Stock 06 WRX v. Eclipse GS-X
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stock 06 WRX v. Eclipse GS-X within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, first off. I'll let you know that I am NOT a fan of street racing. I almost got into ...

Stock 06 WRX v. Eclipse GS-X

Well, first off. I'll let you know that I am NOT a fan of street racing. I almost got into a huge accident in my friend's syclone and this was it for me. That being said, I did make a judgement call, no traffic, no pedestrians, 55mph speed limit, I felt it was safe.

I saw him creep up at a red light, it turned green and we both went. Neither of us launched it. I slowly gained a length and a half on him to 80 and called it quits. nothing really exiting. He had some mods: I could hear his BOV, so, I would guess he had some typical mods. I did not shift as hard as I wanted, I could have done a lot better. It was fun though. I guess there is no real point to this, its not like it was a z06 or anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tgwrx05
    its not like it was a z06 or anything.
    You wouldnt be here telling a story if you "tried" to race a Z06.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Yea, I know what you mean. GS-X, IMO, unless it was heavily modded, wasn't particularly good kill, but oh well. I would prorbably tell everyone how bad I lost to a z06.

Quote Originally Posted by tgwrx05
    Yea, I know what you mean. GS-X, IMO, unless it was heavily modded, wasn't particularly good kill, but oh well. I would prorbably tell everyone how bad I lost to a z06.
    GSX does not have to be heavily modded to run with a wrx. All it takes is intake, full exhaust, and boost controller and if you dont drive all that great you will be watching his tailights. That is not even talking about the insane modabilitity they have once you start bolting in new turbo's so I wouldn't say that a GSX kill in a stock wrx is nothing... its def. something
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

schoolloans
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    GSX does not have to be heavily modded to run with a wrx. All it takes is intake, full exhaust, and boost controller and if you dont drive all that great you will be watching his tailights. That is not even talking about the insane modabilitity they have once you start bolting in new turbo's so I wouldn't say that a GSX kill in a stock wrx is nothing... its def. something
    +1

They respond to any mods so well its insane. Always be careful when a turbo mitsu wants to throw down. Good chance you're going to have trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    All it takes is intake, full exhaust, and boost controller and if you dont drive all that great you will be watching his tailights.
    Give me a 1st gen DSM and a MBC and I wouldn't need anything else to go faster than a stock WRX - stock being the key word. A downpipe would be gravy, making low 13s possible.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    Give me a 1st gen DSM and a MBC and I wouldn't need anything else to go faster than a stock WRX - stock being the key word. A downpipe would be gravy, making low 13s possible.
    true, but we all know that the 1st gen DSM's respond to increased boost like nothing on earth. I was refering to a 2nd gen GSX when I was talking about the intake, exhaust, boost controller.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.