04 srt-4 vs. my 02 wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 srt-4 vs. my 02 wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I just got my txs dual stage boost controller and figured I would race my friends srt-4 before he ...

04 srt-4 vs. my 02 wrx

Well I just got my txs dual stage boost controller and figured I would race my friends srt-4 before he got the mopar stg1 em upgrade. The day that we were planning on racing he called me and told me that he had just gotten the stg1 in the mail. I figured I might as well race him anyway because I had heard that mopar stg1 dosen't make that much of a difference in performance. After we finally got his em in we decided that we would race from 40 mph on the interstate. Anyways I ended up pulling a nose on him in second and then stayed a little out in front all the way through third. My mods are the boost controller set to 15.5 psi in 4th gear, Invidia down pipe and Apexi GT spec catback. He has mopar stg 1 and the txs RFL bov. Earlier I had also beaten a 02 cobb stg 2 wrx pretty bad with the boost only set to like 14.5 psi in 4th. Was wondering if these victories are normal or is my oem boost guage off
    Tuned by TopSpeed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i would only believe you if the other guy in the subaru was not driving hard.......i am running Cobb Stage 2. I have 225whp and 227tq running at 17.4 psi boost. If you raced me running that little bit of boost i would pull on you by atleast 3 or 4 car lengths. You might want to ask the guy with stage 2 if he has all the supporting mods. You won but i think the guy in the rex was lying to you.
    Driving a WRX is like having a big d*ck; it's not immediately obvious to everyone, but you have to just rest assured that when it comes time to put it to use, you won't need to explain a whole lot afterwards!!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...07/devilZ1.jpg

cobb stage 2 is WAY over rated. The only way it is good is if the AP has custom tuned maps to the individual car.

Quote Originally Posted by labelskate
    cobb stage 2 is WAY over rated. The only way it is good is if the AP has custom tuned maps to the individual car.

i beg to differ, that is what i am running....its alot better then UTEC.
    Driving a WRX is like having a big d*ck; it's not immediately obvious to everyone, but you have to just rest assured that when it comes time to put it to use, you won't need to explain a whole lot afterwards!!

Quote Originally Posted by labelskate
    I've got a FXT w/Cobb stg. 2 and pulled a 13.1@103+...
    Jamie
    John 3:3
    XTi

Quote Originally Posted by Pele0107
    i would only believe you if the other guy in the subaru was not driving hard.......i am running Cobb Stage 2. I have 225whp and 227tq running at 17.4 psi boost. If you raced me running that little bit of boost i would pull on you by atleast 3 or 4 car lengths. You might want to ask the guy with stage 2 if he has all the supporting mods. You won but i think the guy in the rex was lying to you.
    17.4 psi is pretty high for cobb stage 2, the highest it should be really is 16.5, im not sure how bad it is to be running that high but you might want to look into it

Quote Originally Posted by wrx slob
    17.4 psi is pretty high for cobb stage 2, the highest it should be really is 16.5, im not sure how bad it is to be running that high but you might want to look into it
    ya...inefficient to be running that much boost for the stock turbo. Either you're spiking or your boost gauge needs calibration.

good run, stage 1 doesn't do much for 04s but unlockes the tuning gate for the rest of the performance mods to work at there best.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

He said that His em has adjusted to the car now and is a little quicker so it was probably only a one time victory for the wrx. after riding in his car I thought I would win because my car just felt a little faster. I was really suprised that I beat the cobb stg2 wrx I thought they were supposed to be faster than that especially since he was running 16 psi and I was only running like 15 psi in 4th at the time.

give your friend in the SRT some driving lessons...unless your friend has ridiculous power, which he doesn't, 40mph is when those things have all the traction they need.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

17.4 is the most you can run on your stock turbo safely. My car was dyno-ed at 225whp and 227 tq. at 5200 rpms.

Good run with the SRT4. Just watch it though, stage1 does not do much, but now that he has laid down the foundation, very little money = incredibly fast car.

As for the run in with the stageII wrx I am not sure what happened there... probably just driver differences (faster shifting, better rev matching, etc..)
    I believe that an AP + dp + up is just as fast as a MBC @ 16psi + dp + up because I was able to run a 13.3 with MBC, downpipe, uppipe, intercooler hoses and tires. That time is similar if not a tad better than a cobb stageII AP + uppipe, but the AP is better overall because it makes more linear power and is safer for the car. So if you ran with him, there is no suprise there, but to beat him badly as you say I must assume that there was driver error here or he was on the economy map or something.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I was suprised also. I told my friends who were riding with me at the time that I was probably going to get owned. We went from 40mph and it was dead even through 2nd and then we both hit 3rd and my car pulled pretty easily there. It was pretty obvious that my car was stronger than his but I couldn't understand that. I am a big ap fan and was planning on getting one but my stock boost control system started malfunctioning about a month after my dp install and so I needed a quick fix so I got the boost controller. at first i figured that maybe his ap wasn't hitting target stg2 boost, but he said he was running 16 pounds and at the time I was running like 15 psi in 4th.

There is this guy around the corner from me with an SRT-4. He has full exhaust and intake, i am running stage 2 and from the line i pulled about 3 cars on him till about 100mph. From a 3rd gear roll on the Highway its even, i start to pull alil bit then he stays with me. There fast cars but they won't last past 40,000 miles with heavy mods on them the whole time.....its still a neon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pele0107
    There is this guy around the corner from me with an SRT-4. He has full exhaust and intake, i am running stage 2 and from the line i pulled about 3 cars on him till about 100mph. From a 3rd gear roll on the Highway its even, i start to pull alil bit then he stays with me. There fast cars but they won't last past 40,000 miles with heavy mods on them the whole time.....its still a neon.

you can't be serious.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.