Yes, another SRT-4 thread
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Yes, another SRT-4 thread within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I finaly got to run a SRT-4 after being stage 2 for about 2 months now. It actualy started ...

Yes, another SRT-4 thread

So I finaly got to run a SRT-4 after being stage 2 for about 2 months now. It actualy started by this kid trying to cut me off on this road that went down to 1 lane but he got none of that. So I can see him shaking his head behind me and that just kind of pissed me off, then he motioned me to turn onto this really open road(we were out in the open country part of omaha) and we talked, and he was actually a pretty cool kid, and set up a few runs. We did a first, second, and third gear rolls, never from a stop. First gear roll was even through first b/c I could get no traction(I was in the middle lane that was FULL of gravel, and I knew if he was in the middle he would of had no chance) but when I shifted into 2nd I pulled about a half car on him and kept it up to 85ish(sorry, didnt feel like going any faster on gravel).
    2nd gear roll I couldnt get the tires gripped and he jumped to a 1/2 car lead and kept it to 85-90. 3rd gear roll was not really a race b/c he wouldnt speed up before we started so when he honked I was at 2600 rpm in third so that wasnt pretty. Thats pretty much it.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you on stock tires? either way, 'twas to be expected.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Yeah it should be about right, I raced 2 SRT-4's on the highway the red one was stock the kid just got it and the blue was stock but had no resonator.
    We went from a 40 roll which im sure we were in second. anyways, the blue srt-4 honks three times and we go. I get the jump and put a car on the blue srt-4 till about 110 or so. I didnt know where the red one went but all i know that i wasnt the one who was looking at tail lights . But afterwards the blue srt got a cutout and i raced him again. it help him a lot, from a 15 mph roll we were neck and neck. from a 40 roll he can put a car on me. i guess it doesnt take much to make a srt4 quick.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

Quote Originally Posted by subyguy
    Yeah it should be about right, I raced 2 SRT-4's on the highway the red one was stock the kid just got it and the blue was stock but had no resonator.
    We went from a 40 roll which im sure we were in second. anyways, the blue srt-4 honks three times and we go. I get the jump and put a car on the blue srt-4 till about 110 or so. I didnt know where the red one went but all i know that i wasnt the one who was looking at tail lights . But afterwards the blue srt got a cutout and i raced him again. it help him a lot, from a 15 mph roll we were neck and neck. from a 40 roll he can put a car on me. i guess it doesnt take much to make a srt4 quick.

ps... SRT's dont use resonators.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister 2
    ps... SRT's dont use resonators.

ps, yes they do. 2 of them on the stock exhaust, no resonators on canadian models.

i can take a pic and mail it to you if youd like of my stock exhuast
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Good kill, but be carefull. If your haveing traction problems due to gravel, it's probably not the best place to race.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    ps, yes they do. 2 of them on the stock exhaust, no resonators on canadian models.

i can take a pic and mail it to you if youd like of my stock exhuast
    /\ he's right on that one, and he should be as he has one.

Did you get your **** worked out with psi-fi? Oh and I read you thread about racing another srt on the forums before it was deleted. Was the car you raced a white acr? A guy I know was telling me about a race he was in and it sounded like your car. lol small world I guess.

Just wondering, was the srt-4 stock?
    2004 WRB Subaru WRX

the srt4 is a fast budget car. i actually like the bang for the buck. it is the owners that are meat whistles. most of them anyways

Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    /\ he's right on that one, and he should be as he has one.

Did you get your **** worked out with psi-fi? Oh and I read you thread about racing another srt on the forums before it was deleted. Was the car you raced a white acr? A guy I know was telling me about a race he was in and it sounded like your car. lol small world I guess.

yeah that was me, no psifi dcked me over. yeah i raced the quikwhips acr. car was running like and still is crap
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    yeah that was me, no psifi dcked me over. yeah i raced the quikwhips acr. car was running like and still is crap
    Yeah, he was telling me about it. I was like " I think i just read that on the forums, but it got deleted."

Quote Originally Posted by Rice18
    Just wondering, was the srt-4 stock?
    Pretty much
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Hello......my name is meat whistle. Nice to meet you all.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.