Ok.. WTF happened here??

This is a discussion on Ok.. WTF happened here?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm totally confused. I was driving with the wife to Longmont, CO. We were on Rt. 119 and came to ...

Ok.. WTF happened here??

I'm totally confused.

I was driving with the wife to Longmont, CO. We were on Rt. 119 and came to a stoplight. I was in the left lane and a newer Buick Regal (one of the supercharged ones with the 240hp V6) was in the right lane. When the light turned green, I took off at my normal pace, which is usually a little quicker than traffic around me but nothing really dramatic. I started to pull ahead (believe me here, racing or performance driving was the last thing on my mind. Our house was being shown to some prospective buyers and we were discussing that at the time). The Regal accelerated at a pretty good clip to get in front of us and turned his right turn signal on for 2 blinks and shut it off. I didn't think anything of it. In fact, I hardly noticed at all.
    We got to the next light and it was red so we stopped in the same lanes, him in the right and me in the left. Once again, we both took off from the light and he pulled ahead of me and flashed his right turn signal again twice. This time, my wife and I looked at each other and were saying "what's that all about?". This time, the road was 2 lanes each way and 55mph limit for a couple miles until Main St. I was just cruising at about 60-62. He slowed down to around 55 so I was starting to catch up to him and actually got to his rear tire when he sped up again and flashed that right turn signal twice again.
    This time, I just said "screw it" and dropped it into 3rd and stomped on it until I flew by him at around 90-100. He tried to keep up but that big boat had no chance at all. As soon as I got in front of him, he turned his high beams on and left them on until we got to the next light.

What the f*#$ was that all about? What did the right turn signal flashing mean? Was he just trying really, really hard to be a ****head? If so, he succeeded famously.
    05 WRX wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like just another domestic ricer. He probably flashed his turn signal to indicate he won what he believed to be a race.

yea it sounds like he was too retarded to find the hazards so he used the only thing he could find

I bet his left blinker was burned out....

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    Sounds like just another domestic ricer. He probably flashed his turn signal to indicate he won what he believed to be a race.
    +1.

He was teh ghey
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Was it a kid or what? I drive the diagonal every day on my way to work at IBM. Usually only hondas and crappy cars try to mess with me.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    yeah maybe he was throwin up the hazards
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

I couldn't tell how old he was. Only reason I was pretty sure he was male was the short hair as I pulled up beside him at the first light. That's the only part of him I bothered to notice. This happened on that new section of 119 coming into town from I-25 where they're building the new strip mall.
    05 WRX wagon

He's probably saying "slower traffic keep right", aka "he won".

I do it to people who hog the left lane of the interstate after I finally manage to get in front of them.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Your kidding right? I don't see how identifying a particular type of people that are in that area is racist. That's like saying a lot of americans try to race me on the highway, is that racist? W/E and fyi i'm only half hispanic but I really don't find the word hispanic racist. : Pushi mi kurats.

*EDIT by WilliamG*

I received several complaints about your comment. You stereotyped Hispanics in a fairly negative way. And that, my friend, is racism. You don't have to see it that way, but apparently some forum members do.
    Last edited by WilliamG; 12-02-2005 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31

That $hit is tooo funy!
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.