06 WRX TR vs 04 350Z
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 WRX TR vs 04 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This morning, I was cutting the grass, when my friend Steve with a completely stock 350Z dropped by. His lease ...

06 WRX TR vs 04 350Z

This morning, I was cutting the grass, when my friend Steve with a completely stock 350Z dropped by. His lease on the 350z is up in February and he is contemplating the purchase of a WRX. After shooting some BS for roughly an hour, he asked me if I wanted to race at an isolated road near my house. I immediately jumped in to the WRX and followed him to the isolated road. I decided to set-up the G-Tech to capture some of the times during our runs. To make a long story short, we raced 3 times and I beat him every time. I would jump him of the line by two cars, and by 80 mph I would have a 2-½-car advantage. By the end of the quarter mile, I had 1 ½- car advantage. I asked him if he wanted some of the Buick, but he decline.

¼ G-Tech results

1st 13.85 98 MPH
    2nd 13.90 98 MPH
    3rd 13.87 97 MPH
    Last edited by Drod; 11-13-2005 at 07:52 PM.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sweet!!!!
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kills.

I'm still convinced that an '06 can dip well into the 13s, but so few people have tracked them so far. Well-driven, I still think 13.7 @ 100 will happen.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Nice kills.

I'm still convinced that an '06 can dip well into the 13s, but so few people have tracked them so far. Well-driven, I still think 13.7 @ 100 will happen.
    I agree
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

I am still rusty; I have been driving an automatic Honda since I sold my 02 WRX and 03 Cobra last June 2004. I was not launching the car as well as I used to. I was getting 1.9 60 FT times. The car feels stronger than my 02, but it’s hard to compare it to a car that I haven’t driven in over a year.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black

Nice kills.

agreed.

Good runs.

schoolloans
    Nice kills.

Not buying it. G-Techs read a few MPH high. Every test so far has the car in the mid 90's, just as this one does. Automobile just tested on that ran 95 in the 1/4. A 5 mph jump is HUGE, good driver or not...

100 mph traps strong stage II 2.0l runs. How is an 06, without nearly the same power up top as a stage II going to run the same traps?
    Last edited by schoolloans; 11-14-2005 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans
    Not buying it. G-Techs read a few MPH high. Every test so far has the car in the mid 90's, just as this one does. Automobile just tested on that ran 95 in the 1/4. A 5 mph jump is HUGE, good driver or not...
    Maybe one mile over!!

Measurement Device 0-60 mph 1/4 mi. E.T. 1/4m Speed Horsepower Torque RPM Cost
    G-TECH/Pro (SS & RR)
    Performance Meter +/- 0.2mph +/- .01sec +/- 0.4mph +/- 1% +/- 1% +/- 2% $200
    Correvit Datron
    Optical 5th-Wheel +/- 0.1mph +/- .005sec +/- 0.1mph not available not available not available $10,000
    V-Box
    GPS Speed Sensor +/- 0.4mph +/- .005sec +/- 0.1mph not available not available not available $5,000
    Stalker
    Radar Gun +/- 0.4mph +/- .01sec +/- 0.5mph not available not available not available $2,500
    These products are out of price range for most car enthusiasts but are used by the car magazines to perform their tests and have been a long-term inspiration for our development when it comes to improving the accuracy of our products.
    Last edited by Drod; 11-14-2005 at 09:01 AM.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black

schoolloans
    Quote Originally Posted by Drod
    Maybe one mile over!!
    Yeah right...

At the strip, your end MPH is averaged, on a g-tech its actual. G-Techs are well known to be well over 1 mph off. Usually 3-4. Was yours properly calibrated? Was the road dead flat. Thats 1% deviation in the system during ideal conditions...

Plus, again, even if the g-tech is 100% dead on, its still giving you actual MPH, as opposed to the averaged value that you'll get at the track, which is the standard.

G-Tech MPH and track MPH are measurements of two DIFFERENT THINGS!

How is an 06 going to trap as high as a stage II?
    Last edited by schoolloans; 11-14-2005 at 09:05 AM.

Road was flat, and the G-tech was properly calibrated. I would not put my money on these numbers or speeds, but I just used them to get an idea on what the car can do. Is the car slower? Maybe, but I never claimed that I ran a 100 MPH trap during these runs. BTW, I ran my friend from a 30 to 110 roll and we ran dead even. As I recall, the 350Z traps at 100 - 101 MPH in the ¼.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black

Quote Originally Posted by Drod
    Road was flat, and the G-tech was properly calibrated. I would not put my money on these numbers or speeds, but I just used them to get an idea on what the car can do. Is the car slower? Maybe, but I never claimed that I ran a 100 MPH trap during these runs. BTW, I ran my friend from a 30 to 110 roll and we ran dead even. As I recall, the 350Z traps at 100 - 101 MPH in the ¼.

Let the man go, bro. I have a Vector X2... We don't use them to give actual measurements. We use them to compare one mod to another mod. My car was stock and it read about 160 whp, which is pretty close to other people's dyno. I added, intake, exhaust and full catless and I was about 200-210, which is pretty close. We don't care if it's exact. We just want a good estimate so we know we are making power.

Because it uses motion properties as the mesurement tools, it's not going to be
    PERFECTLY accurate compared to a really DYNO and real 1/4 run.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang
    Let the man go, bro. I have a Vector X2... We don't use them to give actual measurements. We use them to compare one mod to another mod. My car was stock and it read about 160 whp, which is pretty close to other people's dyno. I added, intake, exhaust and full catless and I was about 200-210, which is pretty close. We don't care if it's exact. We just want a good estimate so we know we are making power.

Because it uses motion properties as the mesurement tools, it's not going to be
    PERFECTLY accurate compared to a really DYNO and real 1/4 run.
    You are correct. I also use my G-tech to measure performance gains.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black

Nice kills.

Agreed.

My buddies 06' seems VERY similar to my wrx when it had a downpipe on it which would put it in the higher 13's @ 97 or so
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Any mods?

I can't see a stock WRX pulling on a 350z like that. Maybe from a stop if the guy in the 350 can't launch...
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    Any mods?

I can't see a stock WRX pulling on a 350z like that. Maybe from a stop if the guy in the 350 can't launch...
    I clearly stated that we ran from a dead stop and I beat him by 1 1/2 cars. We ran dead even from a roll.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.