Walked my boss and his '01 Z28

This is a discussion on Walked my boss and his '01 Z28 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So my boss got a 2001 Camaro Z28 a few weeks ago and since then we've had a few conversations, ...

Walked my boss and his '01 Z28

So my boss got a 2001 Camaro Z28 a few weeks ago and since then we've had a few conversations, mostly about how bad i'd beat him. It was somewhat just joking with him, but behind it all it was the truth. We always had said that we should race someday, and it ended up being today. So finally today we both ended up leaving work at the same time and he happened to be right in front of me leaving the parking lot and out onto the main street. We go for about 2 miles until it opens up into 2 lanes if you turn right, which we both did. I went out of my way just to race him, we knew it was on the moment we saw each other back in the parking lot going to our cars. So anyways we lined up doing 60mph and I had it in 3rd gear, around 4400 rpms. I rolled on it first, and he reacted to the sound of my turbo spooling by flooring his camaro. He didnt even pull for that 1 second that he had an advantage, it was over before it started. Once my turbo was fully spooled I walked away from him at about a walking pace. All I could hear for the first few seconds was his screaming LS1 as it faded into the background. By the end of 3rd(around 95mph) I shifted into 4th with about 2 carlengths inbetween us. I pulled in 4th for a second and really put some distance on him, then I let off around 100 or so, no need to go any faster. I couldnt tell if he had quit or if I was just beating him that bad. Now tomorrow I get to rub it in infront of everybody else we work with...it will be fun. He knew I was going to beat him he just didnt know how bad. It is all good fun between him and I, dont think im an A-Hole or anything.

And my mods if you are curious...
    Perrin Short Ram
    Perrin Turbo Inlet hose
    Big 16g hybrid @ 20psi
    TurboXS FMIC
    Ported throttle body /knife-edged
    STi-RA Spec C TGV risers (strait through)
    Dual-stage water injection, 1gph + 1gph
    NGK BKR6EIX Iridium plugs, stock temp (W.I. keeps it cool)
    Stock Headers
    TurboXS Uppipe - Cast Iron
    Full 3" TBE (Exhaust depot DP,catless w/Greddy Evo cat-back)
    TurboXS UTEC
    TurboXS Tuner Pro

I have it tuned to 12:1 AFR @20psi using the water injection. I estimate my power to be around 310-320whp, somewhere in the low 400's at the crank but who cares. I do all of my own tuning with my laptop and some software that i wrote. check it out at my site here . Any questions please fire away.

Jeff
    Last edited by NavyBlueSubaru; 11-16-2005 at 06:09 AM.
    '02 WRB WRX
    Custom Water Injection System...pm me for details

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cool man ,, good job on the tuning

oh yeah ,, your ass is gettin fired!
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by ynotajb
    cool man ,, good job on the tuning

oh yeah ,, your ass is gettin fired!
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

good job

i dont know much about the big 16G but i would think paired up with that big fmic and water injection and a good tune... you'd be seeing 320-340 to the wheels? i dont know, am i off or are you just modest?
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

nice one
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

nice kill...but just dont rub it in TOO much tomorrow..look like a cool guy not a total cocky d*ck.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Well as much as i'd like to get fired, I cant. Unfortunately im in the navy right now which I hate but I get out in about 18 months. He is just my work center supervisor, one rank above me so he's not like all powerful or anything. I used the word 'boss' for lack of a better word and for simplicity's sake.

I didnt say much to him today but I did say a little, I didnt want to be an ass.

Wrinkleboi, it could be more, im not really 100% sure. I've never dyno'd it, I just have estimates to go by. I walked a brand new Dodge Charger R/T about a week ago, about the same situation. We were doing about 60 and we rolled on it and I waved goodbye to him literally as I put about 2 carlengths in 3rd gear alone, then we let off due to upcomming traffic. I dont believe in weaving through cars when racing, its too dangerous but I will give it a good run if the roads are clear and there's nobody in the way.

Jeff
    '02 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBlueSubaru
    Well as much as i'd like to get fired, I cant. Unfortunately im in the navy right now which I hate but I get out in about 18 months. He is just my work center supervisor, one rank above me so he's not like all powerful or anything. I used the word 'boss' for lack of a better word and for simplicity's sake.
    What rate are you? I was AOC (AW) before getting out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Good job

YN2(SS) here

I actually like the navy....feel bad for the surface guys. Id get out too.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

I Support ClubWRX
    Kewl...nothing better then showing it to the upper ranks where they have no power. Just be careful to you don't get in an accident and get brought up UCMJ for "damage to governmetn property". heh....SS...which boat?

<--ex SS(BN), MMC, CWO, BUDS and few others that I have to kill for if I discuss...meh

"Real boats are designed to sink....everything else is just a target"
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    heh....SS...which boat?
    USS NEVADA (SSBN 733)(BLUE)

<--ex SS(BN), MMC, CWO, BUDS
    Quite the resume you have there.

"Real boats are designed to sink....everything else is just a target"
    LOL. When i was in sub school a guy got kicked out. The instructor said "see you on a target." That kids face had zero expression. I still havent figured out why they send submarine trash to the surface.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Jeff, are you still running the stock injectors with your water injection combo?

I am still running the stock injectors, however they are modified. I shaved the caps off, im sure you know about that little trick by now. They are scaled in the UTEC to 850cc and it runs like a champ. Max IDC's are typically around 60-65%, while the MAF is occasionally reading 4.6v.

Jeff
    '02 WRB WRX