05 wrx vs. 06 cobalt ss
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 wrx vs. 06 cobalt ss within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a pretty much stock 05 wrx and ive been challenged to a race against my friends stock 06 ...

05 wrx vs. 06 cobalt ss

I have a pretty much stock 05 wrx and ive been challenged to a race against my friends stock 06 cobalt ss. I know nothing about the cobalts simple because they just dont appeal to me. SO what do you think, me or him?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

From a stop to 80 - You
    From a roll - Him

They are quick little buggers when the get going...
    Jamie
    John 3:3
    XTi

Quote Originally Posted by vortmax
    From a stop to 80 - You
    From a roll - Him

They are quick little buggers when the get going...
    Just tell him what I tell the guy I work with who has a 04 S2000. "Let me pick when and where and sure." It would be pretty close and highly dependant on driver though atleast according to the specs. From a stop you should be able to beat him. Either way it would be fun and close.

I had a run in in with about a month ago, he said he had some intake (sorry don't know the name?), but it definatley made his SC much louder. but anyway from a stop I had him every time (oh I should say i was stock) But when we went from a highway roll he pulled away from me rather quickly.
    I am trying to set up another race once I go Stage 2, since now I hear the owner bought a smaller pulley and is claiming he walks STi'!
    Stock or something close to it.....

I'd be interested to see what a stock WRX would do against a stock Colbalt SS, with equal drivers

the colbaltss posts faster times than the stock 2.0l wrx's . i think the 06 wrx might have the edge though wit the 2.5l

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    the colbaltss posts faster times than the stock 2.0l wrx's . i think the 06 wrx might have the edge though wit the 2.5l
    i respectably disagree. i have a hunch that the 2.5L will make power delivery more elastic but I don't think outcomes will change given a good stretch of road.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    I have to disagree, most post on the cobalt forums seem to put it in the mid to high 14's at best. The wrx should be low 14's, as long as you get a good launch he wont catch you. I think the cobalt's only trap like 95 so that's probably not much more than a wrx either.

just race him from a stop, since thats the true way of racing.
    as for going from a roll he will probaly beat you.

I have read to many stories from colbaltss.net that a stock SS can keep up or beat 350z's,G35's, and Sti's. Even mildly modded wrx's. This just makes me want to take one on just to see if its true.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

Quote Originally Posted by subyguy
    just race him from a stop, since thats the true way of racing.
    as for going from a roll he will probaly beat you.

I have read to many stories from colbaltss.net that a stock SS can keep up or beat 350z's,G35's, and Sti's. Even mildly modded wrx's. This just makes me want to take one on just to see if its true.

The SS = the next SRT-4

All of them will be owned by 16 year old kids.

Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    I have to disagree, most post on the cobalt forums seem to put it in the mid to high 14's at best. The wrx should be low 14's, as long as you get a good launch he wont catch you. I think the cobalt's only trap like 95 so that's probably not much more than a wrx either.
    All I know is that I followed a stock looking one from a roll and didn't gain as quickly as I would've expected. I think a stock WRX would get steadily walked.
    Jamie
    John 3:3
    XTi

i'm running stage 2 and my buddy's brother in-law has one. From a stop there nothing. From a roll i still pull but who knows i never raced him when i was stock. After researching this cars........WRX vs SS Cobalt, thats WRX all the way, my jeep could beat one of these.

205 hp race-inspired Ecotec 2.0-liter supercharged four-cylinder engine and five-speed manual transmission
    Nürburgring-developed chassis, suspension and brakes
    18-inch wheels and performance tires
    Distinctive exterior and interior styling - front and rear fascia extensions, custom rocker moldings, high rear decklid spoiler, color-keyed front- and rear-seat inserts, boost gauge

SS numbers
    Top speed : 143 mph
    0-60 mph : 6.4 sec.
    0-¼ mile : 14.9 sec @ 95.5 mph (hang with a rex HA)
    60-0 braking distance : 121 ft(estimated)
    200 ft skidpad : 0.86 g
    Driving a WRX is like having a big d*ck; it's not immediately obvious to everyone, but you have to just rest assured that when it comes time to put it to use, you won't need to explain a whole lot afterwards!!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...07/devilZ1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pele0107
    i'm running stage 2 and my buddy's brother in-law has one. From a stop there nothing. From a roll i still pull but who knows i never raced him when i was stock. After researching this cars........WRX vs SS Cobalt, thats WRX all the way, my jeep could beat one of these.

205 hp race-inspired Ecotec 2.0-liter supercharged four-cylinder engine and five-speed manual transmission
    Nürburgring-developed chassis, suspension and brakes
    18-inch wheels and performance tires
    Distinctive exterior and interior styling - front and rear fascia extensions, custom rocker moldings, high rear decklid spoiler, color-keyed front- and rear-seat inserts, boost gauge

SS numbers
    Top speed : 143 mph
    0-60 mph : 6.4 sec.
    0-¼ mile : 14.9 sec @ 95.5 mph (hang with a rex HA)
    60-0 braking distance : 121 ft(estimated)
    200 ft skidpad : 0.86 g
    here is a correction to your data straight from motor trend,and um your jeep will not beat a turd on a slow roll down hill.
    Last edited by sonicrx; 12-13-2005 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soon2BWRXd
    since now I hear the owner bought a smaller pulley and is claiming he walks STi'!
    I dont know about walking STi's but running next to or maybe edging them out is very believeable. The cobalt will trap in the 98/99mph area completely stock and judging from the dyno numbers they pick up with just intake, exhaust and pulley I would not be suprised if they were trapping in the 103mph area which is right around or a tad slower than an STi. He is saying he is walking them, that is another story though.

As for the race of the stock wrx vs stock cobalt... Pretty much what everyone else has said. From a dig, you will win if you can drive. From a roll, you lose.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I dont know about walking STi's but running next to or maybe edging them out is very believeable. The cobalt will trap in the 98/99mph area completely stock and judging from the dyno numbers they pick up with just intake, exhaust and pulley I would not be suprised if they were trapping in the 103mph area which is right around or a tad slower than an STi. He is saying he is walking them, that is another story though.

As for the race of the stock wrx vs stock cobalt... Pretty much what everyone else has said. From a dig, you will win if you can drive. From a roll, you lose.
    ss and the 04 wrx run the same et,and the ss traps 98.2 where the wrx traps 93. from a roll the ss will win,and from a dig it is a drivers race . i would like to see it either way

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.