2006 Audi A3
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2006 Audi A3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not sure if it was the turbo four cylinder (200 hp 203 lbs/ft of torque) or the 3.2 V6 with ...

2006 Audi A3

Not sure if it was the turbo four cylinder (200 hp 203 lbs/ft of torque) or the 3.2 V6 with 250 hp and 237 lbs/ft. Honestly I didnt get a good look at it and I just researched the engines now. He put up a little fight with a slightly better launch than mine but I left him 3 car lengths behind by the time I hit third gear!

First good kill with the new car and the new cobb accessport stage 1 installed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A3 is a V6 hmmI thought it was a 4 banger.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

A3 now only comes with the 2.0T and FWD.

In a year or two, it will have a VR6 with Quattro.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Cobb stage 1 WRX should trap around 2 MPH higher than a new A3. Is that enough to pull 3 car lengths by end of 3rd gear (95mph)?

What is the qtr mile time for the A3? I doubt its only 2 ,mph less than a stage1 06 wrx. With 200 hp and around the same weight?

isn't th e A3 just a rebadged and rebodied Golf?
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    close; golf GTI, which is a damn good hot hatch. although the A3 will also be offered with Quattro and the VR6; it's a great alternative to a used S4.

if Audi's weren't so damn unreliable, a VR6 Quattro would probably be my next car.

Oops yeah I meant GTI. The A3's look really nice though. i love the new shield grille Audi is using.
    FORZA FERRARI

Audi's quoted times for the 6 are:

"This drivetrain propels the A3 3.2 quattro S-line from 0-60 mph in 5.9 seconds, and through the quarter-mile in 14.4 seconds"

2.0T is running low 6s, high 14s in the quarter, trap speed is decent, 94-95 mph.

-B

watch these things though. Tuners are getting 250hp/270ft/lbs tq with just a chip...and the fact that they dyno about 195whp and 200ft/lbs stock, means those are probably close figures you'll get at the wheels with them.

Mmmmm. 400whp with just a bolt on turbo upgrade.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    and...It's the same platform as the MKV golf. Completely different chassis and suspension from the older MKIV's. I's suppose to handle a hell of a lot better as well.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

i'm surprised he got off a good launch, don't the a3's have the dsg tranny?

Quote Originally Posted by stick-shift
    i'm surprised he got off a good launch, don't the a3's have the dsg tranny?
    optional

the A3 is like a kick to the groin for me; i would love a Quattro S3 as my next car. would pretty much drive like a luxurious WRX would, with more elegant styling to boot.

then i remember how pathetic Audi's are regarding dependability. it's not the major things, it's the little things. my friend was crawling in traffic in his 2002 A4 and the speedometer read 150mph...a week later, the battery died because he left his hazards on for 20mins...a month later, the interior lighting wouldn't work. what a headache.

now i just see them as glorified VW's as opposed to legitimate contenders with other Bavarians.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.