fun with 350z

This is a discussion on fun with 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; last weekend i raced my buddies 350z from a 40 roll. he has the nismo intake and i was stock ...

fun with 350z

last weekend i raced my buddies 350z from a 40 roll. he has the nismo intake and i was stock at the time. i was in 2nd at about 3.5k and when we took off i hung with him for about 5 sec. until he put about 3 cars on me. so then next day i put on some gt spec headers w/ uppipe and a perrin dp that i bought for $300(a steal i know).

then fri. nite we raced again from a 40 roll and this time i jumped out to a half car lead until we finally shut it down at 120.

i knew that these cars responded well to mods but i was shocked at how much of a difference it made.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

get some sort of ems youll really notice the difference
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Wow, pretty good results for 300 bucks.

+1 on the EMS.

ah yes... the beauty of mods

Go Utec or stageII AP and you will turn that 1/2 car lead into about a 3 car lead
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yea, the ap is gonna be my next mod. what do you guess think about the dual stage boost controller? my cousin has one but im afraid that the power i gain isnt worth the wear on the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by gottahaveturbo
    yea, the ap is gonna be my next mod. what do you guess think about the dual stage boost controller? my cousin has one but im afraid that the power i gain isnt worth the wear on the motor.
    I ran a MBC with uppipe and turboback setup and got some pretty good gains, but boost spiking is a problem and the power is not as linear as a cobb stageII AP would be...Hence, I am trying to pick up a Cobb AP now
    The MBC is a quick way for power, but I think that overall the cobb is worth the money over it. It is safer power, more linear and steady power, and the AP has several functions which are pretty cool. I think the fuel cut, safety mod alone is worth nearly the price of the AP considering how much a good alarm costs these days.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.