04 srt-4 vs. my 02 wrx - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 srt-4 vs. my 02 wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thats not a very nice thing to say....

Thats not a very nice thing to say.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    Stg 1 with MBC and wastgate can be mid to low 13's easy in a srt. Due to traction problems, from a roll there's no traction problems. I could see that race going to the srt.
    Hence the reason I mentioned 13's.
    Stock evo's run very low 13's at around 104-106mph. I have even heard of 12's, but as stated before, there is no timeslips to prove it.
    I doubt a stage 1 neon can get those numbers with those traps. Especially when you factor the fwd traction problems.
    But maybe you are right, the neon might be a beast from a 40mph roll. I guess I would just have to see it to believe it.
    I am definitely not knocking the srt4, I have read enough to know they are no joke....but I also know how beastly the EVO can be in the right drivers hands, stock or not.
    stupidman has spoken

ask ybnormal07 about me racing his stage 2 sti. it wansn't what we thought to stay the least, and i had a 200lb passenger where scott was alone.. with stage 1 usual bolt ons. mbc,wga, catback, cai...
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    you can't be serious.
    i might not be the kinda guy to get one but with forged internals coming stock and basic mods i could see one lasting 150k under abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Stock evo's run very low 13's at around 104-106mph. I have even heard of 12's, but as stated before, there is no timeslips to prove it.
    I doubt a stage 1 neon can get those numbers with those traps. Especially when you factor the fwd traction problems.
    But maybe you are right, the neon might be a beast from a 40mph roll. I guess I would just have to see it to believe it.
    I am definitely not knocking the srt4, I have read enough to know they are no joke....but I also know how beastly the EVO can be in the right drivers hands, stock or not.
    I have friends that have been 13.8 stock in a srt. I think one of them went 13.4 with mbc and stg 1. But the thing is, they can't get those # with those traps your right. But when they get to those # there traps will be higher, witch is why there mean from a roll.
    Last edited by racinready300ex; 12-02-2005 at 04:45 AM.

COBB off the shelf maps
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Ive raced my buddies SRT-4 when all he had was the resonators removed. I beat him from a roll and stop putting 1-2 cars on him. Now when he had his exhaust cutout on it made a big difference, from a 15 mph roll we were neck and neck till 90. from a 40 roll he only put 3/4 to a 1 car on me.
    Oh yeah as for the evo goes, my bro told be he raced his buddies evo on the highway and walked it pretty bad up till 130mph. all my bro had was a 05 wagon with MBC set at 16psi. i know it cant be true but my bro never BS about his races.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

theres a stage one SRT4 at tristate every year for the chrysler nats. he was running 12.64 with drag radials. has a plate frame that says mopar stage one and all but im sure he has more supporting mods. never seen him run below 12.99

Quote Originally Posted by subyguy
    Ive raced my buddies SRT-4 when all he had was the resonators removed. I beat him from a roll and stop putting 1-2 cars on him. Now when he had his exhaust cutout on it made a big difference, from a 15 mph roll we were neck and neck till 90. from a 40 roll he only put 3/4 to a 1 car on me.
    Oh yeah as for the evo goes, my bro told be he raced his buddies evo on the highway and walked it pretty bad up till 130mph. all my bro had was a 05 wagon with MBC set at 16psi. i know it cant be true but my bro never BS about his races.
    I call complete BS on that EVO story. I mean unless that EVO has serious problems or the guys is a total retard then I see no way in hell that can happen. He should race me then Ill beleive it.

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    I call complete BS on that EVO story. I mean unless that EVO has serious problems or the guys is a total retard then I see no way in hell that can happen. He should race me then Ill beleive it.
    It was probably a lancer with a wing
    stupidman has spoken

It was probably a lancer with a wing
    Now that I can beleive.

In the SRT4 I tried to race a STI that had exhaust but he did the cut off traffic racing and i didnt follow. I was hoping a EVO that i passed at the intersection would try to catch up me but that didnt happen.

Only thing ive got was a 02/03 WRX with Exhaust and a BOV. It was from 50 to 90, you know the outcome.

My 02 WRX will be paid off in 4 months......then Im looking for an EVO. I have EVO envy!
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Quote Originally Posted by skyjock41
    In the SRT4 I tried to race a STI that had exhaust but he did the cut off traffic racing and i didnt follow. I was hoping a EVO that i passed at the intersection would try to catch up me but that didnt happen.

Only thing ive got was a 02/03 WRX with Exhaust and a BOV. It was from 50 to 90, you know the outcome.

My 02 WRX will be paid off in 4 months......then Im looking for an EVO. I have EVO envy!
    You will love it! Trust me. The EVO is just a whole 'nother monster than the others. Maybe not always the fastest but nothing a couple bucks wont change.

I shall have an evo one day. But, i will wait until I can get an mr for a reasonable price.....then come mods
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by skyjock41

Ahhhh....the classic cut off in traffic, and keep going ploy. Gotta love it.
    stupidman has spoken

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.