06 WRX TR vs 04 350Z - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

This is a discussion on 06 WRX TR vs 04 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Drod I clearly stated that we ran from a dead stop and I beat him by 1 ...

  1. #16
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Drod
    I clearly stated that we ran from a dead stop and I beat him by 1 1/2 cars. We ran dead even from a roll.
    Okay, wait....I can buy that you beat him from a dig because I have no doubt that the 06' WRX's are good for higher 13's in stock form. Granted, the Z's run higher 13's as well but if you nailed a good launch and he is not the greatest driver, you putting 1 1/2 cars on him is perfectly feasible. I dont know about the rolling start though. If you truly ran dead even in your stock 06' with a 6spd 350Z from a roll then he is an absolutely terrible driver and must have not started in the right gear. Previous stock wrx's trapped 94/95 and the 06's are probably trapping 96/97 on average with really great drivers maybe hitting 98mph. The Z on the other hand still traps 98/99 with a "poor" driver and most likely will consistantly hit 100/101 traps.

    I would have to say you ran a pretty bad driver here.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User skyjock41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    PCAN FL
    Posts
    773
    buick = drool

    you in the tens with it?
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

  4. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    McLean, VA
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by skyjock41
    buick = drool

    you in the tens with it?
    Very, very close. 11.2 @ 126. I am wating for the N-tercooler set-up.

    Mods:

    Anderson Performance rebuild with TRW pistons, TE-62, ported iron heads with stock valves, Comp Cams 214/214 roller, CAS V4 intercooler, Tomka Cold Air Induction, 72# injectors, ATR double pumper, Max Effort 16-pos thumbwheel, TH 3" downpipe, ATR 2.5" exhaust, 9.5" Vigilante, DelTrans 200R4, Eaton posi, Moser 28 spline axles.
    Last edited by Drod; 11-15-2005 at 02:51 PM.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

  5. #19
    Registered User skyjock41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    PCAN FL
    Posts
    773
    i searched hi and low for one about two years back. Hard to find in the shape that i wanted one. Nice stable of cars you have.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

  6. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    McLean, VA
    Posts
    570
    Thanks, I looked high and low for a long time and found this one with 60,000 miles. The body and interior needed some work. I replaced the brakes with C4 Corvette brakes. My brother owns a body shop and restore center, so he did all the body work for me. Have you looked at the 1989 Turbo Trans Am. They have a detuned GNX motor. I am currently looking for one.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

  7. #21
    Registered User Chiketkd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    581
    Nice kill. G-techs can be set up to be pretty accurate and with a good driver I bet a 5MT '06 will definitely be in the 13's.

  8. #22
    Registered User dehnem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    344

    Launching on the street

    Ok for one I'm sure at a track the races would have been even closer if not a win for him. Back when I had my Mustang I could only launch on the street at about 2,500 - 3,000 depending on the road. Now at the track I could ussually launch fairly hard at 4,000 and get a 60' of of a 2-2.1. So I would just take into consideration the disadvantage he had by racing you on the street.

  9. #23
    Registered User Black XT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Nice kills.

    I'm still convinced that an '06 can dip well into the 13s, but so few people have tracked them so far. Well-driven, I still think 13.7 @ 100 will happen.

    Well, stock Forester XT's have hit 13.8, I think that the gearing is better set up for drag racing on the XT's though. I forgot, i am too lazy to look it up.

  10. #24
    Registered User Black XT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Okay, wait....I can buy that you beat him from a dig because I have no doubt that the 06' WRX's are good for higher 13's in stock form. Granted, the Z's run higher 13's as well but if you nailed a good launch and he is not the greatest driver, you putting 1 1/2 cars on him is perfectly feasible. I dont know about the rolling start though. If you truly ran dead even in your stock 06' with a 6spd 350Z from a roll then he is an absolutely terrible driver and must have not started in the right gear. Previous stock wrx's trapped 94/95 and the 06's are probably trapping 96/97 on average with really great drivers maybe hitting 98mph. The Z on the other hand still traps 98/99 with a "poor" driver and most likely will consistantly hit 100/101 traps.

    I would have to say you ran a pretty bad driver here.

    Yea, I would have to agree. I ran against my brothers Z from a roll once and it was over before it started. We even switched cars and the Z still wins. From a stop I always beat him, and he has the Z with the Traction control switchy mcthingy.

  11. #25
    Registered User ShardAerithes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wrenching under the Mitsubishi
    Posts
    390
    Me and a 350Z were dead even from about 80-100 on the highway, by around 120 I had pulled about 3 feet on him and he let off.

    My car is stock except for a downpipe.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

    95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic


    http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

  12. #26
    Registered User StupidMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    VA baby
    Posts
    743
    06's are a potential 13.5x's now with good drivers. I just saw a post on here or nazikoc the other day where one went 13.6x

    I think with a great driver, in stock form the 06's could hit 13.50 and 12.9x in Stage 2 form. I have already seen stage 2's in low low 13's. Just a matter of time.

    A 350z would not stand a chance in the quarter from a dig with the same driver stock v stock. But at speeds, It would be very close with maybe the aero edge going to the z. I could see a factory monster taking a z from a roll, and you my friend sound like you have that monster
    stupidman has spoken

  13. #27
    Registered User ShardAerithes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wrenching under the Mitsubishi
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    06's are a potential 13.5x's now with good drivers. I just saw a post on here or nazikoc the other day where one went 13.6x

    I think with a great driver, in stock form the 06's could hit 13.50 and 12.9x in Stage 2 form. I have already seen stage 2's in low low 13's. Just a matter of time.

    A 350z would not stand a chance in the quarter from a dig with the same driver stock v stock. But at speeds, It would be very close with maybe the aero edge going to the z. I could see a factory monster taking a z from a roll, and you my friend sound like you have that monster
    Well some of my races I was boost creeping (when I had that cat-back exhaust on...I have since put my factory cat-back on so all I have is a downpipe) so that could've made me faster.

    I'll be sure to post when I beat more stuff, I took down a Camaro that had an exhaust, looked like it was a 95 or something ( I don't know Camaro). It was a Z28, took him from a roll and a dig (obviously from a dig lol). Thats when I had my exhaust on. The car really seemed to take off but it was spiking like 1 bar and creeping up that high in fourth so I had to take it off..

    Having a factory monster sounds like fun! I also have 2 kicker comp VR 12"s in the trunk of my car, with a MDF box. So it's a bit heavier than stock.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

    95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic


    http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

  14. #28
    Registered User StupidMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    VA baby
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    Well some of my races I was boost creeping (when I had that cat-back exhaust on...I have since put my factory cat-back on so all I have is a downpipe) so that could've made me faster.

    I'll be sure to post when I beat more stuff, I took down a Camaro that had an exhaust, looked like it was a 95 or something ( I don't know Camaro). It was a Z28, took him from a roll and a dig (obviously from a dig lol). Thats when I had my exhaust on. The car really seemed to take off but it was spiking like 1 bar and creeping up that high in fourth so I had to take it off..

    Having a factory monster sounds like fun! I also have 2 kicker comp VR 12"s in the trunk of my car, with a MDF box. So it's a bit heavier than stock.
    1 bar is like 14.5psi. As long as you werent getting fuel cut you should be fine. I think fuel cut is around 17psi? Correct me if I am wrong someone.

    And for sure you have a factory monster, as do I. I would sell the subwoofers and get a Cobb AP, then you will really have some fun being at stage 2.
    stupidman has spoken

  15. #29
    Registered User ShardAerithes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wrenching under the Mitsubishi
    Posts
    390
    Subs won't buy me stage 2. Maybe 100 bucks per, 200 for the amp and 50 for the box. Then I'm 200 away from the AP still.

    I was hitting fuel cut right after 1 bar. It would spike up around 1.1 or 1.2 and then hit fuel cut.

    Third gear was OK if I went up through second gear first, if I just did a third gear pull then it would hit fuel cut about 50% of the time, I hit fuel cut every single time in fourth. After a while of driving around avoiding fuel cut, my car had like NO low end torque. I think it was pulling timing or something. I was driving around at 3-4k rpm without really paying attention. As soon as I put the stock cat-back on and reset the ECU, my low end went through the roof, while my top end suffered.
    Last edited by ShardAerithes; 04-24-2006 at 07:15 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

    95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic


    http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

  16. #30
    Registered User StupidMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    VA baby
    Posts
    743
    Trust me, I know how you feel. I kept hitting fuel cut in 3rd going uphill, or always in 4th and 5th. But I had my Cobb on the way. It was the best money I ever spent. Low end power went up tremendously, and top end power was noticeably better.

    Sell the subs, and match up $200 extra and get the AP, I promise you will thank me later. I mean, who needs bass when your car rumbles like a 10,000 watt sub.
    stupidman has spoken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •