like just anyone can go do that. I'm not bashing wrx's, but when you make fun of a srt driver, you are being equally ignorant yourself.... that's my 2 cents
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

So a modded car beat a stock one, amazing.

Snow racing is pretty big here in the midwest and just about anyone can do it.

Well if you own a WRX then your cool, intelligent, above all else.....your dukes dont stink on the way out.

But if you own a SRT4 then your a punk 16 yr old street racer kid that hangs out at Taco Bells Parking lot, bumping the latest 50 Cent throwing down your street cred to your peeps.

I really dont fit that mold but what the heck eh.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

yes its cool that its has turbo BUT the suby is just better car and keep in mind that subys are awd and were never a drag car.
    i would like to see a SRT 4 in the snow handle like a wrx dose. with that said at least it has 4 wheels 4 doors and a turbo!
    yeah let's count how many times someone posts in here and said, " i took on a xxx from a roll and outhandled him in twisties....we let off at 40mph when things got scary."

and saying "BUT the suby is just better" is not an argument, it's an opinion based on no facts.

the ACR is cheaper than even a WRX TR and will run head to head with STi's all day long. not to mention the drivetrain is as bulletproof as it gets these days.

like i said i'd take a WRX any day but stop and think before you diss an SRT, the ACR is by far the most purpose built track car you can have short of an STi or EVO
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I've got some facts.
    fwd < *

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.