04 srt-4 vs. my 02 wrx - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 srt-4 vs. my 02 wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i can see where this is going.....

i can see where this is going..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

uh oh
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Good run with the SRT4. Just watch it though, stage1 does not do much, but now that he has laid down the foundation, very little money = incredibly fast car.

As for the run in with the stageII wrx I am not sure what happened there... probably just driver differences (faster shifting, better rev matching, etc..)
    I believe that an AP + dp + up is just as fast as a MBC @ 16psi + dp + up because I was able to run a 13.3 with MBC, downpipe, uppipe, intercooler hoses and tires. That time is similar if not a tad better than a cobb stageII AP + uppipe, but the AP is better overall because it makes more linear power and is safer for the car. So if you ran with him, there is no suprise there, but to beat him badly as you say I must assume that there was driver error here or he was on the economy map or something.
    +1 SRT 4's are scary from a roll. I lost to one a couple weeks ago. He was stage 2+ and he beat me from a 45 MPH roll. Me being in my nearly stock evo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pele0107
    i beg to differ, that is what i am running....its alot better then UTEC.
    I concur must have been driver error, might want to be carefull with thatmbc, it's been known to do bad things to your car if not managed properly. good kills.
    Last edited by rx4mj; 12-01-2005 at 12:31 AM.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

NO. An off the shelf cobb accessport is NOT better than a correctly tuned UTEC. MBC+AP = not good. The AP automatically sets it to 16.5 psi. Now 17.4 is not exactly the limit either but should not be changed with an mbc unless it is custom tuned. I have seen more psi than that and producing a lot more power than 225 whp.

I've got a question about my mbc. I know that you have to adjust it when there are large temperature changes. Is it wise to be running it at 15.5 psi in 4th in the cold weather? or is that ok. Also I thought that my car was simply faster than his. we both shifted to third and I pulled pretty strong. But if I can't convince you guys of that then I will take driver error. A win is a win right?

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    +1 SRT 4's are scary from a roll. I lost to one a couple weeks ago. He was stage 2+ and he beat me from a 45 MPH roll. Me being in my nearly stock evo.
    "nearly" stock???
    That usually means a MBC cranked wide open.....seriously though, how bad did he pull on you?
    Regardless, that upsets me that the beloved evo can be pulled on by a neon. Get a TBE, MBC, CAI and you should pull on him. Put that 16g to work man!!!!!
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by labelskate
    cobb stage 2 is WAY over rated. The only way it is good is if the AP has custom tuned maps to the individual car.

+ 1 I just raced an 05 wrx with uppipe tbe and cobb stage 2. I just recently took off my turboXS em to test various EM things with ECUexplorer/ECUflash and I have boost set to 16 PSI in 4th, From a 30 mph roll I had him by a car at the top of third gear. And yes he was giving it all it had. So i am not very impressed with that map, I am going to backup a buddy's cobb stage 2 map and take a look to see the differences, Because with my ECU back to stock (bought the car used so assume its stock, I have many logs but havent backed up the map to see what it is running at) I still pulled a car on an 05 by 100mph..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    "nearly" stock???
    That usually means a MBC cranked wide open.....seriously though, how bad did he pull on you?
    Regardless, that upsets me that the beloved evo can be pulled on by a neon. Get a TBE, MBC, CAI and you should pull on him. Put that 16g to work man!!!!!
    Nope nothing thats actually much help to performance. But yeah I know I just had to replace the stock clutch a couple weeks ago so funds are short as of now.

EDIT: it was a race from about 45 til about 80 maybe. And I held onto his rear bumper. Not too bad I guess. I think Stage 2 SRT's can run 12's
    Last edited by IHRTWRX; 12-01-2005 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    Nope nothing thats actually much help to performance. But yeah I know I just had to replace the stock clutch a couple weeks ago so funds are short as of now.

EDIT: it was a race from about 45 til about 80 maybe. And I held onto his rear bumper. Not too bad I guess. I think Stage 2 SRT's can run 12's

pending on lots of things stage 2 + all bolt ons mid 12s on slicks. low 13s on street tires at 105-110 or so. alot of differnt veriables to go with any thing modded like that. just say stage 2 only, no exhuast or anything mid. mid13s at best at 105ish. which is about right for a stock? evo to lose that way.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    pending on lots of things stage 2 + all bolt ons mid 12s on slicks. low 13s on street tires at 105-110 or so. alot of differnt veriables to go with any thing modded like that. just say stage 2 only, no exhuast or anything mid. mid13s at best at 105ish. which is about right for a stock? evo to lose that way.
    Yeah this thing was fast. The exhaust was loud as hell too. Not sure of everything he had in it just know that it was at least mopar stage 2.

I know a guy that is stg. 1 with a mbc, short shifter, and different wastegate who said he beat an sti from a roll, but i was kindof skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxracer87
    I know a guy that is stg. 1 with a mbc, short shifter, and different wastegate who said he beat an sti from a roll, but i was kindof skeptical.
    I would say it is since stock sti's are breaking 12's, and a stage 1 srt4's are breaking into the 13's
    Of course he could be one of those guys who "raced" an STi, in traffic, while the STi was stuck behind a slow moving truck....If that is the case, I beat a z06 today

Next time he says that, give him a good wake up smack and a bowl of cereal.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    I would say it is since stock sti's are breaking 12's, and a stage 1 srt4's are breaking into the 13's
    Of course he could be one of those guys who "raced" an STi, in traffic, while the STi was stuck behind a slow moving truck....If that is the case, I beat a z06 today

Next time he says that, give him a good wake up smack and a bowl of cereal.
    Stg 1 with MBC and wastgate can be mid to low 13's easy in a srt. Due to traction problems, from a roll there's no traction problems. I could see that race going to the srt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pele0107
    There is this guy around the corner from me with an SRT-4. He has full exhaust and intake, i am running stage 2 and from the line i pulled about 3 cars on him till about 100mph. From a 3rd gear roll on the Highway its even, i start to pull alil bit then he stays with me. There fast cars but they won't last past 40,000 miles with heavy mods on them the whole time.....its still a neon.
    The only thing worse than driving a neon is driving a car that's slower than a neon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast